Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Are We Soft Bastards?

+3
gloswhite
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Why Are We Soft Bastards? Fri Jun 29 2012, 18:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't claim to know a lot about this Julian Assange case, but he seems to be doing everything to prevent being extradited to Sweden to face rape charges.

He's currently "hiding" in the Ecuadorian embassy. Why don't we just storm the place and put him on the first plane to Gothenburg? What the feck are Equador going to do about it?

It seems that it's virtually impossible to deport or extradite someone these days. This never happened in 24. I long for the days where people were forced from their beds in the middle of the night and sent packing.

Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Fri Jun 29 2012, 19:16; edited 1 time in total

2Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Re: Why Are We Soft Bastards? Fri Jun 29 2012, 18:46

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't claim to know a lot about this Julian Assange case, but he seems to be doing everything to prevent being extradited to Sweden to face rape charges.

He's currently "hiding" in the Ecuadorian embassy. Why don't we just storm the place and put him on the first plane to Gothenburg? What the are Equador going to do about it?

It seems that it's virtually impossible to deport or extradite someone these days. This never happened in 24. I long for the days where people were forced from their beds in the middle of the night and sent packing.

1. The land on which the embassy's are built on are actually classed as foreign land (i.e. The Ecuador Embassay in actually on Edcador land) - that is just how its is in most of Europe.

2. We all basically know that the "sexual" charge is a front to extradite him to the US for even worse charges against the state - i.e. WikiLeaks! Just because the US do not like being shown up in a bad way!!!

3. If its difficult to extradite someone then why is it when the US clicks their fingers we extradite British Citizens to the US to face pathetic charges but we cannot do it the other way!!!

3Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Re: Why Are We Soft Bastards? Sat Jun 30 2012, 08:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

1. The land on which the embassy's are built on are actually classed as foreign land (i.e. The Ecuador Embassay in actually on Edcador land) - that is just how its is in most of Europe.

2. We all basically know that the "sexual" charge is a front to extradite him to the US for even worse charges against the state - i.e. WikiLeaks! Just because the US do not like being shown up in a bad way!!!

3. If its difficult to extradite someone then why is it when the US clicks their fingers we extradite British Citizens to the US to face pathetic charges but we cannot do it the other way!!!

I know all that, but my point is why can't we just get him anyway? What can Ecuador really do about it? Invade us?

Your claims in points 2 and 3 are silly. If Sweden wants him they should get him, the truth will come out in a trial.

4Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Re: Why Are We Soft Bastards? Sat Jun 30 2012, 09:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Might is right won't work until the legal system has been exhausted. Those are the principles our country, and all in the civilised world, are run on. Regarding the Wiki leaks, I believe he should be sent down, because what he did put many lives at risk with the knowledge he distributed. Not fussed with the Americvans looking stupid, thats their own fault. He distributed the information, in a perfectly legal manner (according to him), so now he has do go through the due process of law himself.

5Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Re: Why Are We Soft Bastards? Sat Jun 30 2012, 12:20

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thing is with regards to WikiLeaks what he did was/is perfectly legal. There is no law in place to stop the leaks he made - only moral ones (a bit like what Jimmy Carr did was not actually illegal, only in the eyes of morality) and if we are talking laws of morality then why has Tony Blair never been arrested and tried for war crimes or even Gordron Brown arrested for selling the nations gold on the cheap and helping to ruin the country!

Thing is, though, leaks will happen and all that WikiLeaks did was to put them in one place. I honestly do not believe the story of sexual predatation in Sweden, as do see that the Yanks have had a hand in conjering up the story to discredit him - they tried it with that French finance gut and the have tried it with other leading "figures" and they will continue to do so. Also the US have basically blackmailed the world with regards to WikiLeaks, just because the world leading search engines are American based!!! In all I just see it as Americans trying to lambast their own censorship on the rest of the world!

6Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Re: Why Are We Soft Bastards? Sat Jun 30 2012, 12:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:I honestly do not believe the story of sexual predatation in Sweden, as do see that the Yanks have had a hand in conjering up the story to discredit him

You have no proof of that, and until someone does he should be sent to Sweden to face the charges.

7Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Re: Why Are We Soft Bastards? Sat Jun 30 2012, 12:43

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:I honestly do not believe the story of sexual predatation in Sweden, as do see that the Yanks have had a hand in conjering up the story to discredit him

You have no proof of that, and until someone does he should be sent to Sweden to face the charges.

But isn't it funny it is almost the exact same "story" as with the French finance guy and the New York chambermaid!! And I can guarantee that when it does go to court in sweden and the trial collapses watch the Yanks come in with authority to arrest and extradite to the States for crimes against the States (i.e. Wiki Leaks)! - Just like they have done with the British grandad arms seller!!!

8Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Re: Why Are We Soft Bastards? Sat Jun 30 2012, 13:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:
But isn't it funny it is almost the exact same "story" as with the French finance guy and the New York chambermaid!! And I can guarantee that when it does go to court in sweden and the trial collapses watch the Yanks come in with authority to arrest and extradite to the States for crimes against the States (i.e. Wiki Leaks)! - Just like they have done with the British grandad arms seller!!!

You seem very anti-American.

9Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Re: Why Are We Soft Bastards? Sat Jun 30 2012, 15:12

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

There is plenty to be anti about.

10Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Re: Why Are We Soft Bastards? Sat Jun 30 2012, 15:13

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Not anti-American as such just their policies and the way they go about things that they seem to be the superior power (when in fact at this current time it definitely is China) in the world and they should not be shown up otherwise they will come down heavy....

My view of Americans are very much portrayed in a new US Drama series starting soon on Sky Atlantic (Newsroom) - already seen the first couple of episodes (thanks to the HBO channel here in Holland) but the feel of the show is just how I feel about the politics of the country.

11Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Re: Why Are We Soft Bastards? Sat Jun 30 2012, 15:24

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:Not anti-American as such just their policies and the way they go about things that they seem to be the superior power (when in fact at this current time it definitely is China) in the world and they should not be shown up otherwise they will come down heavy....

My view of Americans are very much portrayed in a new US Drama series starting soon on Sky Atlantic (Newsroom) - already seen the first couple of episodes (thanks to the HBO channel here in Holland) but the feel of the show is just how I feel about the politics of the country.

What measure are you using to suggest that China is a superior power to the USA?

I'm not going to watch a drama series to get a better idea of what you're talking about, and neither is anyone else. Why do you have to litter your posts with pointless information about yourself?

12Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Re: Why Are We Soft Bastards? Sat Jun 30 2012, 15:37

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

so what have I said about myself in this? LH if you cannot distinguish between personal information and individual views, which are supported by providing material - then you seem to have a problem! There is not one bit of personla information in my post whatsoever. Individual views, yeah I agree they are there and rightly so as its indivisual views that make good conversations and debate.

13Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Re: Why Are We Soft Bastards? Sat Jun 30 2012, 16:09

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just bringing up the fact that you're in bloody Holland again. We know.

14Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Re: Why Are We Soft Bastards? Sat Jun 30 2012, 16:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love America and Americans. They're just like the Simpsons right?

15Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Re: Why Are We Soft Bastards? Sat Jun 30 2012, 16:38

Bolton Nuts

Admin

largehat wrote:Just bringing up the fact that you're in bloody Holland again. We know.

Yes we know. Holland isn't it 71?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

16Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Re: Why Are We Soft Bastards? Sat Jun 30 2012, 16:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's from Holland? He kept that quiet Very Happy

17Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Re: Why Are We Soft Bastards? Sat Jun 30 2012, 16:45

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Actually...............

and yes Natasha all Americans are just the spitting image of the Simpsons, including the pale yellow skin.

18Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Re: Why Are We Soft Bastards? Sat Jun 30 2012, 17:02

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

71 quote -

'My view of Americans are very much portrayed in a new US Drama series starting soon on Sky Atlantic (Newsroom) - already seen the first couple of episodes (thanks to the HBO channel here in Holland) but the feel of the show is just how I feel about the politics of the country.'

Quite a bit of double Dutch going on here, could be quadruple Dutch. I have never seen this programme and have no intention of ever doing so. I've seen quite enough gun waving American egoists to last me till I'm called to leave the stage.

Your view of Americans is portrayed in the drama, and, The 'Feel of the show is how you feel about the politics of the country'. What the hell does that mean?

I don't' think that American television production companies are the best people to look to to form your opinions of the country.

I feel demeaned for having wasted my time on this post.

19Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Re: Why Are We Soft Bastards? Sat Jun 30 2012, 17:05

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The common American has basically indoctrinated to believe that their coountry is best in everything the whole world has to offer. In the Pilot episode and 1st proper episode Jeff Bridges character, supposedly an anchorman on a cable news programme, basically alienates his viewers because he tells them the truth of what America is really like - part of the premise of the series.

20Why Are We Soft Bastards? Empty Re: Why Are We Soft Bastards? Sat Jun 30 2012, 17:18

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

71, I feel I owe you an apology. As I said, I've given up watching US TV progs because they are all, love me do, we are the greatest, you know we are the best, gun fetish etc etc.

I have spent some time in the US (all parts) and agree that they are most brain washed nation on earth, Australia coming second. After your brief description I may after all now watch this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum