Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Summer Transfer Window

+26
Numpty 28723
inf
HarveyKorman
Lyric Todkill
chris_bwfc
Angry Dad
bwfc71
Lofty_Love
gloswhite
xmiles
chipbutty
rammywhite
Mallorca Trotter
Michael Bolton
TheHateCamel
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
largehat
Sluffy
Copper Dragon
wanderlust
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 19]

21Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Fri May 18 2012, 20:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, there's more chance of Rhodes signing for Fleetwood.

22Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Fri May 18 2012, 20:31

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If you laughed at that one, you should have seen what some optimist put on facebook....

''y aint we gon in for dat Veloso guy again'' Very Happy

23Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Fri May 18 2012, 20:44

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We go in for him every year... why should this be any different?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

24Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sat May 19 2012, 13:23

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

Leroy Lita anyone?

25Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sat May 19 2012, 13:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Rhodes link is just simply not true. He's got Fulham/Everton/Villa written all over him.

26Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sat May 19 2012, 17:16

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What about Jay Rodriguez of Burnley to partner Sordell?

It would be great if we could get a strike pairing together like McGinlay and Walker who both can score loads of goals. Rhodes or Rodriguez would really bring a lot of optimism to us poor fans who have suffered lately.

27Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sat May 19 2012, 18:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:What about Jay Rodriguez of Burnley to partner Sordell?

You'll need a spare £6m.

28Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sat May 19 2012, 18:09

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I agree with Natasha. There are some seriously unrealistic posters on this forum. We didn't have the money for players like Rhodes and Rodriguez last season, anyone who thinks we will be in for players of this valuation now we've been relegated is a knob.

29Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sat May 19 2012, 18:24

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

largehat wrote:I agree with Natasha. There are some seriously unrealistic posters on this forum. We didn't have the money for players like Rhodes and Rodriguez last season, anyone who thinks we will be in for players of this valuation now we've been relegated is a knob.

So you're calling me a knob?

30Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sat May 19 2012, 18:45

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There's no other answer I can give, than to confirm I am calling you a knob. I still love you though.

31Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sat May 19 2012, 19:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Nixon said JRod was off to saints or somewhere.

32Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sat May 19 2012, 21:08

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

TheHateCamel wrote:Leroy Lita anyone?

I know that's a joke because THC is a veteran of 606....

But that is sadly the most realistic of targets named on this article..

33Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sun May 20 2012, 14:15

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think we need to be less self delusional about who we think we can sign this summer. Young players like Rhodes won't give us a second thought when they know there are a number of premiership clubs looking at them. Why should they- to them we're a failed club and they're looking for success. Even if they just warm the bench in the Prem that would be preferable. And they'd get paid a lot more than we can now afford. Given that loyalty for most players is a joke, they'll always go for the money.

If Coyle has any sense he'll be looking at the players who have been released by the big prem outfits- some of whom have decent pedigrees. He could get them to add more bite to the squad (or 'group' as he insists on calling them). He should get them on season long contracts. Either that or he has to borrow from thr big clubs on season long loans.

But forget ther big signings- they've gone for years now.

What's happened to Wylde? Anybody know?

I'm pleased for BSA and the three ex-Wanderers who have done the business for him. It's a real pity that he left us. It's been downhill since he took his skills elsewhere

34Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sun May 20 2012, 14:20

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Rammy, in answer to your question, we were waiting for clearance from FIFA to play Wylde before the end of the season. Normally when you sign a free agent outside the transfer window, they are ineligible to play if they were attached to a club during the previous window, as Wylde was. There was a lot of too-ing and fro-ing to try to demonstrate that there was nothing untoward about the situation and that Wylde had simply been dismissed on grounds of redundancy due to Rangers' exceptional circumstances, but it was to no avail.

However none of this stops Wylde from playing for us next season - all the fannying about was to try to get clearance for him to play for us last season.

35Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sun May 20 2012, 14:58

rammywhite wrote:
If Coyle has any sense he'll be looking at the players who have been released by the big prem outfits- some of whom have decent pedigrees. He could get them to add more bite to the squad (or 'group' as he insists on calling them). He should get them on season long contracts. Either that or he has to borrow from thr big clubs on season long loans.

I disagree, we should be looking to pick up some of the better young players in the championship and league 1, that is the model that Norwich have followed and look how that's paid off for them. There's plenty of talent in the lower leagues it just takes a good eye to spot who is capable of playing at a higher level. Signing released players means big wages and over 30 most of the time, we need young players on low wages with potential resale value.

36Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sun May 20 2012, 18:19

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Remember people, that BWFC have to try and sell season tickets. The PR department will 'leak' to the tabloids that the club is interested in Joseph Bloggs (or whoever). Look back over the last few seasons, or go back as long as you like, Bolton will fanny about till the last minute and end up with the floor sweepings.

At the end of last season (not the one just gone) our inept manager said that the bad run of results after the Wembley debacle, was due to the 'paper thin squad'. In the close season the chairman said that money would be made available and the squad would be strengthened. Easy words. What actually happened was that we sold our three best players and replacements were from a lower league or frees. (Exept Eggnog)

I expect the same false words from the chairman and similar below average signings from Coyle. We; the fans are witnessing the disintegration of our once famous and proud club before our eyes.

37Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sun May 20 2012, 18:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Having the money is one thing but meeting valuations and convincing people to come is another.

we bid for Zaha and Rhys Williams in the window the williams bid a reported 6 million and were rebuffed. We supposedly bid 5 million for Zaha but they wanted 10.

We're being linked with Rhodes because we've just come down and journalists are lazy. Not because the club are conspiracists trying to boost season ticket sales by 3 or 4.

38Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sun May 20 2012, 19:08

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

chipbutty wrote:
At the end of last season (not the one just gone) our inept manager said that the bad run of results after the Wembley debacle, was due to the 'paper thin squad'. In the close season the chairman said that money would be made available and the squad would be strengthened. Easy words. What actually happened was that we sold our three best players and replacements were from a lower league or frees. (Exept Eggnog)

I expect the same false words from the chairman and similar below average signings from Coyle. We; the fans are witnessing the disintegration of our once famous and proud club before our eyes.

Who are these mysterious three best players who were sold last Summer? Remind us all. The only players I remember us selling last Summer were Danny Ward, Matt Taylor and Ali Al-Habsi. Do you think these were our three best players?

39Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Sun May 20 2012, 20:09

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Linking us with Rhodes is ludicrous. He would need his head examining if he came here - not that we could afford him now anyway.

I can't remember how much he was said to be valued at but we spent £8m on Ngog and Sordell. Shocked

40Summer Transfer Window - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window Mon May 21 2012, 06:36

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

No mystery. Al-Habsi. Cahill and Elmander.

Ok, Elmander left for nowt and Cahill went in Jan. but PG tried to off-load him at the start of the season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum