Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jussi Jaaskelainen: Phil Brown would be just the job for Bolton

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jussi Jaaskelainen believes Phil Brown would be the perfect choice to take the vacant manager’s job at Wanderers.

The legendary Finn, third in the club’s all-time appearances makers with 530 games, is currently helping Wigan Athletic to promotion from League One.

But Jaaskelainen has kept an eye on events at the Macron, where his son Will signed professional terms last year.

Brown remains the bookmakers’ favourite for the job despite his current club Southend United pulling out all the stops to keep him, while ex-Whites skipper Kevin Nolan has also been mentioned as a potential successor to Neil Lennon.

“Browny would be a very good choice for Bolton, because he has very good experience in League One, the Championship and also the Premier League,” said the 41-year-old.

“I feel they need to get a manager who knows League One inside out, and Browny at the moment looks the best option for that.

“Kevin (Nolan) is still probably stuck between playing and managing.

“He will be a great manager one day but maybe, at this moment in time, Browny would be the best choice.”

Jaaskelainen signed a new one-year deal with the Latics last month and has no plans to hang up his gloves just yet.

“I will hopefully getting involved on the goalkeeping side, to pass on my experience to young goalkeepers,” he said of his chances of moving into management himself.

“I think I would be good at that job, but that's it.

“Hopefully that won't be for another three years, because I still feel I've got a little bit left.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum