Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should we just open the door and let them all in?

+9
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
Mr Magoo
karlypants
Chairmanda
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tragic ongoing loss of life from migrants trying to get to europe recently.

Of course these people want a better life for themselves - but should we in europe simply be here to give it to them?

I can understand people wanting to flee danger areas but to travel across many country's just to get to europe seems to suggest it just isn't safety they want - particularly when it seems many of them leave their family's behind until they get to the land of providing food, shelter, education, health care, etc, etc for free!

What's the point in fishing them out of the sea and beinging them to europe - why not just open the doors and let them in without the need for them to risk their lives to get here in the first place?

I don't want anyone to die trying to get here but then again I don't see why we should let 'economic' migrants - who remember many have left their wives and children at home, to follow them once they have applied for assylum here in europe - and have entered the country illegally in the first place - have the benefit of what our taxes have paid for.

They haven't put anything in the pot, so why should they be taking out of it?

Why don't they simply stop in Italy if safety is all they want, instead of moving to northern european country's?

What is the answer?

What do you think?

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Handily, my views on BBC1 yesterday, in south west, 42 mins in!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05qhznl

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, no and no and that includes foreign aid as well!

Our country is rammed as it is, there are still problems with people getting jobs regardless of what that twat of a prime minister says.

Theresa May said she would be bringing down the amount of immigration and hasn't done and Cameron promised a referendum and this is why I want one, to stop everyone coming in and freeloading!

The whole Europe bollocks is a complete and utter joke just like the current party in charge!!!

Last edited by karlypants on Mon 20 Apr - 21:23; edited 1 time in total

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apologies, I'm having a right whinge!

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The uk is full shut the door.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda wrote:Handily, my views on BBC1 yesterday, in south west, 42 mins in!

Watched it. Not one mention of Brucie.
I could appear in Bath at any time.

And don't even think about it johnny.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Chairmanda wrote:Handily, my views on BBC1 yesterday, in south west, 42 mins in!

I could appear in a Bath at any time.

Bonce in the bath...

Should we just open the door and let them all in? Funny-bathtub

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is there no privacy? Shocked

KP changed the picture. And that was my best side.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well done Manda - we never saw the tattoo though!

My question though is somewhat different though, as the migrants (east european) featured on the show have a right to enter the country legally.

My question is about those that not only don't have that right, but put their lives at risk to do so illegally and seek assylum for themselves (and once they get it their family's too).

I don't want anyone to be in fear for their lives but many that are entering europe clearly are travelling through other country's to get here - so its obviously europe they want - not simply just safety.

So should we let everybody who turns up in.

PS. I live and work in an area of the country where britons are now in a minority as per the 2011 census.

I can only say that it is a common view (in my experience) that even migrants who have been in this country for even just a handful of years, consider that migration into this area in the last few years as been too great and as put a strain on services such as housing, health and education, whilst at the same time keeping wages low - I even know of people being paid below the minimum wage, whilst their employers declare their earnings to be higher - and pocket the difference.

These people will not say anything for fear of losing their jobs and not being able to find another and / or are illegally working in the first place.

This as a knock on effect of people being on benefits staying on them as they are much better off than working in such low paid jobs.

Also low incomes mean poorer housing and overcrowding.

Society in this area is slowly changing, not necessarily for the better for many - and the main driver for this (imo) is too much immigration into the area, placing too great a demand on basic sevices and keeping down lower paid wages.

Finally...

What tattoo should I get?

Last edited by Sluffy on Mon 20 Apr - 22:33; edited 1 time in total

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spot on Manda. I'm sure it must be difficult to get your point across when the interviewer isn't really interested in what you have to say and would rather try to score points before you have the chance to fully outline your views.
One thing I will say, is that net migration is not responsible for low wages. It's the employers ( profit margins ) who are driving down low wages. If there is a shortage of certain skill sets in a particular area and there is no influx of local applicants then it stands to reason that employers will look elsewhere, like abroad.
I'm currently self employed and I earn £200 a week but I would love to earn £600 a week as is mentioned on the programme. Surely we must have young home grown youngsters who would jump at the chance of earning £600 a week?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I should just mention that I'm the wrong side of 55 and have a very good pension from my previous job which I did for thirty years ( white collar ) which guarantees me a monthly income for life on top of my paltry £200 a week.

karlypants wrote:No, no and no and that includes foreign aid as well!

Our country is rammed as it is, there are still problems with people getting jobs regardless of what that twat of a prime minister says.

Theresa May said she would be bringing down the amount of immigration and hasn't done and Cameron promised a referendum and this is why I want one, to stop everyone coming in and freeloading!

The whole Europe bollocks is a complete and utter joke just like the current party in charge!!!

Prat.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hate it when I have to agree with 1874.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There can be no doubt that foreign workers have plugged the gap in our workforce shortfall. I have no problem with skilled foreigners coming to the UK to make a better life for themselves. As long as they are grafters and pay their dues then they are no different than the thousands of Brits who have left the UK to aim for a better life in Australia, New Zealand or wherever.
It pretty much boils down to simple economics. All counties rely on a vibrant skilled workforce to maintain their economic growth. It's how the World works.
What we don't need in the UK is any more security guards or care workers. Caring has become the new cottage industry and over the last five years I have noticed a massive influx of African carers have arrived on the scene. Many of whom do not have a basic grasp of English, which begs the question, how did they get through the interview?

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Should we just open the door and let them all in? 80889-largeKopie

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Look after our own and shut the door, politicians are in a different world than the working man, they have butlers and nannys, dont have terrible neighbours or cant feed their familys or get à job Just to put food on the table.

The horrible bastards even cut money going into poor familys, they're scum breaking our county to feed their, and their mates pockets, this is why i'm voting UKIP , a vote for UKIP is a vote against the scum that puts us in this Position the two faced politicians need to be fucked off.

I agree with KP, they tell us loads if lies and will do so in the weeks ahead.

Lets get out of Europe and shut the door, Europe will still trade with us , if money makes sense which it will.

Most come to this country because they get à free house, and a shit load of money.

They take the money back off us with the bedroom tax, when the banks fuck up the tax payer pays for them.

I cant wait for UKIP to get in.

So your blaming unemployment in immigrants Scott?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:So your blaming unemployment in immigrants Scott?

I'm saying they'll be more jobs for British people if they closed the door.

Interestingly though, most independent bodies ie the National Institute of Economic and Social Research say there's no correlation.

I think you're naive to fall for the scare tactics of Farage and the right wing media. Unless you have some empirical evidence to back it up that you've held back so far?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum