Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why was Megson hated so much?

+8
Alf Hooker
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Norpig
scottjames30
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Why was Megson hated so much? Sun Nov 01 2015, 19:26

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't get my head round it, was it because he was dull?

If I could turn back the clock, I'd have him over Freedman or Lennon, not sure about Coyle because Coyle had a great season with us.u
Just wondering becsuse the fans were vile towards Megson, but Lennon has the worst win record of them all put together.

I'm beginning to think that the Bolton fans expected too much too soon, what do you think?

And why was Megson hated the way he was?

He beat Manure at home and drew with B.M away, surly that has to count for something.

2Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Re: Why was Megson hated so much? Sun Nov 01 2015, 19:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

where does anyone start with this one? I hated him because the football on offer was awful and very defensive. He also had no interaction with the fans and never attended a fans forum.

But probably the main reason is the UEFA cup debacle, resting players for a league game against Wigan (which we lost anyway) when we could have possibly gotten to the final  Mad

3Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Re: Why was Megson hated so much? Sun Nov 01 2015, 20:01

He was hated before he came him, booed before his first match, whatevere he did he couldn't win most people round.

He rested players in every round of the Europa league (even the Bayern game when Gerald Cid played) so don't know why people jump on the fact he rested players v Sporting Lisbon.

The football we play now makes the stuff served up by Megson look like Barcelona.

4Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Re: Why was Megson hated so much? Sun Nov 01 2015, 20:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with Norpig.

Weren't we 2 up against Hull City only for it to finish 2-2?

I'm sure shortly after that game he turned on the fans.

The guy is a prized prick!

5Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Re: Why was Megson hated so much? Sun Nov 01 2015, 20:09

karlypants wrote:I agree with Norpig.

He got sacked after the Hull game. The match at Blackburn was when he had a go at the fans.

6Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Re: Why was Megson hated so much? Sun Nov 01 2015, 20:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:
He rested players in every round of the Europa league (even the Bayern game when Gerald Cid played) so don't know why people jump on the fact he rested players v Sporting Lisbon.

Utter bollocks.

He played a full strength side in the 1st leg in front of 25,000 people which we drew 1-1.

Then played a reserve team in the 2nd leg in the last fucking 16 of the UEFA Cup!! He threw way European glory for a game against shitty Wigan. Criminal, anyone who says otherwise doesn't understand why we follow Bolton Wanderers.

7Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Re: Why was Megson hated so much? Sun Nov 01 2015, 20:25

How many changes did he make from the 1st leg to the 2nd?
It wasn't a vastly different team.

8Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Re: Why was Megson hated so much? Sun Nov 01 2015, 20:26

We would have lost to Rangers in the next round anyway

9Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Re: Why was Megson hated so much? Sun Nov 01 2015, 20:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:How many changes did he make from the 1st leg to the 2nd?
It wasn't a vastly different team.

Fuck off, it was massively different. Gardner, Campo, Davies and Taylor were all missing from the 2nd leg.

1st leg: Al Habsi, Hunt, Andrew O'Brien, Cahill, Gardner, Campo (Teymourian 84), Davies, Joey O'Brien (Guthrie 67), McCann, Taylor, Helguson (Giannakopoulos 55).

2nd leg: Bolton: Al Habsi, Hunt, Cahill, Meite, Samuel, Joey O'Brien, Guthrie, Teymourian (Braaten 71), Giannakopoulos, Vaz Te, Helguson (Woolfe 76).

And Megson fucking admitted it afterwards:

Gary Megson wrote:"I've said all along our main aim is to retain our place in the Premier League.
"In hindsight I still wouldn't change anything, and there's no sense of relief we are out either.

"We're disappointed. You only have to take a look at the players in the dressing room because we certainly didn't come here to get beat, but our priority has to be the Premier League.

You twat. I'm seething all over again.

10Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Re: Why was Megson hated so much? Sun Nov 01 2015, 20:59

It was under Megson that I decided that it was no longer worth paying to go and watch Bolton Wanderers play.

He managed to remove every last drop of enjoyment out of the experience and turned match days into something to be endured rather than enjoyed.

And the fact that he's still not got a job now speaks volumes.

11Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Re: Why was Megson hated so much? Sun Nov 01 2015, 21:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barb Dwyer wrote:
karlypants wrote:I agree with Norpig.

He got sacked after the Hull game. The match at Blackburn was when he had a go at the fans.
Yeah that was it!

Can't believe that I had forgotten as I went to that game.

12Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Re: Why was Megson hated so much? Sun Nov 01 2015, 21:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Barb Dwyer wrote:
The football we play now makes the stuff served up by Megson look like Barcelona.

I don't think it does, even though he had more money to spend and inherited a better squad than any manager in our history.

13Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Re: Why was Megson hated so much? Sun Nov 01 2015, 21:42

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
He beat Manure at home and drew with B.M away, surly that has to count for something.

And what about losing at home to Sheff United, Northampton, Portsmouth, Wigan, Fulham, Blackburn, 5-1 away at Villa?

A few great results doesn't excuse countless embarrassing ones. Loads of crap teams have somehow manufactured wins against United and teams alike over the years. It's absolutely irrelevant in terms of this debate.

14Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Re: Why was Megson hated so much? Mon Nov 02 2015, 06:22

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

And what about losing at home to Sheff United, Northampton, Portsmouth, Wigan, Fulham, Blackburn, 5-1 away at Villa?

A few great results doesn't excuse countless embarrassing ones. Loads of crap teams have somehow manufactured wins against United and teams alike over the years. It's absolutely irrelevant in terms of this debate.

Not really , I don't mind losing to them teams above,I think he was the first Bolton manager to beat UTD at home, it's not like big Sam lost to any shit is it?
Portsmouth beat us 4-0 under Sam.
Megson will always be a Bolton Legend in my eyes for beating UTD, irrelevant or not

15Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Re: Why was Megson hated so much? Mon Nov 02 2015, 09:27

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

scottjames30 wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

Megson will always be a Bolton Legend in my eyes
Wow, what a statement that is!

Have you been sniffing glue or summat?

The words Megson and legend definitely don't belong in the same sentence.

16Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Re: Why was Megson hated so much? Mon Nov 02 2015, 09:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was over-cautious in his style of play but he'd have got away with it if he had kept his mouth shut.

17Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Re: Why was Megson hated so much? Tue Nov 03 2015, 16:24

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

scottjames30 wrote:I can't get my head round it, was it because he was dull?

If I could turn back the clock, I'd have him over Freedman or Lennon, not sure about Coyle because Coyle had a great season with us.u
Just wondering becsuse the fans were vile towards Megson, but Lennon has the worst win record of them all put together.

I'm beginning to think that the Bolton fans expected too much too soon, what do you think?

And why was Megson hated the way he was?

WUM

18Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Re: Why was Megson hated so much? Wed Nov 04 2015, 00:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just everything about the man. 

a real grade a twat.

19Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Re: Why was Megson hated so much? Wed Nov 04 2015, 08:28

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

scottjames30 wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

Not really , I don't mind losing to them teams above,I think he was the first Bolton manager to beat UTD at home, it's not like big Sam lost to any shit is it?
Portsmouth beat us 4-0 under Sam.
Megson will always be a Bolton Legend in my eyes for beating UTD, irrelevant or not
Beating Utd legend status - come on! Until Fergie became Utd manager Bolton had beaten utd more times than utd had beaten Bolton.

Fact is Megson didn't want to come to the club in the first place - he wanted to stay at Leicester and made that known. He was always putting the club down, calling it a small club that the players were rubbish etc - even though we'd finished in the top 8 the previous season.

His style of play was crap and we kept losing leads. No Megson was a poor choice in the Premiership.

He did spot some good talent, and he is right about getting people in who can score goals - Matt Taylor for instance.

Time we had a former defender as a manager rather than a former forward or midfielder.

20Why was Megson hated so much? Empty Re: Why was Megson hated so much? Wed Nov 04 2015, 13:16

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not my favorite but he did keep us in the Prem ..... didn't he also sign Cahill and Mavis ?

So not the worst  we ever had...... although he was given money to spend...unlike the others.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum