Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Favourite TV Character

+10
Angry Dad
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
TheHateCamel
largehat
Keegan
Sluffy
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Your Favourite TV Character - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite TV Character Wed May 16 2012, 21:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Always liked the theme music to Van der Valk -

and Hill Street Blues

and Hiawii 50 (although no body mention the programme yet - (Book him Dano, murder 1) -

22Your Favourite TV Character - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite TV Character Wed May 16 2012, 22:06

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

That was the opening sequence to series 1 of VdV

They also have the opening sequencies for 3, 4 and 5, on You Tube, but not series 2 which shows the police station he drives to - plus don't know how to download it from dvd. Yes I have all episodes made on DVD

And the theme music is Eye-Level, and the same "group" also created the Crown Court theme tune.

23Your Favourite TV Character - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite TV Character Wed May 16 2012, 22:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Visited Anne Frank's house once. Very sobering.

24Your Favourite TV Character - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite TV Character Wed May 16 2012, 22:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember reading the Diary of Anne Frank as a kid. 'Carve her name with pride ' was another good read. I'd like to say that these youngsters today don't know that they are born but with all the shoite with the ragheads in the middle east it doesn't seem right somehow.

25Your Favourite TV Character - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite TV Character Wed May 16 2012, 22:35

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:Visited Anne Frank's house once. Very sobering.

Totally agree - to see the hidden rooms, how they lived in the hidden rooms, to see the papers stuck on the wall, how they ate, washed and generally lived during the NAZI regime. Makes one very quiet and read everything there is to read. What makes it more heart wrenching is that she died just days before liberated and that the sole survivor of the family was her father.

But once I went, with a friend, and what pissed me off more than anything and really wanted to say something, but I didn't was that there was a group of Japanese in photographing everything, talking out loud and even laughing. It was like as though they had no realm of what they were looking at.

If I was a teacher, and I trained to be a primary school teacher, then I would make sure that the class (would have to be Year 6, or Junior 4 in old money) would read the Diary of Anne Frank and understand it all.

(In Dutch its pronounced Anner and not Anne - for some strange reason)

26Your Favourite TV Character - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite TV Character Wed May 16 2012, 22:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I know that I wouldn't want to come back as a youngster in this current world. Living an electronic life both socially and with work. Bio-computers not far away now, and instead of drugs, you just plug yourself into things to stimulate your different senses.Having said that I wouldn't mind staying around to see where science takes us. Often wonder if we will expand off the planet, dig into it even more, or just die of pollution/starvation/oil wars

27Your Favourite TV Character - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite TV Character Wed May 16 2012, 22:43

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

71, I believe that history in schools is focussing on other topics nowadays, and that the war seems to be slipping into the background. (some might say for the better). As for the Japanese, I wouldn't be surprised to see them take their bloody cameras to bed ! We had a Japanese student stay with us for 3 weeks a few years agos. A lovely, well-mannered girl, but some odd ideas. I also read the Anne Frank book when I was a youngster, and put it up there with 1984 as one of the most influential books in my life.

28Your Favourite TV Character - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite TV Character Wed May 16 2012, 23:26

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I visited Anne Frank's house about 5-6 years ago. I have to agree that there were noisy school trip groups everywhere. I'm a big bloke and I struggled to get up and down one or two of the cramped hidden staircases.

29Your Favourite TV Character - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite TV Character Thu May 17 2012, 07:20

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:71, I believe that history in schools is focussing on other topics nowadays, and that the war seems to be slipping into the background. (some might say for the better). As for the Japanese, I wouldn't be surprised to see them take their bloody cameras to bed ! We had a Japanese student stay with us for 3 weeks a few years agos. A lovely, well-mannered girl, but some odd ideas. I also read the Anne Frank book when I was a youngster, and put it up there with 1984 as one of the most influential books in my life.

I agree with those books being very influential, and for me a third one which was Animal Farm.

If I was teaching I would definitely try to get the book in somehow, as part of the KS2, maybe through project work which would tie together History, Geography, English Language and Social Awareness. I understand that schools are allowed about 5% time of independent classes, nowadays, and thats how I would use it.

30Your Favourite TV Character - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite TV Character Thu May 17 2012, 09:40

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Jack Regan-The Sweeney, (whats in the larder george ? Two packets of crisps and a mars bar guv.)

31Your Favourite TV Character - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite TV Character Thu May 17 2012, 09:49

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

My second would be Martin Bryce. ( Who remembers him ? without googling it)

32Your Favourite TV Character - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite TV Character Thu May 17 2012, 10:06

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Omar from The Wire

33Your Favourite TV Character - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite TV Character Thu May 17 2012, 10:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:My second would be Martin Bryce. ( Who remembers him ? without googling it)

I have to say that the name has got me stumped.

34Your Favourite TV Character - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite TV Character Thu May 17 2012, 12:02

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:My second would be Martin Bryce. ( Who remembers him ? without googling it)

I have to say that the name has got me stumped.
Ever Decreasing circles with Howard and Hilda with the matching jumpers.

35Your Favourite TV Character - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite TV Character Thu May 17 2012, 12:30

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Anyone ever watch ''The League of Gentleman''? - A couple of cracking characters, Papa Lazarou and Tubbs & Edward.

36Your Favourite TV Character - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite TV Character Thu May 17 2012, 12:41

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

David from Cold Feet, Omar from The Wire, Livia Soprano from The Sopranos, Nanna from Royle Family.

37Your Favourite TV Character - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite TV Character Thu May 17 2012, 13:25

Spillthebeans

Spillthebeans
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Big Oz from Auf Wiedershen Pet

38Your Favourite TV Character - Page 2 Empty Re: Your Favourite TV Character Thu May 17 2012, 20:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Auf Wiedersehen was a brilliant production. I also liked Bubling Brummie Barry as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum