Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Lennon upbeat ahead of summer transfer window opening

+4
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is exciting especially as we're trying to trade within our means. I think everyone is fed up with us handing out fat contracts for average players so it will be interesting to see what can be done when the pressure's on.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:It is exciting especially as we're trying to trade within our means. I think everyone is fed up with us handing out fat contracts for average players so it will be interesting to see what can be done when the pressure's on.
I hope your optimism is justified lusty. But right now I worry that we can't afford or simply won't offer even an average contract to good players let alone ordinary ones. If sluffy and others are right and the books are being 'streamlined' to make us look more attractive to a potential buyer we might well see another summer of waiting till the last minute then diving frantically into a loan market where the best have already gone. 

I don't expect us to sign world beaters or pay huge numbers to fading stars like Sam was able to in the early part of his tenure but I'm worried we might well wind up with an even thinner squad than we had over the last two years, especially with the downgrade of the academy. I know, the window's not even officially open yet but after the Morgan fiasco (not Neil's fault, perhaps not even Phil's) I'm worried that every player we really want will wind up elsewhere simply because we can't afford to pay him. And yes that does include Madine.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum