Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Speed Awareness Con....sorry Course.

+10
karlypants
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
Mr Magoo
Soul Kitchen
Hip Priest
Reebok_Rebel
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

According to the letter, up to £1000 and 6 pts.

Which seems excessive for doing 36mph on a country lane at half five in the morning if I'm honest, but hey ho, you can't argue with The Man.

I'm just going to pay the fee and learn how to drive like Juha Kankkunen.

At one time Chief Constables had discretion to have the cameras calibrated at whatever speed they chose. In Greater Manchester in the late seventies the Chief Constable was the Bible bashing owd Wiganer Jim Anderton. He authorised speed cameras to be calibrated at 42mph in 30 zones, 52mph in 40 zones and 62 in 50 zones. His logic was simple. You could always try and argue the toss in court that your speedo was faulty if you were a few miles over but no court would accept such an excuse if you were 12 miles over. His philosophy was that he wanted bobbies on the beat not wasting time in court arguing spurious speeding prosecutions and the high calibration setting would vastly reduce any ' not guilty ' pleas.
This policy was continued under Sir David Wilmott but then the Government changed the goalposts and speeding was de-criminalised. All speeding fines were then paid into central funds and some Chief Constables deliberately took advantage of this cash cow to hammer the motorist.
The worst offenders were North Wales Police whose Chief Constable was a practising Druid called Richard ' Brainstorm ' Brunstrom. All the speeding cameras in North Wales were calibrated at 3 miles over the limit which meant that the cameras were working overtime and generated significant income in the shape of speeding fines.
Lancashire Constabulary were another shower of bastards. Their cameras were calibrated at 4 miles over and they also made a killing.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've done the online speed awareness 'test'.

Only just passed it as well.  Very Happy

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:I've done the online speed awareness 'test'.

Only just passed it as well.  Very Happy

It's not easy!

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I did the course a couple of years a go and thought that it was a total waste of an afternoon. Two Scousers ran the course at Leyland and thought that they were a comic double act. I learned absolutely nothing from it- no bollocking, no pictures of accidents, and certainly no trip out with an advanced motorist. Spent about two hours identifying road signs.
It cost me £60 but saved the points.
However- when I renewed my insurance they asked me if I'd ever done the course as they considered it as a 'conviction' for insurance purposes. In other words it might NOT save the hike in your insurance premium. But, as for the course itself it was totally and utterly a waste of time

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This may be of interest to any Nutters who have a tendency to be clog happy.

Following the Freedom of Information Act you can now get access to ALL speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1mph over the set limit, it is registered and put on a database. You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit I didn't know) if you receive over 10 near misses. You will then be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket

the next time you go just over the limit.

This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30mph limit area, whilst others doing 35mph do not.

You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address:

www.i-database.co.uk

You twat.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Laughing What johnny said. It came up and I thought 'where the fuck is gossmore fodden?'

I fell for it proper because the speed was about right and obviously I've just been done, so it looked kosher.

RT is a knob. Very Happy

I was on the a19 not so long ago but it said i was only doing 82 and that's when i twigged, i was at least doing 90

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

tongue

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The best bit is the picture of Magoo right at the end!  Very Happy

Evil or Very Mad Mad ::seething:: ::rules:: ::mad:: ::seething2:: :cop: :facepalm:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum