Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should we just open the door and let them all in?

+9
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
Mr Magoo
karlypants
Chairmanda
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

135 for 5.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just remembered we don't have a cat.
Good effort from England.

Jake McHale

Jake McHale
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Let them all in this country is fucked what with the pc brigade and immigration it can go compleately muslim as no doubt it will because they who rule want it, i'm off to florida soon anyway so i dont give a flying fuck about this shit hole country anymore.

Not much in that pitch for the bowlers, is there?

Like you say, good effort by the lads.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dropped catches haven't helped.

True.

Catches win matches.

And what do points make?

A compass?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I need a compass. I've forgotten which thread I'm on.
Doesn't seem to matter these days.
Think I'll put the cat out and slope off to bed.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:I love it how people run, get angry and change the subject when UKIP are involved.

People are scared of the truth.

Change the record.

People are not scared of the truth.

They are just fed up of the lies that UKIP keep coming out with

And they are proven lies, such as the Aids tourists was made up by Farage as it is nowhere near the figure he mentioned (as even the overall total, including UK HIV sufferers was less than half he mentioned), and that the NHS DOES get the money back!  That's why UKIP has dropped from 19% in the polls to around 11% and still falling with every time he pens his mouth - such as having a go at the "leftie" audience last week, cutting BBC fee, and even calling extreme right-wingers as lefties.  He has no idea of politics or how to win people over!

We DO have control on our borders.

We DO have laws in which the local NHS Trusts decide whether to follow or not, with regards to reclaiming funds for migrants usage!  The question hs to be asked as to why the NHS do not chase it up, unlike all other EU country health services - and when we do it takes over 2 years on average whereas other EU countries it is up to 6 months at most!!!

UK jobs do rely on EU both directly and indirectly - would 16,000 jobs had been created in Spinningfields if EU had not helped with the project?  Definitely not as Westminster is not interested in projects outside the South East - the same has also been said with UKIP - it is South-east centric!

We have more UK citizens in other EU countries then vice versa.  In fact we have more UK citizens on German benefits than EU citizens on benefits in the UK!!!!

Migrants create jobs, we lose migrants means less people for jobs and that means more unemployment!

UK has one of the lowest migrancy records in the whole of the EU (per population) - UK is onot overpopulated and if that was the case then what about Netherlands which (pop/km) has more overcrowding than aany other European country

Both Switzerland and Norway has shown that being "outside" EU and having to trade with EU means that they have to implement ALL of EU directives, with no opt outs, and also on record they have more migrants than being part of the EU!!!

We DO have a points system (better than Australia's) for non-EU citizens

We DO believe in humanitarian exercises like what is required at moment - lets not forget we ought to get to the root of the problem and NOT the fallout of the problem, and that in the Med the root is ISIS and the greedy ship captains cashing in on people's worries and fears over ISIS! (again the primary fault down to US and UK invading Iraq and Afghanistan in the War on Terror "destroying" the enemy to create a vacuum that has been filled by even worse sects of religious hatred).

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jake McHale wrote:
Breadman wrote:Well played, Madam Chair - I salute you for retaining your composure and displaying grace under fire.

I'd be no good in that situation - It'd be all flustered mumbling, pauses, lots of "Er...." and you didn't start a single sentence with that horrible "Well, you know....." device, first adopted by Tony Blair and subsequently flogged to death by politicians of all hues.

No, I don't know.....that's why I asked you the question, idiot!

Anyroad, I digress......back on topic:

Yes, controls on immigration are obviously a good idea but the notion that the country is full and all these horrible foreigners are coming over here to either (A) take all our jobs or (B) claim millions in benefits whilst sitting on their arses watching Sky TV all day is simply nonsense.

It's a myth propagated by UKIP which taps into (perfectly natural) fears that the indigenous population (whatever that means) may have about people and things they know little about.

In very simple terms, if you don't understand something it's easy to fall into the trap of fearing it and automatically viewing it as a bad thing.

And that's what UKIP are exploiting.

But, as I've said before on here, whilst the Kippers are a joke and will never be a credible force in UK politics, some good has come out of their rise in popularity:

Prior to the last election anybody who raised the issue of controlling immigration was seen as a de facto racist but at least now, thanks to Nige and his ilk, we can now all at least discuss the subject in the mainstream, without fear of the debate being stifled to death from the off because it was taboo.

In terms of "foreigners coming over here and taking our jobs and driving wages down", doing what I do for a living, I have been in literally dozens of manufacturing plants over the last twenty years and yes, I have seen a rise in the numbers of foreign workers in them.

But when you start to ask why, it very quickly becomes apparent that the reason we have so many eastern Europeans working in our factories is quite simply because the going rate for the job has always been around minimum wage level and English people won't get off their arses at five AM and go to work for that amount because they can claim more in benefits.

And can you honestly blame them for that?

The Poles aren't driving wages down but they are prepared to work 40+ hours a week for £240 and, in my experience at least, that's something that English people, in increasingly large numbers, simply aren't prepared to do.

Does anybody think that if all the Eastern Europeans suddenly upped sticks and went home, UK employers would be forced to start paying £15 an hour to English people to fill unskilled jobs?

Nonsense - it doesn't work like that.

The current situation is a bit of a mess in my view because you can't blame the English for not wanting to work for less than they can claim and you can't blame the migrants for filling the labour gap.

If you want to blame someone, blame successive Tory governments (starting with Thatcher) for eroding the collective bargaining power of the British workforce by destroying the unions and raising taxes to the point where British industry stopped being competitive and which resulted in our manufacturing base crumbling to the point where we hardly manufacture anything in this country any more because cheap foreign imports are better value and it's too expensive to manufacture alternatives here at home.

And on top of this, our economy relies more on the financial services / banking sector far more nowadays than it ever did previously, so all our eggs are in that basket and profits made from that money stay in the hands of an elite few and don't filter down into the economy at large, hence why we're all feeling the pinch.

Rant over.

(I only started this comment to say well done to Manda and look what happened.......Off for a lie down now.)
You need to for an idiot you have overstretched your limitations.
It did make me cringe.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum