Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ex-Whites and USMNT star Ream wary of wounded Wanderers

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tim Ream heads back to the Macron Stadium tomorrow with a Fulham side wary of taking Wanderers' position at rock bottom for granted.

The US international knows all too well what it is like being at the wrong end with the Whites after experiencing the struggles in recent years under Neil Lennon and his predecessors Dougie Freedman and Owen Coyle.

But even he did not experience things as low as they are currently with the off-field financial situation compounding matters on the pitch.

Knowing the Whites squad as he does, however, Ream admits his present side will have to be up for a battle this weekend.

Ream told the Fulham website: "They’re allegedly fighting for their pay cheque, they’re fighting for their lives, literally.

"They have no other option, they’re bottom of the table.

“They’re pretty much in the shop window, every single one of their players, so they’re going to come out with a lot of energy and they’re going to do everything they can to dig themselves out of a hole.

"We have to be absolutely ready from the first whistle.”

The 28-year-old left Wanderers for west London in August after three-and-a-half years in Lancashire.

And while much of that was spent in the second tier following the Whites' relegation from the top flight in 2012, Ream admits he enjoyed his time with the club.

The American left after picking up a second successive club Player-of-the-Year award and was a popular member of the squad.

And while he heads back north aiming to profit from Wanderers' troubles with his current employers, he is looking forward to catching up with old friends.

He added: "I had three really good years there, and going back will be a little different as I’m playing on the away side.

"But I’m looking forward to going back and seeing old faces and chatting face to face instead of through text messages.”

Despite his fondness for Wanderers the ex-New York Red Bulls star knows his own team's needs are just as important after defeat to Ipswich in midweek stretched their winless run to seven matches.

And he hopes to end that barren run back on familiar territory.

Ream said: "If we can keep it at zeros, and even go up a goal, I think everyone fancies our chances with the way we can move the ball around and create opportunities to put the ball in the back of the net.

“We’ll have a recap on Wednesday and get right back out on the pitch and try to rectify the mistakes that we made.”

Source

KillerGorilla

KillerGorilla
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Hopefully our attackrs will capitalise on this lads mistakes he used to make one every game for us

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum