Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun)

+17
observer
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
terenceanne
Hip Priest
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
bryan458
scottjames30
Copper Dragon
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
NickFazer
Bollotom2014
MartinBWFC
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 14:59

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Wanderers are in talks with an Irish consortium with a view to a takeover, Chairman Phil Gartside and Manager Neil Lennon have been in talks for 2 weeks, however a deal hinges on owner Eddie Davies throwing in a sweetener by wiping out the clubs debt...

Read into that what you will, but probably Nixon adding 2 plus 2= 5.

2Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Re: Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 15:14

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

And an Israeli bunch as well as the Irish. Could be an interesting week.

3Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Re: Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 15:29

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Why would Lennon be involved in any talks?

4Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Re: Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 15:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon is Irish thats why.

5Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Re: Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 15:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They must have tons of money and also stupid due to the amount of debt we have! Very Happy

6Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Re: Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 15:48

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote: however a deal hinges on owner Eddie Davies throwing in a sweetener by wiping out the clubs debt...

Is that about 175 million tons of Silver Spoon?   Very Happy

7Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Re: Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 15:54

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've heard we will be challenging for the PL in five years time.

8Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Re: Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 16:09

I've given up trying to fathom out what goes on behind the scenes at Bolton.

ie, How much do we really owe and who to, how did we get in this mess, how are we still trading and all that bollocks.

Fuck knows and I don't think we ever will because of all the smoke and mirrors.

All I do know is that the club has haemorrhaged money in recent years to the point where we now can't afford to buy players, so something drastic needs to change.

And if that means someone new coming in and taking over the running of the club, so be it.

For what it's worth, I still think that "someone in a position of authority at Bolton" (no names, no pack drill) has made an absolute killing out of the club over the last few years and we've paid the price on the pitch.

But I don't think they'll ever be held to account for it because the club will be sold and they will disappear quietly into the ether and avoid the kind of scrutiny that they probably deserve.

9Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Re: Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 16:16

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

There must be something in this coz McGinley was going on about it on GMR after the game yesterday!!!

10Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Re: Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 16:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Eddie threw in the sweetener of wiping the debt then someone behind the scenes is going to go bust surely!

£170 million or whatever it is now is a hell of a lot of money!

With all the talk of buyers looking at our club makes me feel that we really are in dire straights more than people think on here!

11Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Re: Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 16:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

With all the talk of buyers looking at our club makes me feel that we really are in dire straights more than people think on here!

When people want to buy your company it's usually because it has potential.

If Eddie wipes out the debts then someone gets a club in fantastic shape, apart from Liam Trotter of course.

12Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Re: Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 16:58

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope the club chooses a new owner wisely.

13Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Re: Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 17:09

Boggersbelief wrote:I hope the club chooses a new owner wisely.

Well, seeing as they're Irish and bearing in mind how little I trust Gartside, I reckon we'll be the subject of a Channel 4 documentary soon -

My Big Fat Gypsy Football Club.

"Hello dare. We've come to boy da footbahl club, sur."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

14Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Re: Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 17:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

15Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Re: Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 17:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could it be Bono who is behind the takeover?

16Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Re: Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 18:02

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Could it be Bono who is behind the takeover?
Ders more to Oirland dan dat.

17Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Re: Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 18:03

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's Niall Quinn and a few of his mates.

18Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Re: Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 18:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's Louis Walsh and westlife

19Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Re: Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 18:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Marc Iles tweets -

19 hours ago - Strong, if unconfirmed, rumours of talks with Irish and Israeli investors at #bwfc this week. Interesting. Should add Irish/Israel interest is separate. But treating it with ultra kid gloves at the moment for reasons that may soon become apparent. Will have to do a bit more digging to assess exactly what it all means. Had lots of tyre-kickers at #bwfc - including the Thai 'investors'.

6 hours ago - From what I'm hearing at #bwfc no need to get over-excited about investment talks. Stories have very much been played down. Up to you to decide whether there's no smoke without fire - certainly a few good sources claiming there have been positive talks. #bwfc.

20Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Empty Re: Nixon reporting(Sunday Sun) Sun Apr 12 2015, 20:49

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

'throwing in a sweetener' Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum