Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bristol City 6-0 Bolton

+21
Natasha Whittam
Fabians Right Peg
MartinBWFC
xmiles
Chairmanda
Alf Hooker
Norpig
Bolton Nuts
wessy
FullofSprite
terenceanne
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Numpty 28723
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
rammywhite
karlypants
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sat Mar 26 2016, 13:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yesterday at 11:22 pm

[url=/u497]Breadman[/url]

[url=/u497][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]
Most Intelligent Poster 2015

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Can we have a date, location and some further provenance for that pic, Boggers"

25/05/16. Marbella

82Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sat Mar 26 2016, 13:55

How did you get your mits on it?

83Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sat Mar 26 2016, 14:10

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am friends with Odelusi on snapchat

84Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sat Mar 26 2016, 15:37

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:

Yesterday at 11:22 pm

[url=/u497]Breadman[/url]

[url=/u497][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url]
Most Intelligent Poster 2015

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Can we have a date, location and some further provenance for that pic, Boggers"

25/05/16. Marbella
Time travelling tw@ts.

85Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sat Mar 26 2016, 20:17

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I like a man with foresight, but 2 months to the day,  Very Happy

86Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 27 2016, 10:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Life is for living, I hope they had a belter, I wish I was there with them on the piss.

87Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 27 2016, 12:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Yeah, he bangs on a bit and he's a bit overly negative on occasion but at the moment but he's genuine.

Can you post your proof that LPP is genuine please.

88Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 27 2016, 12:35

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Facts rule.

89Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 27 2016, 13:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:If people don't think this could have happened under Lennon then they are deluded, I have seen a few teams away from home who could have put 5 or 6 past us, Boro and Forest just to name 2 and not forgetting Rotheram, QPR and Huddersfield have all knocked four past us this season.

Lennon may have done slightly better, he could have done worse, but we still would have lost.

Lennon has rightly gone, now to get rid of some of the dead wood in the squad and build for next year.
Fabian, I understand why you believe getting Lennon out is the right thing although I personally disagree. 

However, your last sentence begs two questions. 

How are we going to get rid of the deadwood when no one else will match some of the insane wages they're on? 

With what will we build for next year? From everything we've seen of the new owners so far (ie can't pay 100K to Liverpool so begged for a deferment to allow Spearing to play) they don't have any more money with which to buy players in. 

I hate to sound so negative about all this but I don't see us doing much of anything in the summer. A few might go out from the development and youth setup but I can't see first team quality players coming in even at L1 level. Not only that but who's going to even want the manager's job when things are still clearly a total mess.

I don't disagree, I cant see us doing better than mid table even in league 1, the likes of holding, clayton, vela, clough. threkeld are going to have to play out of their skins and do a lot of growing up fast for us even to achieve that.

The manager issue may not be that bad, after all there are only so many professional football clubs in the country, but we may not get the quality we want, suspect we will have to gamble on an untried ex-pro.
Holding and Woolery are probably leaving in the summer. Contracts are up and we haven't got the money to compete to sign them.
We know some other players are leaving but the we are stuck with the majority and their wage bills so we can't even "get rid of the dead wood" as you suggest FRP.
The incoming manager is going to have to work with what we have to a large extent.

Disagree completely, we can't afford what we have in league 1 the deadwood will be shifted on as a necessity, either by letting them go on frees with a pay off to supplement any drop in wages, bit like the deal we tried with Mavies to Wednesday or if we are lucky the odd player sale.

we will need the odd player though to replace any outs and any 'frees' coming to the club will demand some signing on fee, so hopefully  that won't be more than woolery and holding would demand so who knows, it's wait and see time.

As a side note be happier to loose clough rather than holding or woolery.
How can you disagree? Can you force other clubs to take our dross and pay their extravagant wages? Can you force the high earners to take a reduction in wages just so we can ship them out?

You can't and neither can the club. 
And because we'll be unlikely to shift many, if any of them, we'll have a massive wage bill and will be unlikely to be able to afford to resign Woolery and Holding seeing as Deano hasn't got a pot to piss in and we are still teetering on the edge of bankruptcy.

There's a big difference between what we'd like the club to do and what the club can actually do. And I'll be gobsmacked if they manage to clear out more than 3 that remain in contract beyond this summer.

90Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 27 2016, 17:11

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Breadman wrote:
Yeah, he bangs on a bit and he's a bit overly negative on occasion but at the moment but he's genuine.

Can you post your proof that LPP is genuine please.
In what way Nat? Am I a 46 yr old man who's supported the Trotters for almost forty of them? Yes.

And frankly, you asking for proof that I'm real is a bit weird given the high likelihood that you're some 50 yr old bald bloke sitting around in his skivvies pretending to be rich businesswoman on an internet forum.

And given how negative so many of your posts are I think it's a bit cheeky to say the least for you to deride anyone else for being negative.

Of course it may be that you don't actually understand my posts due to the lack of vernacular terms and use of polysyllabic words within properly structured sentences but that's hardly my fault. 

If you can't comprehend basic English grammar then please don't trouble yourself to read my posts. I frankly do not care either way what you or boggers may think of me and I will continue to post my thoughts as I see fit. I do of course fully expect you to do the same.

91Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 27 2016, 18:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:In what way Nat? Am I a 46 yr old man who's supported the Trotters for almost forty of them? Yes.

I'm a 157 year old tortoise called George and have followed the Wanderers since I invented the game back in the 19th century.

See, anyone can write bollocks on a forum.

I'll need your birth certificate and a photograph of you at a Bolton match every year since 1976.

Then I might consider you are real.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Sun Mar 27 2016, 19:11; edited 1 time in total

92Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 27 2016, 18:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:In what way Nat? Am I a 46 yr old man who's supported the Trotters for almost forty of them? Yes.

I'm a 157 year old tortoise called George and have followed the Wanderers since I invented the game back in the 19th century.

I'll need your birth certificate and a photograph of you at a Bolton match ever year since 1976.

:facepalm:

93Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 27 2016, 19:24

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm an old tortoise called George and have followed the Wanderers since I invented the game back in the 19th century.

I'll need your birth certificate and a photograph of you at a Bolton match ever year since 1976.

That bit is believable.

94Bristol City 6-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Bristol City 6-0 Bolton Sun Mar 27 2016, 20:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm an old tortoise called George and have followed the Wanderers since I invented the game back in the 19th century.

That bit is believable.
True that Martin. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum