Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boxing: Manny is winner... judges decision reversed...

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Look out for the official judges scorecards on the Daily Mail (and prob other sites too)...

Clearly the top marks are in the Red corner (Manny). But the way the names are laid out on the page at the top means that when the scores were totted up they put Floyd as winner (accidentally reversing the result)

Expect an announcement or a cover up soon...

No hoax, scorecards here...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-3065922/Floyd-Mayweather-vs-Manny-Pacquiao-fight-scorecard-Official-round-round-boxing-stats-compared-Jeff-Powell-s-verdict.html

Last edited by Biggie on Sun May 03 2015, 23:00; edited 1 time in total

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I saw this picture. Wasn't sure if it was some sort of fake though. I haven't heard anyone who watched the fight say mayweather didn't deserve it, so I reckon it's probably just some sort of hoax.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Well its some hoax if the Mail are printing the scorecard as the official one. They have not gone with a story about th score cards, they didn't notice it, it was just a straight story about the match.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Just had another proper look at this and it just looks, as you said, theyve cocked up because of the way the names are set out on the scorecard. You couldn't really blame them for making that mistake and it is still clear they thought it was floyd that won it.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

So do you agree that they cocked up and read out the wrong name?

Mayweather had that fight won before a single punch was thrown.

And I don't mean because he was the better fighter.

It was always going to go the distance and he was always going to win on points - Christ, we've all been saying as much on here for weeks!

Not saying it was fixed exactly, but both men were guaranteed a bumper pay-day right from the off and Mayweather is very precious about his unbeaten record and so it's not inconceivable to imagine that a deal or two may have been done behind the scenes, is it?

From all accounts, it looked more like an episode of "Strictly Come Dancing" than what was hyped up to be "the fight of the century", so who knows....?

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

No. They've scored it like that because mayweathers name was on the left so they've put his points on the left, instead of paying attention and scoring the cards by corner colour. Am I making sense?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes you are. There is no bloody conspiracy. Mayweather won easily.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i watched it and there is no doubt Mayweather won it on points and in my opinion the judges scores looked bang on to me.

I would rather have seen Manny win but in truth he never got near enough to seriously worry Mayweather. As i said on the fight thread it was frustrating watching Mayweather doing his best Strictly impression (whats the one were they run and skip across the floor?) and constant holding.

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yes you are. There is no bloody conspiracy. Mayweather won easily.

I'm not saying it was a conspiracy, I'm just saying I don't trust the people running the whole sorry circus.

(And I know you weren't replying to me, by the way.)

Norpig wrote:i watched it and there is no doubt Mayweather won it on points and in my opinion the judges scores looked bang on to me.

I would rather have seen Manny win but in truth he never got near enough to seriously worry Mayweather. As i said on the fight thread it was frustrating watching Mayweather doing his best Strictly impression (whats the one were they run and skip across the floor?) and constant holding.

Triple jump?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

no is it the American smooth were they practically run round?

Norpig wrote:no is it the American smooth were they practically run round?

Is that not marlboro red?

I only know the moonwalk or the robot

Oh and big fish little fish cardboard box

y2johnny wrote:

Microwave oven, not cardboard box.

Amateur...... Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

no its the quickstep i've checked now, thats what Mayweather was doing most of the fight  Very Happy

Breadman wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

Microwave oven, not cardboard box.

Amateur...... Very Happy

Feed the pigeons and bounce the ball

Never heard of no microwave oven.

Thats the missus' domain

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it was always cardboard box with me back in the day

Norpig wrote:no its the quickstep i've checked now, thats what Mayweather was doing most of the fight  Very Happy

So definitely not body popping then

Gutted, ive just bought it right now as i thought that would be worth seeing

Norpig wrote:it was always cardboard box with me back in the day

Smile

I'm older than you.

Microwaves were new and cool "Back in the day, Holmes".....

Fo shizzle!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum