Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Babies

+11
Reebok Trotter
Lyric Todkill
gloswhite
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
TheHateCamel
aaron_bwfc
Copper Dragon
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Babies - Page 2 Empty Re: Babies Sun 27 May - 22:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

and on that one, I agree with you:cheers:

22Babies - Page 2 Empty Re: Babies Sun 27 May - 23:31

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I find baby photos on FB irritating too. The problem is that many of the people who are also FB Friends with that person will really appreciate seeing the photos. So the person sharing them is doing it because Facebook has largely overtaken email and other forms of sharing photos as the primary method.

I posted about 300 holiday pictures on Facebook once, knowing only a handful of my friends would actually be interested in looking through them all, but it's just a practical way of sharing photos.

It does annoy me when people tag themselves in the photos when it's just a photo of the baby though.

I find the use of the word 'gawjus' more annoying than my Facebook news feed being plastered with babies, which I have to admit, all look the same to me.

When I read 'gawjus' I know the person must be too thick or lazy to learn how to spell 'gorgeous'. If 'gawjus' ever ends up in the OED it will be the beginning of the end for civilisation as we know it.

23Babies - Page 2 Empty Re: Babies Mon 28 May - 10:19

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:You have stumbled upon possibly the most irritating Internet abbreviation of all.

'Gawjus' for 'gorgeous'. It actually makes me sick.

It makes me sick too...

a whole new language has spawned that started with text messaging and has moved in to real-life.

I have pics of my little boy on facebook, I dont give a shit if people dont like them - Like he OP , if you dont want to look at people's pics, simply dont look at them.

im actually going to change my avatar now to my son...just to annoy you a bit. Laughing

only recently though, someone commented on my profile pic (the one I have as my avatar) as 'fuckin sik pic dis lad' ... yes, it got deleted.

while we are on the subject of facebook pictures, the main thing I hate is the amount of sanctimonious bullshit on there...

such as... somone has had a argument with her fella and decided to tell the world by posting somthing like on facebook about it... you always see people that dont really know her, or ACTUALLY give a shit in real life posting stuff like...

'u dnt dezerve im hunz, ur too good 4 im, fuk im off n find a mn ho wil tret you lik a gawjuss pinces unni'

or somthing along thos lines... Laughing

also... posts like 'like this photo and facebook will donate 10 million$$$ and 1000 African babies will be saved' crap... I dont know what's more sad - the people that post them in the first place to get 'likes' or the people who actually fall for it...

24Babies - Page 2 Empty Re: Babies Mon 28 May - 11:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think people who put photos of their kids on Facebook or on Bolton football forums are fucking mental in this day and age.

25Babies - Page 2 Empty Re: Babies Mon 28 May - 11:20

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:I think people who put photos of their kids on Facebook or on Bolton football forums are fucking mental in this day and age.

yes your right...

I mean the possibilities are endless of what someone could do with that pic...

as long as my DOB, address, sort code and Acc no are not printed on the front of the shirt I dont see an issue.

next your going to be telling me that the pic is going to be sold to a peado ring...

26Babies - Page 2 Empty Re: Babies Mon 28 May - 11:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

next your going to be telling me that the pic is going to be sold to a peado ring...

If you'd read what I'd read over the years there's no way you'd put that pic of your boy on any website.

27Babies - Page 2 Empty Re: Babies Mon 28 May - 11:37

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

If you'd read what I'd read over the years there's no way you'd put that pic of your boy on any website.

was it in the daily mail by any chance?

posting internet forums can also give you cancer apparently Natasha, shit...better get off them hadn't I.

28Babies - Page 2 Empty Re: Babies Mon 28 May - 11:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

posting internet forums can also give you cancer apparently Natasha, shit...better get off them hadn't I.

Nope, proper research.

29Babies - Page 2 Empty Re: Babies Mon 28 May - 11:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a very bonny young baby and I'm pleased to see he is being brought up proper right from an early age.

30Babies - Page 2 Empty Re: Babies Mon 28 May - 11:47

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Nope, proper research.

Wikipedia? Laughing

31Babies - Page 2 Empty Re: Babies Mon 28 May - 14:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I understand proud parents, of course you want to share your joy with the world.

doesn't mean i can't find it annoying though. That said it's the reaction that is more galling.

I'm at a loss though, why new parents bring their babies into work and just plonk it on the table.

what do i say? "oh yes a baby, great"

32Babies - Page 2 Empty Re: Babies Mon 28 May - 14:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I understand proud parents, of course you want to share your joy with the world.

doesn't mean i can't find it annoying though. That said it's the reaction that is more galling.

I'm at a loss though, why new parents bring their babies into work and just plonk it on the table.

One day you might have a girlfriend. One day you might even have sex. One day you might even get a woman/transsexual pregnant. And one day you'll take your son/daughter to work at the benefit office in Aberdeen just like everyone else.

33Babies - Page 2 Empty Re: Babies Mon 28 May - 14:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I understand proud parents, of course you want to share your joy with the world.

One day you might have a girlfriend. One day you might even have sex. One day you might even get a woman/transsexual pregnant. And one day you'll take your son/daughter to work at the benefit office in Aberdeen just like everyone else.

hehe.

34Babies - Page 2 Empty Re: Babies Mon 28 May - 14:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I always feel sorry for children in single parent families. Apart from it being extremely difficult managing to raise a child on your own, there always comes a time when the child or adult wants to meet his /her natural father / mother.

With Fathers Day approaching it can be a sad time for some people.

https://youtu.be/-AQLL7-Nvgc

35Babies - Page 2 Empty Re: Babies Mon 28 May - 15:14

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Natasha... you have not had sex either! so you cant take the piss...

36Babies - Page 2 Empty Re: Babies Mon 28 May - 15:25

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:It's not an issue that gets me down and makes my daily life difficult, it's just one of those things that's just such a load of bullshit that it's fun to talk about it.

I really don't care what a baby looks like. If I saw an extremely ugly baby in the street, I wouldn't even stop to think about it, let alone make an issue out of it. The same applies to extremely good looking babies. I'm just not interested either way.

The points I'm making are that people who parade their babies over Facebook are pathetic, and what's equally pathetic are the people that suck up to them, with comments about how "gawjus" it is, when it's quite clearly ugly/average.

I agree with the comments thing...but I have quite a lot of pics of my son on facebook, the reason for this is because its the easiest way for people who ARE interested who live in other countries or miles away, I dont put a new album on and sit there hoping someone comments and says hes 'Gawjuss' - I couldn't give a shit if im honest....

if anyone posts any 'txt speak' on my wall in fact, it gets deleted...

but calling people pathetic for simply sharing something that a few people are interested in is just wrong...

the solution to your problem is simple, dont fucking look at them... Rolling Eyes

37Babies - Page 2 Empty Re: Babies Mon 28 May - 18:26

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

A friend of mine posted a pic of his daughter on Facebook recently. She is unfortunately a somewhat plain, bordering on ugly, child. I didn't comment - but if I had, I would have said something like "How nice, I didn't know you had a daughter!" People were posting comments saying how lovely she was, how beautiful etc. They know they lied.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

38Babies - Page 2 Empty Re: Babies Mon 28 May - 22:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I was always taught that if you can't say a good word, then say nothing.

They are somebody’s kids for Christ sake, if you can't bring yourself to say a little white lie about a newborn baby, then I don't really think you know what being considerate is about.

It won't kill you and it makes somebody’s day, so as long as you don't go overboard about it, then why not say something nice?

I once remember the ex bursting into tears when one woman told her (quite truthfully too) that our little baby hadn't got much hair. It didn't bother me in the slightest - I doubt it bothers too many blokes about what their babies look like - its more important to us that they are born healthy - but women - at least mine was - are all over the place with their hormones.

I guess for women it is part of what it is all about for many of them (sorry if that comes across sexist from me) - all this broodiness, or nest building, etc when they are of that certain age when they see a baby of any sort.

Just smile, be patient, say a kind word and let them have their moment - believe me you get it back many times over if you do.

Sluffy (in touch with his feminine side!)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum