Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Pratley - BROKEN LEG! - OUT FOR 8 to 10 WEEKS!!!

+11
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
gloswhite
scottjames30
wanderlust
okocha
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Who gives a shit what miles are put in.  He could jog round the outskirts of the pitch for 90 minutes as a sub and be more useful

You didn't even go, your opinion counts for shit.

Every good team needs a engine. Hull have scored shitloads of goals this season yet couldn't get past us - thanks in part to Pratley, Danns and Derik.

People who know football know he was MoM.
Bet i saw more than you.  Do you have sky in your council flat?  Didnt think so

wanderlust wrote:
Breadman wrote:I want to test something here:

Nat, what colour is the sky?
Trick questions aren't always empirical, depending on what you are actually testing.

I think that if you asked a random selection of people, the general consensus would be that the sky is demonstrably blue.

However, I would expect Whittam to come out with something edgy like purple or green.

Just because....you know....that thing she does.

Breadman wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Breadman wrote:I want to test something here:

Nat, what colour is the sky?
Trick questions aren't always empirical, depending on what you are actually testing.

I think that if you asked a random selection of people, the general consensus would be that the sky is demonstrably blue.

However, I would expect Whittam to come out with something edgy like purple or green.

Just because....you know....shes a dick.
Fixed

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Utter rubbish ever since he arrived, fuck him off.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I don't think he was the best player on the park, The busiest maybe, but not the best. As for tackling, he doesn't. He runs into people and knocks them over.
Who gave him the MotM award ? Was it Beagrie, or SKD ? Either way, it was a poor choice.

Talking of poor performances, I saw a bit of Diva in Clough today. Didn't tackle and didn't do much else. Was blocked, and bounced off the ball, with no real effort to get stuck in.other than run back and fore. I doubt many will buy him on that performance.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i was there Nat and he was as shit in the flesh as he appeared on telly. He is awful and just runs around like a headless chicken and constantly falls over

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i was there Nat and he was as shit in the flesh as he appeared on telly. He is awful and just runs around like a headless chicken and constantly falls over

He is shit, I'm not saying he's Ronaldo - but he is up and down that pitch for 90 minutes, few players can do that - especially at Bolton. He gets in the way and he breaks up opposition attacks.

Ridiculous people are having a pop at Pratley who is one of the few ponces to actually show some commitment.

Where was Mark Davies yesterday?

What's the point of running up and down the pitch if you do more for the opposition than your own team. Just goes to show,  being there in the flesh and your still fucking clueless.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:What's the point of running up and down the pitch if you do more for the opposition than your own team. Just goes to show,  being there in the flesh and your still fucking clueless.

Ok, you're right, we should take your word for it that Pratley had a poor game (even though you weren't there) over an ex-professional footballer who was there.

Makes perfect sense.

Hahahahaha.  Are you really this thick.   You are the only person on any social media who thinks he deserves motm.  Hahahahahaha.  Hahahahahahah

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Hahahahaha.  Are you really this thick.   You are the only person on any social media who thinks he deserves motm.  Hahahahahaha.  Hahahahahahah

Yes, people on social media are clearly the best society can offer.

I'll just leave it there. You can carry on making yourself less and less vesicle if you like. It's like kicking a puppy and i feel bad.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:You can carry on making yourself less and less vesicle if you like.

Fair play, that's the first time I've had to Google something you wrote.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Pratley was solid, not great but solid. I was there and he did more or less exactly what he was originally signed to do. He broke up their play and won the ball quite a bit. In the past he never needed to worry about passing etc, we had the likes Of Chungy, Mavies and Eagles all alongside him and Fabrice for that. 

I'm not saying he was amazing, just that his performance wasn't bad, especially given where we are and what his limitations are. In fact the whole team was solid, it was one of those where no one really stood out spectacularly for good or bad reasons imo. 

For some reason being live on Sky does seem to cause us to up our game particularly in terms of effort and that's what happened on Saturday. Shame we can't bribe Sky into making all our games live. We'd be in the CL in two years. Smile

So that's what we've been reduced to now, is it?

Describing running down blind alleys, giving the ball away cheaply, falling over into people and spending more time on your arse than on your feet as "solid".

Sorry Pete but I can't agree with what you've said.

Pratley was truly shite yesterday.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:So that's what we've been reduced to now, is it?

Describing running down blind alleys, giving the ball away cheaply, falling over into people and spending more time on your arse than on your feet as "solid".

Sorry Pete but I can't agree with what you've said.

Pratley was truly shite yesterday.
Bread I'm not saying he was brilliant (by the way he was awesome yesterday, he scored six in a garden kickabout. The day before wasn't so hot. Sorry mate, couldn't resist Very Happy ).

All I am saying is that he did by and large OK and yes, sadly that IS what we've been reduced to this season. OK is a major improvement over what we've seen in practically every other match we played. 

In truth I wouldn't have given an MOTM at all because no one was actually good but since it was given then I'd say Pratley was justifiable for it. That's not saying much by the way, it's just no one really stood out for me.

Well, he's still here and he's still captain.

Speaking about Pratley and Jay "Club Med" Spearing, PP has said:

"Prats is going to be captain, him and Jay (Spearing) have been the two that myself and Steve Parkin have sat down with and discussed discipline and fines."

This does not instil me with confidence about Parkinson's judgement and ability to read his players.

Hope I'm wrong...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Well, he's still here and he's still captain.

Speaking about Pratley and Jay "Club Med" Spearing, PP has said:

"Prats is going to be captain, him and Jay (Spearing) have been the two that myself and Steve Parkin have sat down with and discussed discipline and fines."

This does not instil me with confidence about Parkinson's judgement and ability to read his players.

Hope I'm wrong...

Who would you have chosen?

No idea - I've never spent any time in the company of the players and I've not seen them train.

However, I have seen Pratley play for Bolton and based on that, I'd rule him out.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why, does a captain have to be a good player?

There aren't exactly a shit load of choices, Pratley makes sense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum