Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm looking forward to League 1

+11
wanderlust
Copper Dragon
MartinBWFC
Fabians Right Peg
wessy
finlaymcdanger
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
Norpig
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21I'm looking forward to League 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm looking forward to League 1 Thu Mar 17 2016, 09:20

I'm old skool and I don't give a shit about the Prem and all its hype.

I've said it before, but I'd honestly rather watch a team that looks like it gives a shit and tries to play football in the fourth division than a bunch of massively over-paid ponces strolling about in the Prem, who are only concerned about how great their beard looks and whether or not they've been sent the absolutely latest, most up do date version of their pink boots by their sponsor.

If we do some day get back to the Prem, fair enough.

But if we don't, provided we've still got a club to support, I honestly don't give a shit.

22I'm looking forward to League 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm looking forward to League 1 Thu Mar 17 2016, 20:23

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Still be going next season regardless, and the season after that and so on. At some point our fortunes will bottom out and turn upwards, hopefully next season, even if it is a consolidation season.

23I'm looking forward to League 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm looking forward to League 1 Thu Mar 17 2016, 20:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love the way "overpaid ponce" has become part of the vocabulary on here and other Bolton forums.

I'm an icon.

24I'm looking forward to League 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm looking forward to League 1 Thu Mar 17 2016, 21:10

Natasha Whittam wrote:I love the way "overpaid ponce" has become part of the vocabulary on here and other Bolton forums.

I'm a gay icon.

Smile

25I'm looking forward to League 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm looking forward to League 1 Fri Mar 18 2016, 16:02

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:We wont't come back up, we'll be lucky to avoid going down again. As to SS making "good decisions" that may be the funniest post I've read today. They asked Liverpool to "defer" a payment of 100K until the summer in order to allow the new manager to pick Jay Spearing because right now we can't without triggering a clause in the deal to buy him and they can't afford to pay it

Boy that really fills me with optimism that our new owners are going to be able to balance the books and not saddle us with yet more debt that will prevent us from strengthening the squad come the summer. Not.

How do you know they can't afford it? Nixon said they could they chose not to pay it.

Think I'll believe him over you
 Nixon's just about as accurate in his ITK statements as you are so I'm not surprised you'll believe him. I wouldn't be surprised to find out you ARE him. Wink

More seriously though I think you're wearing blinkers if the fact they're trying to avoid paying such a paltry sum so soon after taking over is at least worrying. And if they can afford it then why not just pay it and be done with it? Why are they asking for a deferment if they can pay the bill? It's 100K, less than a weeks wages for some Premier League players. Personally the very fact they're seeking to delay such a paltry bill is alarming to say the least.

26I'm looking forward to League 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm looking forward to League 1 Fri Mar 18 2016, 16:07

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You know nothing you numpty.

Why pay it? He's shit, we are down and we won't be paying crazy wages like that in league one. Sports shield have done the correct thing and given him plenty of time to find a new club. 

You numpty.

27I'm looking forward to League 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm looking forward to League 1 Fri Mar 18 2016, 16:08

Therein lies the problem though, Pete.

People are still guilty of adopting the mindset that says a hundred grand represents a paltry sum.

It isn't.

We're a League One outfit now and we need to cut our cloth accordingly.

Forget the Premier League and the players in it who earn £120K a week.

That's irrelevant to us now because we move in completely different circles.

Surely you can see that?

28I'm looking forward to League 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm looking forward to League 1 Fri Mar 18 2016, 16:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think they are being realistic and are trying to get him off the wage bill as soon as possible.If the rumours on wages are to be believed then Feeney and Spearings joint wages would be £35K per week and obviously we can't continue with wages like that in league 1

29I'm looking forward to League 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm looking forward to League 1 Fri Mar 18 2016, 16:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I love the way "overpaid ponce" has become part of the vocabulary on here and other Bolton forums.
Yes. It's been increasing in popularity since I first coined the phrase years ago on another site.

30I'm looking forward to League 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm looking forward to League 1 Sat Mar 19 2016, 18:50

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

After todays performance, I suggest we get ready for non league

31I'm looking forward to League 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm looking forward to League 1 Sat Mar 19 2016, 19:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see Hull are scrapping season tickets next season. Is this the way forward for us?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

32I'm looking forward to League 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm looking forward to League 1 Sat Mar 19 2016, 19:16

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

FullofSprite wrote:After todays performance, I suggest we get ready for non league
Can I be Chairmanda?

33I'm looking forward to League 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm looking forward to League 1 Sat Mar 19 2016, 19:20

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

A few things to note for next season, we have played a league one team already this year in Burton and lost. We have just played a team who came up from league one last year and been hammered 6-0 and we are below all the promoted teams from last years league 1.

Blackpool are sat just one place above the relegation zone, so it may not all be a bed of roses next year without some major changes at the club.

34I'm looking forward to League 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm looking forward to League 1 Sat Mar 19 2016, 23:26

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fabians Right Peg wrote:A few things to note for next season, we have played a league one team already this year in Burton and lost. We have just played a team who came up from league one last year and been hammered 6-0 and we are below all the promoted teams from last years league 1.

Blackpool are sat just one place above the relegation zone, so it may not all be a bed of roses next year without some major changes at the club.
I'm afraid you're right and sadly I don't see those major changes happening any time soon.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum