Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tory Economy claims Just don't stand up!!

+6
wanderlust
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
wessy
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
wessy wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Again, Labour will rejoicing that people are happy to overlook their bankrupting of the country and blame everything on the tories.
Explain? currently The Tories are constantly blaming Labour. I wasn't blaming the Tories just saying it wasn't a Labour problem.

If Labour Bankrupt the country why was America effected?. If it was Labours plans with the bankers why did Cameron want to take it further than Labour? Explain?

I couldn't care less what happened in America though they allowed banks to deal in the same stupidity as our idiotic government who oversaw a run on a bank. 

Cameron was obviously as clueless as brown when it came to economic stability but now he's in government clearly he's realised that wasn't sustainable unlike Labour who just want to do the same things over and over again, even letting a clown like Ed Balls run the economy. 

And if you think the problems we've got now are nothing to do with Labour, no offence but you're being wilfully ignorant. 

The tories have fucked up no end of things but the economy is floundering because of Labours reign, the tories have done well to have it where it is.
The fact that you don't give a dam about the US just means you don't give a dam, not that it was actually a global problem, So Dave saw it, did a U turn but no one else would have made adjustments.

Labour have admitted that mistakes were made(bank regulation), but at what point does the blame lie on the current government 5 years, 10 years. they have dined out on a myth for 5 years, so time to man up and say from here on in its our responsibility.

Priceless
 " The Tories have done well to have it where it is " FFS how do you explain the debt rising if Dave and George are so good?  Please Explain this.

So  Mrs Hipster reduces your monthly bill by half, you say well done love, then she says i borrowed 5k from the banks to achieve it? your happy.
No offence but your being wilfully ignorant . unreal

haha Labour have admitted mistakes! Oh thats ok then! I'll let them have another go while i whittle away my life on a pittance and see if they can do better this time behind their crystal windows. 

And If you think it's a myth Labour fucked up the economy I don't know what to say, gee whiz.

I know it was a global problem I'm saying Labour (and no one else clearly) had any foresight or nous about economics to see the absolute mess they were creating. 

Anyway you obviously think the sun shines out of labours arse and have absolutely no objectivity so it's a pointless discussion, I don't even vote Tory and never will but I can at least admit what they were saddled with was unprecedented

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster lets leave it at that, anyone who starts of a political debate with Ha Ha really is clutching at straws, You just keep repeating what the press tell you and still cannot answer the original point.
as Wanderlust points out how come the debt as risen under Osborne.

Its the reason the debt was unprecedented that i argue about, i have constantly shown objectivity throughout this thread, i have said that i am not against Tory voters etc, i just want someone who believes that it was ALL labours fault (like you) to explain why if Labour was so bad then why is it worse now?
Sluffy gives a great explanation to the problem, you didn't, so you had your chance. In answer to your point Sluffy people get worked up over politics because it effects every aspect of everyone's lives, for that reason it's important, more so 5 weeks before a general election.
 If you believe in something than passions rise, politics is no different to football in that respect it invokes passion. Always as always will.

Still no answer?

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just a further point Sluffy i have worked with people who have done exactly what you point out.

Took a drop in wages, went on 4 days to save a colleague from redundancy, Why because they were all decent guys and a short term hit, became a long term gain. 

If they had been skivers etc then maybe not.? Interesting stuff, I also agree that a mix of the two may work on on things like the NHS, however in reality Labour would loose to much by sharing a political gain, same with the perception that the Tories are good on the economy.

Then you have the real problem that some politicians have a real agenda Ian Duncan Smith for instance just doesn't know were to draw a line, you couldn't work with someone so extreme, Farage for the same reason. but maybe that's why we find ourselves with parties who cannot get an overall majority.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Hipster lets leave it at that, anyone who starts of a political debate with Ha Ha really is clutching at straws, You just keep repeating what the press tell you and still cannot answer the original point.
as Wanderlust points out how come the debt as risen under Osborne.

Its the reason the debt was unprecedented that i argue about, i have constantly shown objectivity throughout this thread, i have said that i am not against Tory voters etc, i just want someone who believes that it was ALL labours fault (like you) to explain why if Labour was so bad then why is it worse now?
Sluffy gives a great explanation to the problem, you didn't, so you had your chance. In answer to your point Sluffy people get worked up over politics because it effects every aspect of everyone's lives, for that reason it's important, more so 5 weeks before a general election.
 If you believe in something than passions rise, politics is no different to football in that respect it invokes passion. Always as always will.

Still no answer?

Yes god forbid someone should laugh during a debate, that absolutely renders everything else meaningless. 

I'm not repeating anything the press tells me, I don't even read a paper so it would pretty difficult, and thanks for giving me a chance to debate with a heavyweight such as yourself who thinks it's a "myth" labour created the economic problems we have, and that it's ok because they "admitted they made mistakes" objectivity indeed. 

Honestly some people would vote Labour even if Milliband walked in and shot their first born. 

It's pretty obvious why you would need to borrow more as a country in a economic crisis with huge unemployment, problems all over the world, wars to partake in, a shitty housing market etc etc.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think your reasons are a bit feeble, but lets let that go and just ask the Tories to be honest about the debt. If that's the reason fine just tell people the debt as risen.
It's a good job i'm no heavyweight otherwise you would really be taken to the cleaners, keep up the cheap jibes that's about your lot. You haven't said much to be honest still at least you try.Oh and it really shows that you don't read much. Ha ha sorry that's your line.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What jibes? You said I'd "had my chance" to debate with you, as if I needed some qualifications.

I never claimed to be well read, intelligent or anything else, I'm giving you my opinion and your disagreeing which you're welcome to do obviously. 

I find it funny that someone would forgive a party for ruining the country, killing our armed forces and completely destabilising the middle east because they've "admitted they've made mistakes." If you think thats sufficient thats fine, I don't, so I said "ha ha" hardly crime of the century.

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

That's Nelson Munce's line ,Ha Ha.

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I agree with everything the nobula say's he is feckin spot on. Its a Tory win on the way.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the tory will get in and ask UKIP to form a firm.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The debt/deficit thing parallels what's happening with BWFC's finances to some extent.

Under Freedman, the annual trading losses were cut by 80% to £9 million but ATEOTD it's still a loss and as a result the debt went up even further (whereas the Tories just borrowed an unprecedented amount to buy votes put off much deeper suffering until someone else has to confront the reality at some future date.
At some point both BWFC and UK plc have to start making a profit in order to pay off the debt.

To make a trading profit we either have to make further cutbacks, increase income or both.

Britain is going to really suffer as a result of this Government but we haven't had the bill yet and when it comes it will make the World Banking crisis that occurred during Labour's tenure feel like a pleasant spring morning.
The irony is that as a nation, we have gone in to more debt than ever before - the very behaviour that caused the World Banking crisis and gave the Tories a stick to beat Labour with. Poetic.

And maybe BWFC will be able to turn around the financial position so we can start to compete again eventually but I can't see it happening for a few years yet unless these "investments" pay off quickly.

Maybe BWFC could take the Tory view that we can borrow our way out of everything - forever? After all, that's what keeps the wheels of capitalism well oiled. Capitalism is like a shark - stop swimming and you die.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

To make a trading profit we either have to make further cutbacks, increase income or both.

Britain is going to really suffer as a result of this Government but we haven't had the bill yet and when it comes it will make the World Banking crisis that occurred during Labour's tenure feel like a pleasant spring morning.
The irony is that as a nation, we have gone in to more debt than ever before - the very behaviour that caused the World Banking crisis and gave the Tories a stick to beat Labour with. Poetic.

Biggest load of bullshit I've read since your last post. Absolute garbage.

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There are a few clear outcomes in all this pre-election stuff: First one is that few people actually change their entrenched views, no matter how strong the arguments: as Simon and Garfunkel said, "All lies and spin (poetic licence here!) 'til the man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."

Only the "don't knows" can be persuaded at this stage, it seems.

Second, the parties' bare-faced deceitfulness and shameless spin is staggering and utterly distasteful. Haven't they learnt that the lies, half-truths, name-calling and abuse is exactly what turns off the electorate and will result in a low turnout or protest voting?

Thirdly, it's what they DON'T say that is the very thing that the "plebs" need to hear! We need to be told exactly HOW they aim to deal with taxes, cut the debt, cut services etc. Without some explanation, how are we supposed to judge who will serve the country best? 

It was no surprise to me that all the females in the 7-way debate spoke in more civil, respectful ways, explaining policies without the nasty undercurrent that is the hallmark of male politicians. Natalie Bennett overcame previous failings in front of the camera in quite a convincing way, I felt.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Biggest load of bullshit I've read since your last post. Absolute garbage.
Says the Queen of Bullshit!!

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Fair play Hipster, we have said what we want to say, not on here really to fall out with anyone we all have opinions i am old enough to accept that, and actually respect the fact that you feel it is important enough to throw your two penneth in, we are unlikely to agree.

i get comfort out of certain posters agreeing with my point of view, and would have been worried to gain support from the UKIP clan, so glad that they think your right (that  should worry you lol), that confirms my argument for me. (Not you Nat you debated fairly ish)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum