Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Corbyn Nuts not to bomb Syria?

+8
scottjames30
Norpig
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
Chairmanda
rammywhite
xmiles
Bolton Nuts
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Personally I think he makes very good points.
Cameron on the other hand is spinning old emotive lines such as... 

“We have to hit these terrorists in their heartlands right now and we must not shirk our responsibility for security, or hand it to others. Throughout our history, the United Kingdom has stood up to defend our values and our way of life. We can, and we must, do so again.”

To me that is so transparent. A line to try to get people who don't know what's going on on board. And there are so many of them around that he might just end up with enough sheep.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

No he isn't nuts but unfortunately he doesn't really seem to do politics. I am sure he is a very decent principled man but I can't see him surviving the constant media attacks. Even when he does nothing wrong the mdeia manipulate coverage to portray him in a bad light.

Personally I don't believe the Cameron bullshit but can't see any practical difference between bombing ISIS in Iraq and bombing them in Syria. Not that our military contribution is going to have that much impact anyway.

Last edited by xmiles on Fri 27 Nov - 13:22; edited 1 time in total

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm ambivalent about this- the only real gains in terms of territory have been made by the Peshmerga (the Kurds) who have personnel on the ground. Others have been bombing them for years with no real effect. The terrorists are not uniformed, so they can simply melt away into the general population.
I would rather do three things;
a) support the Peshmerga in any way we can and encourage them to fight beyond the territory that they claim as being theirs. In other words they become our proxy boots on the ground.

b) find how IS are being funded and hit that. Starve them of funds and dry up their illegal oil sales and that will stop them in terms of being an 'army' on the ground. It won't affect their terrorist events. 

c) continue to take out their top people- and we can do that using the current air power and drones in operation

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Naturally the common people don't want war, that is understood, but the people can always brought to the will of the leaders. That is easy, all you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in every country.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

...does that sound familiar? Hermann Goering said it at the Nuremberg war trials.

Chairmanda wrote:...does that sound familiar? Hermann Goering said it at the Nuremberg war trials.

I thought it was a tad strident for you, Mand.

I was worried for a sec........

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I suspect BA Systems are down on their quarterly figures so they are demanding their puppets dance to get business moving again. The last thing the Tories need ATM is unhappy shareholders.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Too many planes and drones already flying for too few targets.
Take the oilfields out that they use to fund their activities?
Or are oilfields sacred?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think people are now starting to think it may not have been such a good idea making him leader. I'm sure he's a lovely chap but his views are at odds with most of the Parliamentary Labour party and i would be amazed to see him last a year as leader.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:I suspect BA Systems are down on their quarterly figures so they are demanding their puppets dance to get business moving again. The last thing the Tories need ATM is unhappy shareholders.
Lusty, I honestly don't think that BAe's quarterly numbers will determine our decision to spend millions on a bombing campaign. BAe makes no money in the UK anyway- all its profits are derived from its US operations

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:i think people are now starting to think it may not have been such a good idea making him leader. I'm sure he's a lovely chap but his views are at odds with most of the Parliamentary Labour party and i would be amazed to see him last a year as leader.
I say keep him- we all need a good laugh from time to time and having this very principled nutter in charge provides us all with that good laugh. Give him another couple of years- then get shut and get a decent politician in before the next election

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the only problem with that is that any of the floating voters in middle England will be put off by his so-called loony left leanings. The Labour Party will not win the next election and may struggle for many years. Trouble is i can't see a candidate who fits the bill at the moment to replace Corbyn.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:the only problem with that is that any of the floating voters in middle England will be put off by his so-called loony left leanings. The Labour Party will not win the next election and may struggle for many years. Trouble is i can't see a candidate who fits the bill at the moment to replace Corbyn.

And that is the problem. The other candidates in the Labour party leadership campaign were a pathetic lot but then who would make a good leader now? I certainly can't think of any viable candidate. So even if Corbyn is replaced I don't think things will improve. Our only hope is that the Tories will lose the next election as more people realise just what they have let themselves in for by voting for the bastards.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Soul Kitchen wrote:Too many planes and drones already flying for too few targets.
Or are oilfields sacred?

The only reason any Western country ended up getting involved is because of the oil.

Do people really think our governments go to war in other countries on moral grounds and to give the people equal rights?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I used to fight and be up for bombing, but now I've found Jesus i always ask myself ' what would Jesus do'.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I used to fight and be up for bombing, but now I've found Jesus i always ask myself ' what would Jesus do'.
He'd get on down.
Is Corbyn Nuts not to bomb Syria? H7C67082B

That's Angus Young's twin neck SG he's got there.

Wanna tell you a storay.....

'Bout some loaves and a fish....

When it comes to butties.....

Ooh, it's quite a dish.....

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I suspect BA Systems are down on their quarterly figures so they are demanding their puppets dance to get business moving again. The last thing the Tories need ATM is unhappy shareholders.
BAe makes no money in the UK anyway- all its profits are derived from its US operations

Oh! - they get all their money from headquarters?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Too many planes and drones already flying for too few targets.
Or are oilfields sacred?

It's a Christian thing. 

Thou shalt not trash the cash cow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum