Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Bolton Player Only You Liked

+15
Sluffy
Harold77
Michael Bolton
doffcocker
Bernard Dennis Park
Mallorca Trotter
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
Quent
bwfc71
largehat
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 10:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Every Bolton fan has one, the player you liked or rated but everyone else thought was a pile of crap. Come on, be honest.

Mine was Stuart Storer. Slated by the majority of Bolton fans but he had the potential to be Lionel Messi.

2The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 10:29

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I generally always stuck up for Danny bratten... longer than most did anyway.

when he scored the screamer against reading I thought, here we go! im right, he's found his feet...

alas, I was wrong.

3The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 12:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I rated Wilhelmsson and i don't think he ever got a fair crack at it tbh.

4The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 12:06

Scott Green. Right wing, right back, striker he could do anything.

5The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 13:32

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Fadiga, pity he has a dicky ticker.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

6The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 13:49

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Simon Coleman.

7The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 13:50

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Damn you, LH, I was going to say Simon Coleman!

8The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 14:24

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I always rated Nicky Hunt. I was definitely the only one.

9The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 14:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sebastien Puygrenier.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

10The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 14:46

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Julian Darby

11The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 15:01

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Quent wrote:I always rated Nicky Hunt. I was definitely the only one.

Not at all. Natasha thinks if he was still at BWFC he would be our best player and captain. Even though he's now in league two.

12The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 16:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

Not at all. Natasha thinks if he was still at BWFC he would be our best player and captain. Even though he's now in league two.

Life is a very strange thing Largehat, often during your lifetime you hit a crossroads that can shape your life forever. If Nicky Hunt hadn't become such a bigtime Charlie and thought he was Lionel Messi he could have buckled down and become a better player. He chose not to.

13The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 16:23

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I kind of see what you are saying Nat but I don't think being a Big Time Charlie makes the difference between being the best player at an established PL club and having a trial at league two clubs, still in your 20s.

14The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 16:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He didn't have the talent or upside to become that player.

15The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 16:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I kind of see what you are saying Nat but I don't think being a Big Time Charlie makes the difference between being the best player at an established PL club and having a trial at league two clubs, still in your 20s.

When I made that statement we had been relegated so technically we were a Championship club.

When he first came into the team he was a decent player who got forward more than any right back ever has since. If he'd been more interested in becoming a better player and beefing up a bit than spending his fortune he could have been a great player for us.

16The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 16:36

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Seeing as you have likened Stuart Storer to Messi, Nat, please can you liken Nicky Hunt to another more well known player? Ta.

17The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 16:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Seeing as you have likened Stuart Storer to Messi, Nat, please can you liken Nicky Hunt to another more well known player? Ta.

There are no good rightbacks at the moment in England, so if he'd done as I said he'd be playing on Friday against Johan.

18The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 16:41

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Come on, you can break international boundaries for Stuart Storer but not Nicky Hunt? Go on Nat, make me laugh. Please.

19The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 16:46

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

Jeff Chandler

20The Bolton Player Only You Liked Empty Re: The Bolton Player Only You Liked Wed Jun 13 2012, 16:47

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Mallorca Trotter wrote:Jeff Chandler

Hmm wasn't Jeff Chandler considered our best player before he broke his leg?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum