Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Pratley - BROKEN LEG! - OUT FOR 8 to 10 WEEKS!!!

+11
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
gloswhite
scottjames30
wanderlust
okocha
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Natasha Whittam wrote:Why, does a captain have to be a good player?

There aren't exactly a shit load of choices, Pratley makes sense.

Is that a serious question?

If it is, go and have a Twirl then lie down in a dark room for a bit.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

"Prats is going to be captain, him and Jay (Spearing) have been the two that myself and Steve Parkin have sat down with and discussed discipline and fines."

What a weird statement. Sounds like one minute he's identifying the troublemakers and giving them a warning and the next minute appointing one of them captain.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Why, does a captain have to be a good player?

:facepalm:

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Played well today.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Any news about his injury?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Any news about his injury
Hopefully he's OK for our next league game, his work rate off the ball is brilliant.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Effing broken leg and out for 8 to 10 weeks!

Our good luck has no beginning.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from Iles -

Bad news for #bwfc on Pratley front. Eight to 10 weeks out with a broken fibula.

Bad news?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Bad news?
So who in the squad can replace that workrate? Big chance for someone but Trotter will probably get the job despite his lethargic gait. Or change the system.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll see just how valuable Pratley is in the coming weeks, especially if that absolute stump Trotter gets picked.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I suppose Trotter will take over.  You never know he might turn out to be a better than Pratts once he gets a good run in the team. One can only hope.
There will be no chance at all now to off load Pratts to another club (under the high earner theory)...so we might as well make the best of it.

A jack russell would have just the same work rate and end result too.  Where is osede

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Running around like a chicken with no head does not make a good player.  Somebody who can string a few passes together and create one or two chances might be better for us......with 90% of Pratts workrate. Would that suit us?
Putting the ol' good shift in can make up for lack of quality here and there but over the course of a season the cream should rise to the top, all things being equal. Just saying.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I suspect the armband will go to Spearing and Trotter will play alongside him in a 5 man midfield. Whether or not that makes us better will of course depend largely on how Trotter performs. I think Trotter has more skill than Pratley but all too often he goes missing when it comes to tackling and tracking back. To be honest I think we will miss Pratley, in particular his play breaking ability (by that I mean I've always rated his ability to win the ball off the opposition even though I agree he doesn't use it well once he has it).

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I would see vela drop back into midfield and Davies play from the start, another option would be to push Osede forward into a midfield birth, worked for Campo afro

This i what i was getting at.

Osede in front of the back 4 with spearing and vela in front.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:another option would be to push Osede forward into a midfield birth, worked for Campo afro
...so are you saying Derik is Campo's lovechild?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trotter will be the Pogba of league 1.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Darren Pratley injury update

Phil Parkinson has confirmed that skipper Darren Pratley is set for an operation and prolonged period on the sidelines.

Pratley was stretchered from the field of play in the season’s opening game against Sheffield United.

An initial prognosis showed that the midfielder had fractured a bone in his leg, but further scans have since revealed ankle ligament damage which will require surgery to stabilise.

And the manager has now confirmed that Pratley will undergo an operation next week which could sideline the skipper for around 14 weeks.

“Darren is having an operation on Tuesday,” the manager said in his pre-Wimbledon press conference. “Unfortunately for us, the injury is worse than first feared.

“It appears that there is some ligament damage as well as the fracture, so we’re looking at around 14 weeks until he is in a position to be near playing again.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum