Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Firearms laws. UK vs US.

+6
Jake McHale
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Would you own a firearm if you could?

Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Vote_lcap31%Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Vote_lcap69%Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Vote_rcap 69% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

41Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:48

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
I have been brought up around firearms. its in my genetic make-up. I make no apologies for this. My family are from the country and all have some form of military service on top of that so I was shooting from a very young age. I was taught to respect them and use them properly. 

People who are brought up around a farming/hunting environment, tend to be exposed to firearms quite a lot, its the easiest way to control certain pests, its the only real way to kill birds and foxes if the truth be told - birds, due to the fact they fly and foxes as they are cunning and clever, bullets are about the only thing a fox cant avoid. 

I admit, I do get a bit of a thrill from making a kill, but its the same thrill I get from hitting any target - static or living.  When I look down the sights of a gun, I see a target, that's how I see things. 

I don't kill indiscriminately, All edible quarry is used as food either by myself or other people. 

If certain people didn't control populations of certain animals, the problems would be apparent for all to see, most people simply don't understand the need though, its not their fault, its the fault of the people who drum the mantra that guns are evil in to them, they are not. they are a very useful tool, a tool that is admittedly fun to use, but a tool nonetheless. 

Is that a good enough reason?

It's the same bullshit argument all killers make.

As if you killing a few rabbits/foxes controls their numbers, you utter bellend.

I'd hunt you down and gut you like a pig but unfortunately all the roads and houses on Buckshaw Village look the same so I'd get lost.
Take it you watched Harry Brown last night too Smile

42Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I watched Harry Brown when it came out. It inspired me.

43Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:53

Natasha Whittam wrote:I watched Harry Brown when it came out. It inspired me.
To become an elderly gentleman?

44Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

No, to rid the Earth of chavvy scrotes.

45Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:56

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

No, to rid the Earth of chavvy scrotes.
Well you doing a grand job well done

Rolling Eyes

46Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 13:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

Rolling Eyes

There isn't a single living chav within 250 yards of Whittam Towers.

47Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:01

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:No that's miles away from a good enough reason. 

I'll accept farmers use of guns to control pests, but you're not a farmer so what's the need? Find another hobby. 

Your mates wife was spot on that animals shouldn't have to worry about being hunted purely because a set of toffs want something to do on the weekend. 

On the wider issue of relaxing gun laws, what's the point? Farmers have enough leeway to control 'pests' so what's the need? 

The point is the exact same as the issue with 'dangerous' dogs. There are plenty who are responsible and know how to handle them properly, but looser laws makes it easier for the few who aren't to get their hands on them and that's where the trouble begins.
Like I said, I've grown up in the country, around farming and hunting. 

Both my dads brothers still run family cattle farms, in fact some of the milk you buy in your local supermarket may contain the same milk. My firearms are kept on one of them in a secure safe in the cellar. My dad is on the board of directors of both of them even though he is essentially a sleeping partner and no longer gets involved in the day to day running of them however, Myself and others, including my dad, do help out from time to time. I know enough about the industry to call myself a 'farmer' and im exposed to the industry as a whole, I just don't take an active role in things. One day, I will own the stake my dad has, so i suppose then you would consider me an actual 'farmer'. 

I don't really work in the industry as the money is not great, I chose not to. Farming is a strange industry - they make a reasonable living and live to a relatively high standard but even very successful farmers usually don't have things like mortgages to pay on their huge houses as they have been in the family for hundreds of years. I wanted to pursue something different so I went to do A-levels and then spent a few years in the service of the crown. 

My mothers mum and dad are also still farmers in Hampshire,  they run a ridiculously successful arable farm there and have more land than you can shake a stick at, some of what they produce again will end up on supermarket shelves in Britain and the EU.  

So, I don't know what else I can do to justify my ownership of firearms to you, but you have to admit, I have more reason than most?

48Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:05

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

Rolling Eyes

There isn't a single living chav within 250 yards of Whittam Towers.
same could be said about narnia

49Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been to Narnia.
Overrated.

50Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:08

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

getting a thrill from killing is worrying IMO, and should probably be evaluated by a medical professional.

That's the bit I picked up on too.

Each to their own, I suppose, and I'm not a tree-hugger, but I honestly can't understand how anyone can derive pleasure from killing anything.

Yeah, I eat meat and that may make me a hypocrite but I think that if I had to kill something to eat it to stay alive, I probably could.

But I'd fucking hate doing it and it would be very hard to do.

51Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:09

boltonbonce wrote:I've been to Narnia.
Overrated.
i reckon it was around the time you tripped balls on acid at a rave or something and you thought there was 350 bruce forsyths in a field

52Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:13

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
I have been brought up around firearms. its in my genetic make-up. I make no apologies for this. My family are from the country and all have some form of military service on top of that so I was shooting from a very young age. I was taught to respect them and use them properly. 

People who are brought up around a farming/hunting environment, tend to be exposed to firearms quite a lot, its the easiest way to control certain pests, its the only real way to kill birds and foxes if the truth be told - birds, due to the fact they fly and foxes as they are cunning and clever, bullets are about the only thing a fox cant avoid. 

I admit, I do get a bit of a thrill from making a kill, but its the same thrill I get from hitting any target - static or living.  When I look down the sights of a gun, I see a target, that's how I see things. 

I don't kill indiscriminately, All edible quarry is used as food either by myself or other people. 

If certain people didn't control populations of certain animals, the problems would be apparent for all to see, most people simply don't understand the need though, its not their fault, its the fault of the people who drum the mantra that guns are evil in to them, they are not. they are a very useful tool, a tool that is admittedly fun to use, but a tool nonetheless. 

Is that a good enough reason?

It's the same bullshit argument all killers make.

As if you killing a few rabbits/foxes controls their numbers, you utter bellend.

I'd hunt you down and gut you like a pig but unfortunately all the roads and houses on Buckshaw Village look the same so I'd get lost.
Correct: Me killing a few foxes/rabbits/wood pigeon/crows etc does not make much of a dent in the population however, a few thousand guns, all doing the same thing across the UK DOES make a difference. If we all stopped, doing it, pest/vermin populations would rise to silly levels and cause problems we would all see - even you sat in your council bedist  Mansion.

53Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:15

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

getting a thrill from killing is worrying IMO, and should probably be evaluated by a medical professional.

That's the bit I picked up on too.

Each to their own, I suppose, and I'm not a tree-hugger, but I honestly can't understand how anyone can derive pleasure from killing anything.

Yeah, I eat meat and that may make me a hypocrite but I think that if I had to kill something to eat it to stay alive, I probably could.

But I'd fucking hate doing it and it would be very hard to do.
I do understand what you mean, and I agree to a point. 

But myself, I see no difference in letting somebody else kill dinner or doing it myself. 

Maybe its a question of upbringing/environment I'm unsure.

54Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Correct: Me killing a few foxes/rabbits/wood pigeon/crows etc does not make much of a dent in the population however, a few thousand guns, all doing the same thing across the UK DOES make a difference. If we all stopped, doing it, pest/vermin populations would rise to silly levels and cause problems we would all see - even you sat in your council bedist  Mansion.

My folks live in the country, in fact their back garden backs onto a farmyard. I've never once heard the sound of gunshots and neither have they.

And trust me, they aren't being molested by plagues of rabbits.

55Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Maybe its a question of upbringing

I think we all agree your parents failed big time.

56Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:17

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Maybe its a question of upbringing

I think we all agree your parents failed big time.

you're harsh today

57Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
you're harsh today

You won't think it's harsh when you wake up one morning to find Rebel has killed half of Buckshaw Village.

58Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:20

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
you're harsh today

You won't think it's harsh when you wake up one morning to find Rebel has killed half of Buckshaw Village.
you have threatened to kill more people than that just today on here!

59Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

Not with a gun though.

60Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:28

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

Not with a gun though.
Fair enough Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum