Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap?

+7
Bwfc1958
Chairmanda
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
Copper Dragon
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Empty Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Thu Mar 12 2015, 12:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

UKIP leader Nigel Farage says his party would scrap many laws designed to prevent racial discrimination in the workplace. In other words, if you have two candidates that are very similar it would be fine to say "I'll take the English bloke over the Polish bloke simply because he's English".

Isn't this just common sense? Surely if you're in England you should have an advantage over a foreigner even if your credentials are identical.

Of course the world has gone mad branding Nigel a racist, but this isn't about race, it's about nationality and shouldn't an Englishman in his own country have a better crack at jobs?

Nope.

He's spouting utter shite as per usual.

End of discussion.

Farage thinks this because apparently racism doesn't exist anymore. 

It's nothing to do with him 'cutting through the crap' he's just so out of touch with reality he doesn't think race laws are necessary anymore.

He said that while concern over preventing racial discrimination in employment "would probably have been valid" 40 years ago, it is not today.
"If I talked to my children... about the question of race, they wouldn't know what I was talking about," he was reported to say.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't believe anyone can take the man seriously.
A pillock of the first order.
Other opinions are available of course.
Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Tumblr_n4takpNw9c1s78t6lo1_400

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What is a 'race law'?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This kind of thing will resonate with his core voters, he needs to something with UKIP losing points in almost every poll.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

you wouldn't get our Jeremy Kyle scrounging underclass applying for the same jobs as the Poles anyway as they would class it as beneath them and not worth giving up their benefits for. If it wasn't for immigrants then all the shiity low paid jobs wouldn't get done and then where would we be?
And for the record Poles are very hardworking in my experience.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:you wouldn't get our Jeremy Kyle scrounging underclass applying for the same jobs as the Poles anyway as they would class it as beneath them and not worth giving up their benefits for. If it wasn't for immigrants then all the shiity low paid jobs wouldn't get done and then where would we be?
And for the record Poles are very hardworking in my experience.

That isn't the point at all, Poles were just used as an example.

I employ staff. I choose the best person for the job regardless of race, religion or football team. But if I can't decide between two candidates and one isn't English, the English person would get the job.

That's not discrimination, it's simply common sense.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

ok so Polish workers is my own opinion but my point about the scrounging underclass will not work whatever happens still stands.  This country wouldn't survive without immigrants coming in and doing the low skilled and low paid jobs. Who does Nigel thinks is going to do it?

10Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Empty Re: Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Thu Mar 12 2015, 13:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:ok so Polish workers is my own opinion but my point about the scrounging underclass will not work whatever happens still stands.  This country wouldn't survive without immigrants coming in and doing the low skilled and low paid jobs. Who does Nigel thinks is going to do it?

That's just a myth. I haven't met a single foreign person this month. My binmen are British, my (window) gardener is British, my maid is British and so is my driver.

11Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Empty Re: Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Thu Mar 12 2015, 13:33

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

My local pub, my ward, so proud
boltonbonce wrote:Can't believe anyone can take the man seriously.
A pillock of the first order.
Other opinions are available of course.
Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Tumblr_n4takpNw9c1s78t6lo1_400

12Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Empty Re: Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Thu Mar 12 2015, 13:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:ok so Polish workers is my own opinion but my point about the scrounging underclass will not work whatever happens still stands.  This country wouldn't survive without immigrants coming in and doing the low skilled and low paid jobs. Who does Nigel thinks is going to do it?

That's just a myth. I haven't met a single foreign person this month. My binmen are British, my (window) gardener is British, my maid is British and so is my driver.

sorry i forgot you are actually Lady Penelope Very Happy

13Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Empty Re: Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Thu Mar 12 2015, 13:48

Natasha Whittam wrote:That isn't the point at all, Poles were just used as an example.

I employ staff. I choose the best person for the job regardless of race, religion or football team. But if I can't decide between two candidates and one isn't English, the English person would get the job.

The point of anti-discrimination laws isn't to avoid hiring English people.

The clue is in the title.

14Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Empty Re: Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Thu Mar 12 2015, 13:51

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Actually, discrimination is exactly what it is in the eyes of the law.

You could only legally pull that stunt if English people were under-represented in your labour force and it became deemed that being English was suddenly "a protected characteristic" in your place of business.

Clearly, the certificate you received for being Preston Business Woman of The Year isn't worth the paper it's printed (or more likely photocopied) on.

Next!

15Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Empty Re: Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Thu Mar 12 2015, 13:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

The point of anti-discrimination laws isn't to avoid hiring English people.

It sometimes feels like it.

The whole race saga has become a PC monster. Unless you have a gay Asian transvestite on your board of directors you're branded a bigot.

16Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Empty Re: Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Thu Mar 12 2015, 13:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

Actually, discrimination is exactly what it is in the eyes of the law.

You could only legally pull that stunt if English people were under-represented in your labour force and it became deemed that being English was suddenly "a protected characteristic" in your place of business.

Clearly, the certificate you received for being Preston Business Woman of The Year isn't worth the paper it's printed (or more likely photocopied) on.

Next!

As you spend your days in cheap hotels masturbating to photos of Julian Assange I'm guessing your knowledge of recruitment is somewhat limited.

If I want to choose an English person over a foreign person I have to make up some bullshit about why I did it. Shouldn't I be allowed to choose who the fook I want to represent my business? If I dislike Bolton fans from Aberdeen I should be able to stop them working for me.

17Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Empty Re: Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Thu Mar 12 2015, 16:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Littlewood, director general of the Institute of Economic Affairs, says he doesn't find the proposition that a British business should have the ability to discriminate in favour of British workers a difficult one.

He says as British society becomes "a more civilised, less sexist, less racist country, we do need a conversation about how necessary some of the legislation we have in place is".

He adds he doesn't believe it is the law that has changed attitudes on sexual relations and race but rather that society has become "much more cosmopolitan". He says racism in the jobs market "is considerably less of a problem than it once was. I'm not saying there is no racism or sexism but the trajectory in which it is going is the right one".

"We need to have a sensible policy debate… and I'm grateful to Nigel Farage for opening up that debate," he says.

At last some common sense. The reaction on here is mirrored across the UK, the world has gone PC mad.

18Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Empty Re: Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Thu Mar 12 2015, 16:35

Where's the evidence the UK is less sexist / racist?

Everything I've read is to the contrary.

19Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Empty Re: Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Thu Mar 12 2015, 17:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Everything I've read is to the contrary.

You can't experience life by reading about it. You need to get out more.

20Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Empty Re: Is Nigel Cutting Through The Crap? Thu Mar 12 2015, 17:12

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Everything I've read is to the contrary.

You can't experience life by reading about it. You need to get out more.

Don't be silly, if we started basing UK policy on my personal experiences the likes of you and Soul Kitchen would be in serious trouble.

Better off leaving it to the professionals I reckon.

Here's some evidence that we need anti-discrimination laws -

The UK has fallen from the top 20 in the global rankings for gender equality, a study by the World Economic Forum (WEF) shows. Commentators attribute the fall to low levels of female economic participation.
In the annual Global Gender Gap report released on October 28, the UK was reported to have fallen 8 places in the rankings from 18 to 26, its lowest score since 2008. The UK was beaten in the rankings by middle income and developing countries such as Rwanda and the Philippines.
While the study showed that some aspects of gender equality, such as enrolment in education, had improved, the UK failed to secure a place in the top four of any of the measurable categories: health, education, politics and the economy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum