Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Domestic help.

+9
Spider Legs
Mr Magoo
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Bwfc1958
Bollotom2014
boltonbonce
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Sun May 03 2015, 18:54

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The immigrants make the best domestic helper's (nice and cheap)

22Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Sun May 03 2015, 18:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:The immigrants make the best domestic helper's (nice and cheap)

They can help you with your English as well Magoo.

23Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Sun May 03 2015, 19:55

Spider Legs

Spider Legs
David Ngog
David Ngog

Natasha Whittam wrote:Domestic help is ace. Before immigration got involved I had a maid, a butler and a gardener.

There's nothing like stepping into a bath run by someone else. Especially if they put bubble bath in.
This is bullshit.

24Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Sun May 03 2015, 19:57

Spider Legs wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Domestic help is ace. Before immigration got involved I had a maid, a butler and a gardener.

There's nothing like stepping into a bath run by someone else. Especially if they put bubble bath in.
This is bullshit.
I agree, bubble bath is rubbish.

25Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Sun May 03 2015, 20:13

Spider Legs

Spider Legs
David Ngog
David Ngog

Who is this rich natasha woman and why would she support bolton or chorley? surely she would be a scum fan.

26Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Sun May 03 2015, 22:42

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Spider Legs wrote:Who is this rich natasha woman and why would she support bolton or chorley? surely she would be a scum fan.

Oi! You leave Natasha alone you eight legged fecker, or you'll be a no leg fecker, you fecker. Natasha might be a pain in the arse but she's our pain in the arse and if she's looking for a gardener, I'll trim her bush.

27Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Sun May 03 2015, 22:57

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I don't see the problem with it. Even if its a tenner an hour, 3 times a week.

If it means I don't have to wash and dry bedding or iron my stuff or clean the bathroom then what's £30?

(Ps cant afford it right now)

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

28Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Sun May 03 2015, 23:20

Biggie wrote:I don't see the problem with it. Even if its a tenner an hour, 3 times a week.

If it means I don't have to wash and dry bedding or iron my stuff or clean the bathroom then what's £30?

(Ps cant afford it right now)

I couldn't do it.

I even feel guilty when we're on holiday and the waiters and bar staff are falling over themselves to create a good impression and can't do enough.

I know they're doing it for tips but that just sets me off on the whole "people should be paid a living wage and shouldn't have to prostitute themselves to get an extra few pesos" trip.

Honestly, I hate seeing other human beings being forced into pretending that you're the most important person in the world just because you're staying in the hotel they work in.

White man's guilt?

Probably.

And I'm not even a Catholic.........

29Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Mon May 04 2015, 09:08

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We're having this debate at home just now. My wife wants a cleaner because one of her best mates sister is a cleaner and doesn't have enough work and is a bit broke- so she wants to employ her to do the housework but also to help her out. So it's a bit of a moral dilemma.
But as a kid I lived on Daubhill and the idea of a cleaner is anathema to me. Someone cleaning the mess up after me?
 I think I'd rather live in a mucky house than that.
It's like in  hotels where they say if you want your towels changed throw the used ones on the floor.
I can't stand that either. Asking someone else to pick up my dirty stuff off the floor  is degrading. If you had done that as kid would your old Ma have tolerated it? If my kids( thankfully now  grown up left home) had done that and expected their mum to pick up their soiled clothes they would have felt my foot up their arse.
So-if we do employ a cleaner it'll be a difficult decision for me. It'll be to help someone out who needs a bit of help. The missus has become a bit  too lazy to get off her backside and do it herself. I'd do it but I'm out working all day.
And also be very careful about insurance. If your cleaner nicks something then its highly likely that you're not insured. So check with your insurer first.

30Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Mon May 04 2015, 09:32

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I've learnt a new word today. 

I actually had to google the word 'anathema'. Cheers Rammy.

31Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Mon May 04 2015, 09:35

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bwfc1958 wrote:I've learnt a new word today. 

I actually had to google the word 'anathema'. Cheers Rammy.
I'm like our house- full of shit like that!! It's a good word though. It's like an ephemeral embroilment. Me and the missus have lots of those about this topic

32Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Mon May 04 2015, 09:36

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Oh shit. Back to google again......

33Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Mon May 04 2015, 10:07

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Delighted to be of assistance there 1958

34Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Mon May 04 2015, 11:02

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I have a cleaner once a week for about 8 hours, costs me 40 quid. Does most of the weeks washing, ironing and cleans all the bedrooms and bathrooms, We do our own cleaning generally (washing up and the like) but for 40 quid a week, the house gets a really good doing over, I think its worth it. 

Just don't have the time really between trying to run a business, look after 2 children and doing a full time job. 

Yes, it could be considered lazy, but if people are willing to do it for very little money and it makes my life easier, then all is well with me. 

School shuttle is also very useful for working parents just as a side note.

35Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Mon May 04 2015, 11:05

You do realise that paying less than minimum wage is not only immoral, it's also illegal, Rebel?

Please post your full name and address on here so that I can report you to the police.

Cheers.

36Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Mon May 04 2015, 11:12

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't pay her wages. 
She works for an agency. I pay the agency (a reputable one by the way) and they pay her wages.

37Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Mon May 04 2015, 11:13

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:You do realise that paying less than minimum wage is not only immoral, it's also illegal, Rebel?

Please post your full name and address on here so that I can report you to the police.

Cheers.
Sorry, 

My address is...

Apt 3
Whittam Towers
Adlington Marina
Adlington 
Lancashire 
PR71BQ

38Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Mon May 04 2015, 11:16

Cheers.

Now put some pants on and have a wash because you can expect a knock at the door soon.

39Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Mon May 04 2015, 11:24

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Cheers.

Now put some pants on and have a wash because you can expect a knock at the door soon.
I have no clean pants mate. My cleaner does not come till Wednesday and its been a heavy week, had a few curry's you see...

40Domestic help. - Page 2 Empty Re: Domestic help. Mon May 04 2015, 14:48

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Breadman wrote:Cheers.

I have no clean pants mate. My cleaner does not come till Wednesday and its been a heavy week, had a few curry's you see...

...well turn them inside out then and they'll last till Wednesday

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum