Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are armchair fans opinions of the match valid?

+13
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
Norpig
bryan458
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
Keegan
Sluffy
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:I'm not going - too cold and I can't be arsed.

We're going to play shit and lose.

I've already decided.......... :bomb:
shit fan... 

:whistle:

I can't be arsed leaning forward in my armchair and typing a reply to that comment....

#toomuchtrouble

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I gave up away games because I have to pay to get in. While I can still blag free entry to the Macron I'll keep going.

However, I'm still looking forward to wanderlust's in depth report all the way from Norfolk.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I would have had more respect for you nat if you had a valid excuse like 'cant afford it' or 'my vagina has been burned and im going to be bedridden for 9 months' instead of basically saying 'il only go if its free' 

Shit fan.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I'm not going - too cold and I can't be arsed.

Bread is clearly not the 'Captain Oates' of Walkden. Very Happy

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My abs come before football now a days, up too early training in the morning.

Gave my ticket away.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I would have had more respect for you nat if you had a valid excuse like 'cant afford it' or 'my vagina has been burned and im going to be bedridden for 9 months' instead of basically saying 'il only go if its free' 

Shit fan.

You'd rather pay?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I pay to watch my club. yes.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:My abs come before football now a days, up too early training in the morning.

Gave my ticket away.
We kick off at 8pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I pay to watch my club. yes.

The question was "would you prefer to pay?"

If someone offered you a free ticket in their box would you accept?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:My abs come before football now a days, up too early training in the morning.

Gave my ticket away.
We kick off at 8pm
Up at 04:45 am.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

At one time I would have said not a chance. There's no way a fan who isn't at the game could see everything that was going on on the pitch because even watching it live on TV meant your view was too restricted to really know what was happening. 

However today with modern cameras, instant replays from every angle and the rest I'd say a fan watching on TV has more information about what's happening than someone sat in a stand up to 100 yards away from the action if not more. 

However what matters is how the information is used and as a result I would say that the validity of the opinion largely depends on the intelligence of the person offering it whether they were there in person, watched on TV, listened on radio or just followed one of those live text update services you can find dotted around the internet. 

I personally like to go to as many games as I can simply because I enjoy the atmosphere of being there but I don't get to them all anymore due to work and family etc and I wouldn't dream of saying that someone who doesn't get to games can't be a fan or have an opinion anymore. Football is simply too expensive a business for the majority of fans to go to every match home and away now. The days when the game was mass entertainment for the working class are gone and I can't see them coming back anytime soon.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:I pay to watch my club. yes.

The question was "would you prefer to pay?"

If someone offered you a free ticket in their box would you accept?
My fathers company has a box. I can generally wangle myself in there now and again. If I do, I always give my ticket to somebody to use to take a mate or their Mrs. 

Truth be told, I prefer being on the terrace anyway, many a time for 'big' games (like local derbies) I decline the offer. 

If BWFC came to me and said "here you go, a free season ticket for you for next season" id take it, obviously, but I wouldn't for example refuse to go to away or cup games or any other game that wasnt included in my 'free' ticket...

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

luckyPeterpiper wrote:At one time I would have said not a chance. There's no way a fan who isn't at the game could see everything that was going on on the pitch because even watching it live on TV meant your view was too restricted to really know what was happening. 

However today with modern cameras, instant replays from every angle and the rest I'd say a fan watching on TV has more information about what's happening than someone sat in a stand up to 100 yards away from the action if not more. 

However what matters is how the information is used and as a result I would say that the validity of the opinion largely depends on the intelligence of the person offering it whether they were there in person, watched on TV, listened on radio or just followed one of those live text update services you can find dotted around the internet. 

I personally like to go to as many games as I can simply because I enjoy the atmosphere of being there but I don't get to them all anymore due to work and family etc and I wouldn't dream of saying that someone who doesn't get to games can't be a fan or have an opinion anymore. Football is simply too expensive a business for the majority of fans to go to every match home and away now. The days when the game was mass entertainment for the working class are gone and I can't see them coming back anytime soon.
Fucking good point this.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:At one time I would have said not a chance. There's no way a fan who isn't at the game could see everything that was going on on the pitch because even watching it live on TV meant your view was too restricted to really know what was happening. 

Fucking good point this.

I agree.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And common sense breaks out.
I'd add that there are plenty of ST holders who have been going to games since the womb who still know f*** all about football so recycle media opinions instead of original thought or observation. They go to shout and be weekend tribesmen. I include some of my mates in that group and even if they talk bollocks they are perfectly entitled to do so.

And I don't think paragraph 3 of LPP's comment should in any way prevent Nat from making further contributions.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:And I don't think paragraph 3 of LPP's comment should in any way prevent Nat from making further contributions.

Actually - and I'm not talking about Natasha (who as far as I'm concerned is very intelligent - I really do) there is more than just being clever - it's about having a feel and understanding of the game.

There is one person in particular I can think of (he doesn't post on here) who absolutely loves to pontificate about the capabilities of players, their mind sets, the thinking of the manager, his motivational qualities (or lack off), his thinking, his tactics, his formations, his inside leg measurement, everything - the lot - but it is quite clear to me that he understand nothing.  He is so wide of the mark, so many times that it is apparent that he's never actually played a game of football in his life.  He simply doesn't understand the game from within.  He doesn't see it as a player - he sees it as a games player, playing on Football Manager on his lap top.  He can see the facts and figuers but he simply doesn't know how to interprit them.  He knows what 4-4-2 is or three at the back with two holding midfielders is - but he's clearly never played in any sort of formation, otherwise he wouldn't spout the unknowing bullshit he does - all the time!

As Oscar Wilde once said - he knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

I don't know why he does it - maybe he wants to sound clever on the internet - he clearly is an inteligent person - but my God, he really knows nothing about football other than what he plays on his computer.

As I'm often told - it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt!

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Worrabout a bloke, or blokess, sittin in front of a BFO TV in HD? Surely he can make some valid input as to how the game goes/will go/went, even if he is in Norfolk, though WTF anyone wants to go to Norfolk is anyones' guess.

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:And I don't think paragraph 3 of LPP's comment should in any way prevent Nat from making further contributions.

Actually - and I'm not talking about Natasha (who as far as I'm concerned is very intelligent - I really do) there is more than just being clever - it's about having a feel and understanding of the game.

There is one person in particular I can think of (he doesn't post on here) who absolutely loves to pontificate about the capabilities of players, their mind sets, the thinking of the manager, his motivational qualities (or lack off), his thinking, his tactics, his formations, his inside leg measurement, everything - the lot - but it is quite clear to me that he understand nothing.  He is so wide of the mark, so many times that it is apparent that he's never actually played a game of football in his life.  He simply doesn't understand the game from within.  He doesn't see it as a player - he sees it as a games player, playing on Football Manager on his lap top.  He can see the facts and figuers but he simply doesn't know how to interprit them.  He knows what 4-4-2 is or three at the back with two holding midfielders is - but he's clearly never played in any sort of formation, otherwise he wouldn't spout the unknowing bullshit he does - all the time!

As Oscar Wilde once said - he knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

I don't know why he does it - maybe he wants to sound clever on the internet - he clearly is an inteligent person - but my God, he really knows nothing about football other than what he plays on his computer.

As I'm often told - it's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt!

If he doesn't post on here why don't you say who it is?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum