Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bristol City 6-0 Bolton

+21
Natasha Whittam
Fabians Right Peg
MartinBWFC
xmiles
Chairmanda
Alf Hooker
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
wessy
FullofSprite
terenceanne
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Numpty 28723
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
rammywhite
karlypants
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 20 2016, 06:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought we played ok.

62Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 20 2016, 09:06

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Well, what an absolute embarrassment. I don't know how those bastards can look at themselves in the mirror. To lose 6 nil against a very average team like Bristol City tells the story of our season. No passion, no fight, no skill and no desire whatsoever to try and show a bit of pride, not only for the club and the supporters, but for themselves. They absolutely don't give a shit. They are more than happy to embarrass us all as a whole and even though they should be ashamed I'm guessing that it won't bother them one bit. They should be put in a room with the poor bastards who spent good money to go down there and witness that fucking shambles of a performance and reimburse them with interest.

63Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 20 2016, 09:21

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think the malaise in the club must be far deeper than we imagined. The dragged out takeover,the threat of no wages,the removal of Lennon, perhaps the scepticism around the new owners and what they intend or may have to do has affected the players more than we think. Hence perhaps all they want to do is get this season over with and get out of the club as soon as they can( i.e.this summer) so they can resurrect whats left of their careers elsewhere.
There's a bit of me that says I can't blame them.
We're now a shambles,an embarrassment as a football club with nothing going for us but a dwindling number of loyal fans- and that was on public display yesterday.
I doubt if we'll pick up more than two or three points between now and the end of the season.

The players had no pride,no passion no bottle and no willingness yesterday. I reckon that perhaps only two or three who were on the pitch yesterday will be wearing our shirt next season -and that'll be because no-one else wants them.
I've got a lousy gut feeling that the worst is yet to come.
I'm not usually a miserable bastard- but this morning there's no light at the end of the football tunnel.

64Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 20 2016, 10:25

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Very silly team selection today.

Why move Holding to right back to accommodate the injury prone Wheater? Holding has been our best defender so he should have stayed at centre half.

Walker? Has he ever lasted 90 minutes? Mavies? Again?

It seems it doesn't matter who is in charge, the clown infection takes hold immediately.
Derik, not Holding, played at right back.....and was like a fish out of water. Flat-footedness and a lack of protection meant that the back four were overrun. Wheater and Holding as a combination were a disaster.

Some seemed to stop running:- now we know why Lennon kept faith with Feeney, limited though he may be. Many of our youngsters simply don't have the physical power necessary.

65Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 20 2016, 12:44

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Oh. Jesus. 6? Are we going to find out that Lennon had them playing out their skin?

66Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 20 2016, 12:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:If people don't think this could have happened under Lennon then they are deluded, I have seen a few teams away from home who could have put 5 or 6 past us, Boro and Forest just to name 2 and not forgetting Rotheram, QPR and Huddersfield have all knocked four past us this season.

Lennon may have done slightly better, he could have done worse, but we still would have lost.

Lennon has rightly gone, now to get rid of some of the dead wood in the squad and build for next year.
Fabian, I understand why you believe getting Lennon out is the right thing although I personally disagree. 

However, your last sentence begs two questions. 

How are we going to get rid of the deadwood when no one else will match some of the insane wages they're on? 

With what will we build for next year? From everything we've seen of the new owners so far (ie can't pay 100K to Liverpool so begged for a deferment to allow Spearing to play) they don't have any more money with which to buy players in. 

I hate to sound so negative about all this but I don't see us doing much of anything in the summer. A few might go out from the development and youth setup but I can't see first team quality players coming in even at L1 level. Not only that but who's going to even want the manager's job when things are still clearly a total mess.

I don't disagree, I cant see us doing better than mid table even in league 1, the likes of holding, clayton, vela, clough. threkeld are going to have to play out of their skins and do a lot of growing up fast for us even to achieve that.

The manager issue may not be that bad, after all there are only so many professional football clubs in the country, but we may not get the quality we want, suspect we will have to gamble on an untried ex-pro.
Holding and Woolery are probably leaving in the summer. Contracts are up and we haven't got the money to compete to sign them.
We know some other players are leaving but the we are stuck with the majority and their wage bills so we can't even "get rid of the dead wood" as you suggest FRP.
The incoming manager is going to have to work with what we have to a large extent.

67Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 20 2016, 13:26

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:If people don't think this could have happened under Lennon then they are deluded, I have seen a few teams away from home who could have put 5 or 6 past us, Boro and Forest just to name 2 and not forgetting Rotheram, QPR and Huddersfield have all knocked four past us this season.

Lennon may have done slightly better, he could have done worse, but we still would have lost.

Lennon has rightly gone, now to get rid of some of the dead wood in the squad and build for next year.
Fabian, I understand why you believe getting Lennon out is the right thing although I personally disagree. 

How are we going to get rid of the deadwood when no one else will match some of the insane wages they're on? 

With what will we build for next year? From everything we've seen of the new owners so far (ie can't pay 100K to Liverpool so begged for a deferment to allow Spearing to play) they don't have any more money with which to buy players in. 

I hate to sound so negative about all this but I don't see us doing much of anything in the summer. A few might go out from the development and youth setup but I can't see first team quality players coming in even at L1 level. Not only that but who's going to even want the manager's job when things are still clearly a total mess.
Add to luckypeterpiper's comment, if I may, a new manager rarely gets rid of "deadwood" as they don't know who that is. New manager assumes that problems were with old regime, it's now a clean slate and those very same players you call "deadwood" remain in the squad.

If you wanted to get rid of deadwood, then you would have given Lennon some room to hang himself as previous manager knows more about who is "deadwood" than an incoming manager who assume the best and will try to keep hold of as much of the squad as possible.

Only hope is Holdsworth knows who he wants out and goes from there

68Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 20 2016, 13:30

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The supporters didn't deserve that yesterday, and the only thing I can think of that would go just a little way for the team to redeem themselves, is for the whole bunch to offer to pay a weeks wages to charity, because they certainly didn't earn them on that showing.
Woolery, tried, and had a few moments, as did Tom Walker. Moxey played now and them. Pratley, I don't understand how he thinks running into people can be considered tackling, and he got worse as the game went on.
I've not seen Madine play, and bowed down to others opinions of him. After yesterday, I can see exactly what they meant. A single tackle player, and even that was powder puff. No guile, no effort, and no help to any of the others. Disappeared for periods of the game, and then took to falling down in tackles. A complete waste of time and money, and should be kicked out asap.
All the off-field goings on have been bad enough, but when your team takes to the field with no obvious plan, no shape, and no apparent tactics, and worse, with no fight, then the future really doesn't bode well. I genuinely believe they should be ashamed of themselves for that performance. Possibly the worst, or near to it, that I've seen in the 54 years I've supported them.

69Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 20 2016, 15:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They have to speak to the media sooner or later. It will be interesting.

70Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 20 2016, 17:36

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

I don't disagree, I cant see us doing better than mid table even in league 1, the likes of holding, clayton, vela, clough. threkeld are going to have to play out of their skins and do a lot of growing up fast for us even to achieve that.

The manager issue may not be that bad, after all there are only so many professional football clubs in the country, but we may not get the quality we want, suspect we will have to gamble on an untried ex-pro.
Holding and Woolery are probably leaving in the summer. Contracts are up and we haven't got the money to compete to sign them.
We know some other players are leaving but the we are stuck with the majority and their wage bills so we can't even "get rid of the dead wood" as you suggest FRP.
The incoming manager is going to have to work with what we have to a large extent.

Disagree completely, we can't afford what we have in league 1 the deadwood will be shifted on as a necessity, either by letting them go on frees with a pay off to supplement any drop in wages, bit like the deal we tried with Mavies to Wednesday or if we are lucky the odd player sale.

we will need the odd player though to replace any outs and any 'frees' coming to the club will demand some signing on fee, so hopefully  that won't be more than woolery and holding would demand so who knows, it's wait and see time.

As a side note be happier to loose clough rather than holding or woolery.

71Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 20 2016, 17:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:

So you'd rather lose the only player in our squad who has shown potential to be half decent?

72Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 20 2016, 20:06

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:

So you'd rather lose the only player in our squad who has shown potential to be half decent?

Holding has shown equal potential in my opinion and only time will tell if Clough's potential is worth the gamble, at the moment he clearly can't handle the physical side of the game. We are struggling for money to build a decent squad the sale of clough could mean we are able to sign two youngster in Holding and Woolery without increasing wages.

For me if it is either or I would take the two.

73Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 20 2016, 20:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Holding has been "ok" and nothing more. Let's just say he's not as shit as the rest of them at the back.

Woolery has done fuck all, bar the odd run and simple tap in.

Clough has been poor of late, but he's proved he will score goals at this level.

74Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 20 2016, 20:43

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

4 or 5 goals this season in how many appearances is hardly prolific, in fact if Woolery had the same game time I suspect he would be on the same.

75Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 20 2016, 21:39

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'd like to see us keep both Clough and Woolery. Given how little service they've had from the shambles calling itself a midfield I doubt any striker could really set the world alight but both of them seem like very good prospects to me especially if we can inject some pace and accuracy into the middle of the park to feed them. 

My feeling is that letting go of any of the younger lads who've appeared in the first team this season could well be a mistake, that in the long term we should really be looking to build a team around them rather than trying to replace them. 

Whether or not that turns out to be feasible will obviously depend on finances and whether or not we can afford to bring in the new blood needed. I'm pessimistic on that score as you all know but would certainly be very happy to be proven wrong.

76Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Fri Mar 25 2016, 20:03

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sparky and Madine taking a 6 nil drubbing well

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

77Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Fri Mar 25 2016, 21:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The easy life Boggers, rewarded whether or not you perform at work. 

Only normal folk can dream of!

78Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Fri Mar 25 2016, 22:17

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Sparky and Madine taking a 6 nil drubbing well

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Set of tw@ts.

79Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Fri Mar 25 2016, 23:22

Can we have a date, location and some further provenance for that pic, Boggers?

Just out of interest.

In the spirit of fair and unbiased reporting, which I am sure is one of the core tenets of your input on here given your past contributions to this site - You don't make shit up, do you....?

Wouldn't want anyone making the mistake of believing that a picture of Gary "Obvious Cunt" Madine partying on a beach in a daft hat was from ages ago had been taken recently, would we?

Especially if our intentions were genuine and we were honestly trying to suggest that the picture in question had been taken just after we got pumped by a poor Bristol City side last week.

You called Pete a shit wum last week.

He's not - He's a bloke who's grown up watching The Wanderers and who still cares deeply about what happens to the team and posts his opinions and thoughts on the subject from the heart.

Yeah, he bangs on a bit and he's a bit overly negative on occasion but at the moment but he's genuine.

Are you.....?

80Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sat Mar 26 2016, 06:53

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well it's obviously from a snapchat, considering it's international weekend It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

honestly i don't care, these guys have proven they don't give a shite about our club by the way they perform on the pitch, what they do off it is up to them.

sooner these morons are shipped out the better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum