Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Boxing

Boxing

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Boxing on Wed Jan 10 2018, 14:22

Sluffy

Admin
Eddie Hearn has just signed up Amir Khan.

One last big pay day for Amir then with Kell Brook his dream match up I would suspect.

This from Amir who once said Brook was not worthy to be in the same ring as him - or something like that.

Problem is Brook might want bigger fish than Amir these days!

(Money usually talks in the end though).

2 Re: Boxing on Wed Jan 10 2018, 15:10

Sluffy

Admin
Also Tyson Fury isn't getting his boxing licence back anytime soon!

British boxing chiefs say they are "nowhere near" granting Tyson Fury a licence to fight and still require medical records to lift his suspension.
The British Boxing Board of Control suspended Fury's licence in 2016 owing to "anti-doping and medical issues".
Fury, 29, accepted a backdated two-year anti-doping ban in December and is working towards a return in 2018.
He tweeted on Wednesday that he would be "applying for my licence today" and would be back in the ring in April.
But the BBBofC has not spoken to Fury and insists the process "really can't move on" without medical records.

"We have a number of reports already in from when he was suspended," BBBofC general secretary Robert Smith told 5 live's boxing podcast.
"We will need up-to-date ones and then pass them on to our doctors and consultants. They will tell me if they need more but at present we are nowhere near that.
"I have spoken to Mick Hennessy [Fury's promoter], advising he'd like to get on with this as soon as possible and he did say he'd come back to me but unfortunately at this time he hasn't so it hasn't moved on yet."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/42621606

3 Re: Boxing on Fri Jan 12 2018, 12:01

Angry Dad

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
AJ and Hearn are doing all they can to steer clear of Deontay Wilder  imo first big banger will do AJ and if Fury Can get fit he will frustrate AJ all night long.

4 Re: Boxing on Fri Jan 12 2018, 12:29

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'd be surprised if he got a licence.

5 Re: Boxing on Fri Jan 12 2018, 17:57

Bwfc1958

Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
Angry Dad wrote:AJ and Hearn are doing all they can to steer clear of Deontay Wilder  imo first big banger will do AJ and if Fury Can get fit he will frustrate AJ all night long.
You could be right but you'd have to be brave to stand and trade with AJ, if you swing and leave yourself open and AJ connects then  you're hitting the deck without doubt. You're definitely right about Fury though. As much as I hate to admit it, because I think he's a complete tool, he's cleverer than he gets credit for and has the skills to frustrate a fighter like Joshua all night long.

6 Re: Boxing on Mon Jan 15 2018, 19:06

Reebok Trotter

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
AJ fights Joseph Parker in March for Parker's belt. After he has knocked Parker out it should set him up nicely for Wilder.

7 Re: Boxing on Tue Jan 16 2018, 12:45

Angry Dad

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Reebok Trotter wrote:AJ fights Joseph Parker in March for Parker's belt. After he has knocked Parker out it should set him up nicely for Wilder.
Dont rule Parker out imo joshua is well over rated, the klit let him off, whyte staggered him, he's a bully and not nice at all a typical bullies attitude. He calls Parker a little boy parker says he's chinny so joshua says he wont shake his hand after the fight he's a cunt. If he ever agrees to fight Wilder which i doubt he will get trashed, Ortiz would do him as well, Fury would own him, he's already a fat cat.I really dont like this fucker.

8 Re: Boxing on Wed Jan 17 2018, 10:34

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I get the feeling that Joshua is already courting the media rather too much, and I think he could well be distracted by it all.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum