Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tory Economy claims Just don't stand up!!

+6
wanderlust
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
wessy
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ok everyone knows that Labour are strong on the NHS whilst the Tories are strong on the economy blah blah? They perpetuate the myth that they are running the economy well.

First of all you need to understand the difference between Deficit and National debt.

The Deficit is an annual calculation, are you spending more each year than you are getting in. So like your annual budget.
The Debt is how much the country owes.(like your overdraft)

The Tories only want to talk about the deficit, Osborne pledged to remove the deficit in one parliament, he missed every target and as we stand today he as halved the deficit. :clap:
So in our terms he as reduced the loss by half, think in terms of the Wanderers our deficit last year 50 Million this year 9 Million well done Gartside / Osbourne.?

However the Debt again think Wanderers went up from 163m to 171m

This Coalition inherited a national debt of 0.76 Trillion.
The debt today is 1.36 Trillion.(fact)  A Huge increase of 0.60 trillion pounds.

So to half the deficit by inflicting austerity for 5 YEARS on the least able to bear it, HE BORROWED 0.60 TRILLION POUNDS. Evil or Very Mad

If that was your budget would you think you were fit to run the economy?

It suits Cameron to have you believe that Labour cannot be trusted, under Brown like him or not he presided over the longest ever period of growth this country as ever seen.

Not my views, these can be looked up. at the same time whilst the average household are approx £1600 Pa worse off, the people on 50 million are approx 1 million better off. These are the people signing a letter saying that the economy is best left in Osborne's hands, no bloody wonder they are living off our backs.

Last edited by wessy on Sun Apr 05 2015, 17:21; edited 1 time in total

Is it not an increase of 0.6 trillion based on your sums not 60 trillion

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wessy - if Labour had won the last election do you think we'd all be driving Bentley's and sitting in a private box at BWFC?

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

sorted Johnny missed the decimal out, usual shite from you Nat

No but kids wouldn't need to be clothed and  fed by teachers in 2015?

But don't let the facts get in the way. Yours is the worst kind of arrogance trying so hard to be glib and funny yet achieving neither, by thinking that a Bentley matters whilst people cant afford to bloody eat.

Last edited by wessy on Sun Apr 05 2015, 17:26; edited 1 time in total

wessy wrote:sorted Johnny missed the decimal out, usual shite from you Nat

No worries wessy. I was checking to see if my brain was working more than anything Smile

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You tell 'em Wessy.

Tory Economy claims Just don't stand up!! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbd9LDxPuodH2Md9IYeJ4Z-Hj9KP87DdSg9BQdhFuwxiZEHVYY

boltonbonce wrote:You tell 'em Wessy.

Tory Economy claims Just don't stand up!! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbd9LDxPuodH2Md9IYeJ4Z-Hj9KP87DdSg9BQdhFuwxiZEHVYY

Sluffy, bonce, biggie, wessy and glos on a jolly boys outing

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chick magnets to a man. Very Happy

boltonbonce wrote:Chick magnets to a man. Very Happy

Smile

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Again, Labour will rejoicing that people are happy to overlook their bankrupting of the country and blame everything on the tories.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:

But don't let the facts get in the way. Yours is the worst kind of arrogance trying so hard to be glib and funny yet achieving neither, by thinking that a Bentley matters whilst people cant afford to bloody eat.

Funny how today is the first time anyone has mentioned this teachers clothing kids bullshit.

I was making a point with the Bentley thing, you clearly think everything would be hunky-dory had we let Labour continue with their spending and invading.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Again, Labour will rejoicing that people are happy to overlook their bankrupting of the country and blame everything on the tories.
Explain? currently The Tories are constantly blaming Labour. I wasn't blaming the Tories just saying it wasn't a Labour problem.

If Labour Bankrupt the country why was America effected?. If it was Labours plans with the bankers why did Cameron want to take it further than Labour? Explain?

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wessy wrote:

Funny how today is the first time anyone has mentioned this teachers clothing kids bullshit.

I was making a point with the Bentley thing, you clearly think everything would be hunky-dory had we let Labour continue with their spending and invading.
So anything against the government is bullshit, These are Teachers saying this, funny that your sister is amongst them. probably the only one who doesn't offer food and clothes. No everything would not be hunky dory, however things would be fairer. No hitting the most helpless with a stick why is this so hard to grasp. past performance tells you Labour NHS, Minimum wage, workers rights.
Conservatives: Poll Tax, Bedroom tax, IDS (enough said) reduction of workers rights, its a stark choice.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:
So anything against the government is bullshit, These are Teachers saying this, funny that your sister is amongst them. probably the only one who doesn't offer food and clothes. No everything would not be hunky dory, however things would be fairer. No hitting the most helpless with a stick why is this so hard to grasp. past performance tells you Labour NHS, Minimum wage, workers rights.
Conservatives: Poll Tax, Bedroom tax, IDS (enough said) reduction of workers rights, its a stark choice.

I can only give my opinion based on my own experiences.

I run a small business, we are much better off under Tory rule as are my employees. Admittedly none of them are on, or anywhere near, minimum wage.

Reduction of workers rights? Are you taking the piss? Never have workers had it so good. One of my staff could punch me in the face, steel my car, and shit on my front garden and it would still be difficult to sack the buggers.

Poll tax? That went out long before the current government came in. Council Tax isn't perfect but I've not heard a better idea.

Bedroom tax was well meaning - i.e. there were a lot of people in large houses they didn't need, but I accept there have been issues particularly involving the disabled.

Nothing is perfect, but a Labour government will hit the middle and upper classes so why should I vote for them?

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

At last something  to admire  Nat. 
You accept that Business people are better off, nothing wrong with that if voting Tory makes YOU better off then that's your choice. You unbelievably admit that non of your staff are on minimum wage (probably a wind up) bit aren't you breaking the law.

Don't give me they wouldn't have a job crap, if your better off then you are making profit, and your staff should be rewarded.
Trust me workers have had it much better than this. rights have been undermined for a long while.

Bedroom tax was a good idea, IF it was done for the reason you say, but that was never the reason the reason was to tax people for having an extra bedroom(reduce benefits), not to sort out the problem, so disingenuous at best. The Poll tax point was purely that it was the Conservatives who thought it was a good idea.

I have no  problem with Tories voting Tory, just don't denigrate people who have the opposite view. I am not a business person i have a decent income and a good standard of living, but the bigger picture tells me lots of others aren't so fortunate, so i vote to help others not just myself.
Nice to have a sensible conversation.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:At last something  to admire  Nat. 
You accept that Business people are better off, nothing wrong with that if voting Tory makes YOU better off then that's your choice. You unbelievably admit that non of your staff are on minimum wage (probably a wind up) bit aren't you breaking the law.

Don't give me they wouldn't have a job crap, if your better off then you are making profit, and your staff should be rewarded.
Trust me workers have had it much better than this. rights have been undermined for a long while.

Bedroom tax was a good idea, IF it was done for the reason you say, but that was never the reason the reason was to tax people for having an extra bedroom(reduce benefits), not to sort out the problem, so disingenuous at best. The Poll tax point was purely that it was the Conservatives who thought it was a good idea.

I have no  problem with Tories voting Tory, just don't denigrate people who have the opposite view. I am not a business person i have a decent income and a good standard of living, but the bigger picture tells me lots of others aren't so fortunate, so i vote to help others not just myself.

Firstly, I meant my staff are paid well above the minimum wage. Happy staff will work much harder and longer.

Of course I'm going to vote for the party that makes me better off or happier - I don't believe anyone goes into that booth and votes for a party that would make them worse off or unhappy - even if it improves the lives of the majority.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Again, Labour will rejoicing that people are happy to overlook their bankrupting of the country and blame everything on the tories.
Explain? currently The Tories are constantly blaming Labour. I wasn't blaming the Tories just saying it wasn't a Labour problem.

If Labour Bankrupt the country why was America effected?. If it was Labours plans with the bankers why did Cameron want to take it further than Labour? Explain?

I couldn't care less what happened in America though they allowed banks to deal in the same stupidity as our idiotic government who oversaw a run on a bank. 

Cameron was obviously as clueless as brown when it came to economic stability but now he's in government clearly he's realised that wasn't sustainable unlike Labour who just want to do the same things over and over again, even letting a clown like Ed Balls run the economy. 

And if you think the problems we've got now are nothing to do with Labour, no offence but you're being wilfully ignorant. 

The tories have fucked up no end of things but the economy is floundering because of Labours reign, the tories have done well to have it where it is.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
wessy wrote:

I couldn't care less what happened in America though they allowed banks to deal in the same stupidity as our idiotic government who oversaw a run on a bank. 

Cameron was obviously as clueless as brown when it came to economic stability but now he's in government clearly he's realised that wasn't sustainable unlike Labour who just want to do the same things over and over again, even letting a clown like Ed Balls run the economy. 

And if you think the problems we've got now are nothing to do with Labour, no offence but you're being wilfully ignorant. 

The tories have fucked up no end of things but the economy is floundering because of Labours reign, the tories have done well to have it where it is.
The fact that you don't give a dam about the US just means you don't give a dam, not that it was actually a global problem, So Dave saw it, did a U turn but no one else would have made adjustments.

Labour have admitted that mistakes were made(bank regulation), but at what point does the blame lie on the current government 5 years, 10 years. they have dined out on a myth for 5 years, so time to man up and say from here on in its our responsibility.

Priceless
 " The Tories have done well to have it where it is " FFS how do you explain the debt rising if Dave and George are so good?  Please Explain this.

So  Mrs Hipster reduces your monthly bill by half, you say well done love, then she says i borrowed 5k from the banks to achieve it? your happy.
No offence but your being wilfully ignorant . unreal

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't really get why people get so worked up about politics?

The banking crisis of the last five or six years ago came directly from capitalism (the Conservative views of this world).  Very simply the west balance of trade with the arab oil producing countrys and the massive Chinese economic boom (cheap labour) meant that those countrys had so much money they didn't know what to do with it - so they loaned it back to the west at very low interest rates.

The west then borrowed it which financed a credit boom - and a grater demand for oil and chinese goods - so the money they got for their goods and oil came back again in low interest rates, borrowed and the whole cycle went round and round.

In the end money was lent to anyone and everyone - people who simply either never had the means to pay it back, or never had the intent too - hence defaults started to occur.

To get around that the banks packaged up the bad debts (sub prime deals they were called) and sold them on to other non suspecting banks.

In the end this deceipt (from America in the first place!) became unsustainable, the banking system was on the sdge of collapse and governments had to stand in to keep them afloat and stave off a global financial melt down.

We are still facing the bill for that - hence the future government funding cuts - from whoever gets in power in May.

So Conservatism doesn't work.

The nearest you can get to an ideological Labour world is that where the state runs everything - we had that sort of thing in Russia (and eastern europe) and China under the communism philosophy of 'from each according to their means - to each according to their needs'.

Well we don't have communism any more in those country's - so you can draw your own conclusions about how successful Labour is.

In reality we need a mix of the two - the conservatives to create jobs and wealth and the Labourites (if there is such a word) to care for those who need help.

It depends where you stand on how you perceive workers rights.

If you have always been an employee, the best analagy I can give is to think if it was YOU who had to pay from YOUR wages to make up your colleagues wages, would you be happy to do so when you see them skive, nick from the firm, take sickies, go home easly or start late, have ten months off on 90% wages because they had a child (good for then but WHY are you having to pay for it?).

I've worked both sides of the fence and believe me when your house is resting on getting results, the last thing you are bothered about are people who don't want to work!

Theres no right or wrong answer but getting wound up over someone voting Labour or Conservative is simply pointless - neither are going to help you or hurt you - global trade and the damage it is doing to the environment as a result of it determines that.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wessy wrote:At last something  to admire  Nat. 

Of course I'm going to vote for the party that makes me better off or happier - I don't believe anyone goes into that booth and votes for a party that would make them worse off or unhappy - even if it improves the lives of the majority.

The original point was that the debt has risen substantially under the Tories which infers that in the longer term you would be worse off with a Tory Government, but I'm not sensing that you are convinced.

Perhaps you should add "whatever I think is best for me (and for small businesses like Whittam International) today" to your voting criteria?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum