Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

In goal next season

+8
Bolton Nuts
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
Keegan
Jake McHale
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
observer
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21In goal next season - Page 2 Empty Re: In goal next season Mon Mar 16 2015, 13:48

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just how good is Ben Amos? He was highly rated a couple of years back by United but he hasn't made the breakthrough and has spent a lot of time out on loan in lower leagues than ours. Is he the long term answer.. I'm not convinced

22In goal next season - Page 2 Empty Re: In goal next season Mon Mar 16 2015, 15:32

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think Neil is doing his best to sign him at the possible expense of Bogdan. Rumour has it that Boggers is off this summer when his contract expires and i wouldn't be surprised to see him in Germany somewhere. Amos/Lonners in goal next season.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

23In goal next season - Page 2 Empty Re: In goal next season Mon Mar 16 2015, 15:44

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Basically we are sitting with 3 out of contract keepers.  What can Bogdan command after sitting out for a year?  I expect he will find out.  Lonergan has saved our skin this season and would be a logical choice to bring back... but what could he go for somewhere else?  Amos is the youngest and has certainly been reliable these past two months. Does he like Neil Lennon and will he want to spend 3 years at Bolton or does he take a number three position in the EPL?  Usually it comes down to money and unfortunately that might mean we don't have any of the three next season.  If you ask me, Amos and Lonergan would be a good pair for us if the price was right.  But then again, any two of the three would be fine... though I would go for youth.

24In goal next season - Page 2 Empty Re: In goal next season Mon Mar 16 2015, 15:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Just how good is Ben Amos? He was highly rated a couple of years back by United but he hasn't made the breakthrough and has spent a lot of time out on loan in lower leagues than ours. Is he the long term answer.. I'm not convinced

in the games i've been to he has looked very solid and on Saturday he dealt really well with 2 one on ones Millwall created. He's far too good to be 4th choice at United and if we can get him i would be very pleased.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum