Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Firearms laws. UK vs US.

+6
Jake McHale
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Would you own a firearm if you could?

Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Vote_lcap31%Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Vote_lcap69%Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Vote_rcap 69% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

61Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:32

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

y2johnny wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Ta lads, I'll look forward to watching it.
it's one of those where there isn't that much dialogue really either.  One of the things that was bugging me, one of the characters was called Len, and i know he had been in something before.  I hate using IMDB and try and rack my brain before resorting to it but i just couldn't place where i knew him from.  Anyway, if you watch it boncey see if you recognise him.  i bet JM did
Dave Bradley y2 just about been in everything was in Hot Fuzz and played the victim again as alway's in midsumer as a loner living in the woods with a fox for a friend ,one of those actors you like to watch, also in Broadchurch as a victim can be a scary fucker as well!!! want a wierdo call dave Very Happy Did you like Get Carter ?

62Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:34

Jake McHale wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Ta lads, I'll look forward to watching it.
it's one of those where there isn't that much dialogue really either.  One of the things that was bugging me, one of the characters was called Len, and i know he had been in something before.  I hate using IMDB and try and rack my brain before resorting to it but i just couldn't place where i knew him from.  Anyway, if you watch it boncey see if you recognise him.  i bet JM did
Dave Bradley y2 just about been in everything was in Hot Fuzz and played the victim again as alway's in midsumer as a loner living in the woods with a fox for a friend ,one of those actors you like to watch, also in Broadchurch as a victim can be a scary fucker as well!!! want a wierdo call dave Very Happy Did you like Get Carter ?
yeah loved it, obviously not the stallone remake

he was also the weird caretaker in harry potter as well.  the one with the cat Smile

63Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:38

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Maybe its a question of upbringing

I think we all agree your parents failed big time.

I think ive turned out pretty well. 

I'm on my second home, I run a property business part time, Mrs rebel takes that on as a full time job now. 

I work for one of the biggest IT companies in the world. 

I have 2 children, one is a baby still so cant comment on him yet, but my eldest is nearly 4 and is a great, well mannered kid with a range of interests, and before you mention it, I have plinked some targets with him using a VERY low powered air rifle a few times, he is very fit and healthy, eats all his vegetables and goes to bed when he is told to. 

I would imagine, ive turned out the way your father would have wanted you to turn out. 

When you say your family live in the country, do you mean the ACTUAL country or 'near' to it? Such as on the back of green belt land? Also, if they are proper country people, they would probably agree with everything I say. What I think you mean is, 'my parents live in the country because they can afford it but know nothing about what is going on around them" 

There is a difference, they are known as 'townies'  Laughing

64Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is this thread about guns or are we posting our CV's? 

being brought up around guns is one thing, getting a cheap thrill seeing the life stuffed out of a defenceless living creature (vermin or not) is quite another. 

65Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:41

Townies was the in word for chavs, or scallies before that, in the mid 90's!  trackies tucked in socks etc.

66Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I'm on my second home, I run a property business part time, Mrs rebel takes that on as a full time job now. 

I have 2 children, one is a baby still so cant comment on him yet, but my eldest is nearly 4 and is a great, well mannered kid with a range of interests, and before you mention it, I have plinked some targets with him using a VERY low powered air rifle a few times, he is very fit and healthy, eats all his vegetables and goes to bed when he is told to. 

I would imagine, ive turned out the way your father would have wanted you to turn out. 

Rebel,you sound a bit like Hyacinth Bucket. Very Happy

67Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:44

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Il let you have that actually, In hindsight, it does sound a bit 'buckety'...

68Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Townies was the in word for chavs, or scallies before that, in the mid 90's!  trackies tucked in socks etc.

Yep, It was townies and greebos (for alternative people) in the late 90's.

69Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:46

boltonbonce wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Rebel,you sound a bit like a twat. Very Happy
i'm bonceys new translator

70Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Il let you have that actually, In hindsight, it does sound a bit 'buckety'...
Very Happy Very Happy

71Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:47

Rebel, you can't call your Doomsday Prepper bunker where you keep all your weapons and tinned food supplies a "second home" really, can you?

It's basically just a shed in your back garden with tin foil lining for the walls to block out the CIA's listening devices.

Last edited by Breadman on Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:47; edited 1 time in total

72Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:47

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I hate people who kill animals for fun, i was working with this local hardcase on a building site once and we were eating our lunch sitting on a wall and this pidgeon came limping along it was scorching and the poor fucker was obviously thirsty so this cunt threw a heavy tool at it and killed it. Now i was good mates with him but i pulled him backwards over the wall a drop of about 7 ft got up quick and kicked the fuck out of him he was off work for days it was a life ffs and he should have respected that.

73Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote: 

All due to one fucking nut-job in Scotland getting angry and shooting up a school, even responsible owners had to surrender them. Do you think the criminal gangs moved on to long rifles instead or simply kept their guns? The problem is not responsible gun owners, but criminals and until the police realise this instead of tarring everybody with the same brush and go after the harder targets (instead of the easier, law abiding ones) nothing will change. 

The police never had a problem with responsible law abiding gun owners but both Michael Ryan and Thomas Hamilton had firearms certificates. It was a knee jerk reaction by the government which caused the stringent regulations to be implemented.

74Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:52

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Is this thread about guns or are we posting our CV's? 

being brought up around guns is one thing, getting a cheap thrill seeing the life stuffed out of a defenceless living creature (vermin or not) is quite another. 
Just telling Nat some facts hipster. 

I've explained before, I get no thrill from watching anything suffer, I go to great lengths as well to prevent this happening. Truth be told, most don't even know its happened. shooting is the fastest and most humane way of killing ANY animal - fact. 

In fact, Id go as far to say the drugs that vets use to put down animals, causes them more suffering than just shooting them, in fact ive discussed this with a vet once and he agreed, that is why racehorses are shot instead of injected still to this day - the bigger the animal, the more resilience to the drugs it has. Shooting is instant and painless. 

It may actually surprise you that I was always against foxhunting, not shooting them, but actual foxhunting - you know, the one where they chase a fox across fields on horses with beagles and then watch the dogs rip the fox apart. Many farmers and landowners are too. I dont agree with any animal, pest or not - suffering a long and painful death, i understand its not the fox's fault its a fox.

75Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:54

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Rebel, you can't call your Doomsday Prepper bunker where you keep all your weapons and tinned food supplies a "second home" really, can you?

It's basically just a shed in your back garden with tin foil lining for the walls to block out the CIA's listening devices.
The CIA have moved on from that now, mind reading is what they are in to at the min. 

I wear one of these now at all times, just in case they tune in to my thoughts... 

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EYB2A6RBL._SX300_.jpg

76Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 14:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

When you say your family live in the country, do you mean the ACTUAL country or 'near' to it? Such as on the back of green belt land? Also, if they are proper country people, they would probably agree with everything I say. What I think you mean is, 'my parents live in the country because they can afford it but know nothing about what is going on around them" 

Rebel, the fact that you judge "turning out well" by how many houses you have says a lot about you.

77Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 15:10

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

78Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 15:11

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Rebel, the fact that you judge "turning out well" by how many houses you have says a lot about you.
Its fair to assume you measure success in the same way? 

As a former PBWOTY, I would envisage you would measure your 'success'  in the terms of your company turnover, profit, your salary/dividend and the amount of possessions your corporate ability has provided you with? 

Oh... just to clarify, when I said 'second home' i meant I own my second home - as in sold the first one and got another, I dont 'own' 2 houses.

79Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 15:12

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Copper Dragon wrote:
Irresponsible wankers. 
Even I see that is ridiculous.

80Firearms laws. UK vs US.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Firearms laws. UK vs US. Thu Mar 26 2015, 15:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Is this thread about guns or are we posting our CV's? 

Just telling Nat some facts hipster. 

I've explained before, I get no thrill from watching anything suffer, I go to great lengths as well to prevent this happening. Truth be told, most don't even know its happened. shooting is the fastest and most humane way of killing ANY animal - fact. 

In fact, Id go as far to say the drugs that vets use to put down animals, causes them more suffering than just shooting them, in fact ive discussed this with a vet once and he agreed, that is why racehorses are shot instead of injected still to this day - the bigger the animal, the more resilience to the drugs it has. Shooting is instant and painless. 

It may actually surprise you that I was always against foxhunting, not shooting them, but actual foxhunting - you know, the one where they chase a fox across fields on horses with beagles and then watch the dogs rip the fox apart. Many farmers and landowners are too. I dont agree with any animal, pest or not - suffering a long and painful death, i understand its not the fox's fault its a fox.

There's no suffering involved in putting an animal to sleep (barring some mistake)

though I suspect being shot is kills you just as well.

not exactly a humane way to put an animal down by blowing it's brains out though is it.

"Ok Mrs Miller, would you like to keep the brain matter of scrappy for your mantlepiece?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum