Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Rugby World Cup

+8
wanderlust
Soul Kitchen
Bwfc1958
Sluffy
Copper Dragon
Chairmanda
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

21The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Fri Sep 18 2015, 21:15

I came on here to find out how England were doing at rugby and all I get is people claiming Harry Potter characters. Disgraceful.

Can I be Dobbie? (it's the only one I know)

22The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Fri Sep 18 2015, 21:21

Barb Dwyer wrote:I came on here to find out how England were doing at rugby and all I get is people claiming Harry Potter characters. Disgraceful.

As long as you don't mind lennon not playing you even when you score

23The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Fri Sep 18 2015, 21:33

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

y2johnny wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:I came on here to find out how England were doing at rugby and all I get is people claiming Harry Potter characters. Disgraceful.

As long as you don't mind lennon not playing you even when you score
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

24The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Fri Sep 18 2015, 21:36

This Fijian number 11 is an absolute monster

25The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Fri Sep 18 2015, 21:38

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:This Fijian number 11 is an absolute monster

You racist.

Fiji only a score behind now, careful now England.

26The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Fri Sep 18 2015, 22:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:This Fijian number 11 is an absolute monster

He is for a winger! An absolute beast and what a good catch under pressure for the try. All in all a decent start to the campaign but tougher times are ahead.

27The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Fri Sep 18 2015, 22:13

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We'll certainly have to be better in the scrum against Wales and Australia.

Come On England.

28The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Sat Sep 19 2015, 13:04

Just out of interest, has anybody else on here played the game?

I played all through secondary school, flirted with League for a bit at sixth form then went back to Union at Uni.

I broke my right leg, collar bone, four ribs, dislocated a finger and had more black eyes than a one-armed boxer.

But I loved it.

Looking back now, when it gets cold and I can hardly walk, I ask myself if it was really worth it and I suppose the answer has to be "yes" because I really enjoyed playing the game and you've just got to accept the fact that you're going to get hurt.

But........

If you look at the game now compared to back then, everybody's bigger, faster and stronger.

When I played, the backs were all slender, girlie types who could run a bit and I was considered tall for a Flanker at 6 foot.

Nowadays, I'd be considered too small to play in the pack.

It honestly amazes me that there aren't more serious injuries amongst the pro ranks.

29The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Sat Sep 19 2015, 13:16

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The Australian team are staying in the hotel where i go to swim, they are like men mountains, sculpted from marble, towering, powerful, ...the sweat glistening on their hairy muscular forearms, their broad manly frames filling the doorways...

In unrelated news, if you sit for 2 hours in a jacuzzi sucking your tummy in admiring the view, you come out faint, prune wrinkled, and dehydrated

30The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Sat Sep 19 2015, 13:22

...but happy.

Very Happy

31The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Sat Sep 19 2015, 13:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I played for a bit but some bastard kept knocking my glasses off. 

I actually played three games,but was knocked out cold by a late tackle in my fourth,so I decided football was my best option.The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Knockedout

32The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Sat Sep 19 2015, 14:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I played (both codes), even won my school colours but football was always my game.

I once represented the school at a competition at Leigh's Hilton Park, when one of our players Alva Drummond got signed by Leigh Rugby.

He did have a bit of a career in the league but he also took his younger brother Des to Leigh with him who also got signed and ended up being a star in the game.

33The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Sat Sep 19 2015, 18:33

SA v Japan.

What a fantastic game of rugby.

34The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Sat Sep 19 2015, 18:43

YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Get in!!!!!!

35The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Sat Sep 19 2015, 18:55

Massive upset. Great result for the Japanese and two or three very obviously not Japanese Smile

36The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Sat Sep 19 2015, 19:02

y2johnny wrote:Massive upset. Great result for the Japanese and two or three very obviously not Japanese Smile

Unlike us of course.

Mako and Billy come from a long line of English rugby-playing Vunipolas.

It's a very old English family name meaning "built like a brick shithouse."

Very Happy

37The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Sat Sep 19 2015, 19:25

Breadman wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Massive upset. Great result for the Japanese and two or three very obviously not Japanese Smile

Unlike us of course.

Mako and Billy come from a long line of English rugby-playing Vunipolas.

It's a very old English family name meaning "built like a brick shithouse."

Very Happy

Very Happy

Im new to this rugby malarkey dont forget. How does it work with obviously different nationalities playing for different nations?

I'm guessing it's the same as why pieterson played cricket for england. But i dont know why he did either?

38The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Sat Sep 19 2015, 19:33

At one time, you had to be born in the country you wanted to play for.

Then they relaxed the rules to allow people to play for the country of their parents' birth.

Then this was extended to grand-parents.

But this wasn't enough, so various sporting governing bodies passed laws to allow people to qualify to play by "naturalisation" or by earning "residency status" after they'd resided in the country in question for a qualifying period.

Which is why you now see half the English cricket team hailing from South Africa (but that one is slightly different because you can still hold a full UK passport and have dual nationality if you've got an English bloodline).

It's happening in most sports now and if I'm honest, I think it's gone too far.

I would have drawn the line at parents meself.

39The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Sat Sep 19 2015, 19:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can qualify for Scotland if you buy a six pack of Irn Bru.

40The Rugby World Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup Sat Sep 19 2015, 19:40

Thanks breaders. We have actually both been saying (the wrong) things trying to work it out. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum