Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Garry Parker

+9
doffcocker
FullofSprite
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Barryjw
bryan458
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Garry Parker Empty Garry Parker Sat May 02 2015, 22:28

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

first time I've heard from him about his thoughts on the season and the club, I like what he says, particularly the bit when he basically calls some of the current players shite.

2Garry Parker Empty Re: Garry Parker Sat May 02 2015, 22:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like the guy.

3Garry Parker Empty Re: Garry Parker Sat May 02 2015, 23:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I STILL don't understand exactly WHO these 'wrong' players are?

I would have said the defence - but he's offered Mills a new contract,  Ream's the player of the season, Wheaters been injured for most of it, and we've not had a right back to speak of - So Dervite I guess is one of these 'wrong' un's?

In midfield we have Bannon - loanee (with a piss up problem a few weeks back), so if he's one we don't try to get him back.  Danns, I think, is only playing because Pratley got injured - maybe he's one?  Feeney seems to do his best but it's hardly his fault he has to play because we have no one else left standing.  Vela seems to have done ok, so to Walker and the rest of the kids - but it's not the kids they are pointing the finger at.  Mavis is just back from injury, so it can't be him.

The keepers are blameless I would say and we've not had an attack apart from ALF and our rwo OAP's, with Cravis always being injured.

So is ALL the blame being pinned on Dervite, Feeney and Danns?

Bit harsh if it is particularly with Danns in particular and Feeny playing mostly out of position under Lennon.

I just don't get why - if it these three players are 'the ones' - that they carry the can for the whole teams failings?

I just don't see it.

What am I missing?

4Garry Parker Empty Re: Garry Parker Sat May 02 2015, 23:58

I had absolutely no idea that Garry Parker worked for Bolton.

You live and learn.....

5Garry Parker Empty Re: Garry Parker Sun May 03 2015, 06:10

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Top Dude tells it how it is, remove all Dougie's garbage!!!!!   :COYW:

Sorry Sluf but for me Danns was fine until he got his contract!!!

6Garry Parker Empty Re: Garry Parker Sun May 03 2015, 11:53

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Perhaps he's looking at the likes of Trotter, Dervite, Moxey, Danns, Eaves, Feeney, Craig Davies some of who have been selected recently probably as a result of the injury position. Others maybe have problems attaining/retaining fitness. All have been disappointing. I have ignored all the loan players who have now gone and Twardzik who has not yet got his feet under the table. I expect a number of the lesser known junior players to be released. All will be revealed in the coming weeks?

7Garry Parker Empty Re: Garry Parker Sun May 03 2015, 12:04

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Barryjw wrote:Perhaps he's looking at the likes of Trotter, Dervite, Moxey, Danns, Eaves, Feeney, Craig Davies some of who have been selected recently probably as a result of the injury position. Others maybe have problems attaining/retaining fitness. All have been disappointing. I have ignored all the loan players who have now gone and Twardzik who has not yet got his feet under the table. I expect a number of the lesser known junior players to be released. All will be revealed in the coming weeks?
Forgot about the likes of Spearing, Baptiste, Hall who are still under contract. Think we may have seen the last of them. t

8Garry Parker Empty Re: Garry Parker Sun May 03 2015, 12:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not gonna be easy to ship all that guff out I'm afraid. 

I like Danns and I like Craig Davies but that doesn't mean they're good enough to get us into the playoffs I suspect Lennon thinks similar of most of this lot.

9Garry Parker Empty Re: Garry Parker Sun May 03 2015, 12:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A fit Craig Davies is a beast at this level, our best games have been when he's been fit.

Sadly, he's almost as bad as his namesake for getting injured, I'd be very wary of offering him another contract.

10Garry Parker Empty Re: Garry Parker Sun May 03 2015, 12:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I still don't get it - sorry if I'm being thick or something.

Both Lennon and now Parker say they want to get shut of some senior players because they aren't good enough.

Fair enough, I have no problem with that.

Whether they can get shut of those on contracts is another matter though - but let's just leave that to one side.

Ok move on the players that don't get picked like Trotter, or those that are mostly injured like Cravies.

I'm ok with that - BUT - and this is the point I'm making - non of those have effected performance on the field - cost us stupid goals and lost points.  So who ARE these players who have?

Remember also - that despite our dreadful defending during the whole of the season, the clubs top THREE players of the year are all DEFENDERS!

(Well Ream (1st) and Mills (3rd) are certainly and Vela (2nd) broke into the team as right back).

Correct me if I'm wrong but Lennon as apparently said he wanted to resign Mills and gave Danns a new contract just a few months back.

Hardly the actions of a manager displeased with players not playing how he wants them too!

So who are these players who cost us points does he want out?

Dervite and Feeney seem to be the only ones possibly to tick that box perhaps?

Both of them probably wouldn't even be starters if we had a seni-fit squad anyway - and in Feeney's case he's been asked to play a role that clearly is beyond him.

Hardly fair then that all the blame is being laid on them if that is the case.

If we simply play two better (debateable) players we have at the club instead of them two - say Wheater and Janko, do people really think it would make such a huge difference?

I certainly don't.

Hence why I don't get who these 'problem' players effecting results are?

11Garry Parker Empty Garry Parker Sun May 10 2015, 18:45

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:I still don't get it - sorry if I'm being thick or something.

Both Lennon and now Parker say they want to get shut of some senior players because they aren't good enough.

Fair enough, I have no problem with that.

Whether they can get shut of those on contracts is another matter though - but let's just leave that to one side.

Ok move on the players that don't get picked like Trotter, or those that are mostly injured like Cravies.

I'm ok with that - BUT - and this is the point I'm making - non of those have effected performance on the field - cost us stupid goals and lost points.  So who ARE these players who have?

Remember also - that despite our dreadful defending during the whole of the season, the clubs top THREE players of the year are all DEFENDERS!

(Well Ream (1st) and Mills (3rd) are certainly and Vela (2nd) broke into the team as right back).

Correct me if I'm wrong but Lennon as apparently said he wanted to resign Mills and gave Danns a new contract just a few months back.

Hardly the actions of a manager displeased with players not playing how he wants them too!

So who are these players who cost us points does he want out?

Dervite and Feeney seem to be the only ones possibly to tick that box perhaps?

Both of them probably wouldn't even be starters if we had a seni-fit squad anyway - and in Feeney's case he's been asked to play a role that clearly is beyond him.

Hardly fair then that all the blame is being laid on them if that is the case.

If we simply play two better (debateable) players we have at the club instead of them two - say Wheater and Janko, do people really think it would make such a huge difference?

I certainly don't.

Hence why I don't get who these 'problem' players effecting results are?
Have to say I'm with Sluffy.

Actually Dervite was called "outstanding" by Lennon only a few matches back. So yes I'm confused.

Also Lennon says he offered Mills a contract, but, Mills says he's not had a contract offer. Whether that's because his agent didn't like the terms I don't know.

At one point Lennon also criticised Walker, but he's not a senior player. Think Mills comes into the mix, McNaughton, Spearing, Hall, Moxey, Feeney, maybe Ream, Dervite, Danns,  and C.Davies.

Think Jay Spearing and Rob Hall have come in for the most criticism, and Rob Hall probably in particular probably deserved. I say that because Hall you could definitely point the finger at losing the ball in dangerous positions.

Don;t forget Beckford either who was given reasonable time to prove himself and didn't

Just because they're "player of the year" by supporters doesn't mean the manager thinks so. 

Maybe the manager has thought again about some of Mills's performances recently and decided not to offer him a contract

12Garry Parker Empty Re: Garry Parker Sun May 10 2015, 22:30

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A lot of the "some of this lot just aren't good enough" stuff from Lennon and his assistants worries me.

Freedman's nice guy approach was annoying but this is potentially just the other extreme.

It'd be nice to think we'll just clear out the deadwood and bring in players that are good enough and play like they give a shit, but it never works out like that. There'll always be players that don't fit the bill and passive-aggressively slagging them off like this can't be doing morale any good.

13Garry Parker Empty Re: Garry Parker Mon May 11 2015, 01:51

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Can anyone here defend the end of year play by the team?  If I knew I was on the bubble of a team (waiting to see if I got picked up), I would be playing the last few games with the desire to stay on that team.  I fear Lennon saw the lack of that desire and changed his mind about some of the players.  The ponces only have themselves to blame for not putting out in the final month.  Look at what Beckford can do in League One.  All he did for us was get into good positions and scuff, muff or sky the ball.  I'm sure he would not be playing at this level if he had a 3-year deal somewhere.  Nat is correct when she says they are lazy ponces.  I for one, am glad we have a manager who says he is fed up with this type of play.  Let's hope for a fired up new team next season.  I wonder who will be in goal.

14Garry Parker Empty Re: Garry Parker Mon May 11 2015, 10:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie - not honest enough. 

Lennon - too honest.

15Garry Parker Empty Re: Garry Parker Mon May 11 2015, 11:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let's be honest - Lennon talks a good fight and is excellent in the media, but so far he hasn't come up with the goods on the pitch. There are a lot of ready-made excuses for the piss poor performances at hand but sooner or later he's going to have to do something other than talk about what he wants/likes/needs and start winning games - ideally with some style.
All talk so far....

16Garry Parker Empty Re: Garry Parker Mon May 11 2015, 13:24

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:I STILL don't understand exactly WHO these 'wrong' players are?

I would have said the defence - but he's offered Mills a new contract,  Ream's the player of the season, Wheaters been injured for most of it, and we've not had a right back to speak of - So Dervite I guess is one of these 'wrong' un's?

In midfield we have Bannon - loanee (with a piss up problem a few weeks back), so if he's one we don't try to get him back.  Danns, I think, is only playing because Pratley got injured - maybe he's one?  Feeney seems to do his best but it's hardly his fault he has to play because we have no one else left standing.  Vela seems to have done ok, so to Walker and the rest of the kids - but it's not the kids they are pointing the finger at.  Mavis is just back from injury, so it can't be him.

The keepers are blameless I would say and we've not had an attack apart from ALF and our rwo OAP's, with Cravis always being injured.

Bit harsh if it is particularly with Danns in particular and Feeny playing mostly out of position under Lennon.

I just don't get why - if it these three players are 'the ones' - that they carry the can for the whole teams failings?

I just don't see it.

What am I missing?

Spot on Sluffy ..... 

It will be interesting to learn who Lennon thinks the culprits are.

17Garry Parker Empty Re: Garry Parker Mon May 25 2015, 15:04

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This is a cracking interview, how many coaching staff comes out and says over and over the players aren't good enough? lol. He is right though, Bolton are just full of journeymen players right now and I cannot believe people like Sluffy cannot see or understand that these players are not good enough.
Good to know Lennon and his staff are scouting around Europe for players, fingers crossed Lennon and Parker were off to Madrid and Barcelona looking for players.

18Garry Parker Empty Re Garry Parker Mon May 25 2015, 16:21

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

terenceanne wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I STILL don't understand exactly WHO these 'wrong' players are?

I just don't see it.

What am I missing?

Spot on Sluffy ..... 

It will be interesting to learn who Lennon thinks the culprits are.
Matt Mills, Beckford etc

19Garry Parker Empty Re: Garry Parker Mon May 25 2015, 16:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Lennon offered Mills a new contract at the end of the season and Beckford was at Preston when all the late goals were going in against us and Lennon was saying that people in the teams on those days were costing us the goals and should probably not be here next season - so he clearly can't have meant those two players.

QED

20Garry Parker Empty Re: Garry Parker Tue May 26 2015, 08:57

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:Lennon offered Mills a new contract at the end of the season and Beckford was at Preston when all the late goals were going in against us and Lennon was saying that people in the teams on those days were costing us the goals and should probably not be here next season - so he clearly can't have meant those two players.

QED
Beckford I would agree about. Think they withdrew the Mills contract because of his poor defending. I also think Rob Hall was also another he had in mind. Not sure they particularly like Ream or Dervite, though one game they praised Dervite for excellent work.

Think they are as disappointed as the fans are. Don't think they will be able to achieve the changes that they think are required.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum