Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Khan v Alvarez

+8
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
rammywhite
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Hip Priest
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Khan v Alvarez Empty Khan v Alvarez Sat May 07 2016, 00:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think this is the match that will eventually find Khan out, I think he's going to get stopped and possibly knocked out tomorrow.

There is something about Khan I just don't like as a boxer. He certainly can be very flashy at times but I do think his fights have been staged managed more than most in his career and he has a glass chin which has been his undoing a couple of times in bouts before now.

He really needs to win this match otherwise he has nowhere else to go if he doesn't. Mayweather obviously doesn't see any money in fighting him, he's massively swerved Kell Brook because he knows there is only one winner there and it isn't Khan.

Alvarez is certainly not easy match for Khan and tomorrow it is going to be curtains for Amir I think.

What are your views?

2Khan v Alvarez Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Sat May 07 2016, 00:38

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I personally fancy Khan for this one. I think he's just as aware as you are that he's in 'the last chance saloon' and the fact he's come up a weight rather than down should give him an edge in terms of speed imo. I agree he can be a bit weak taking a punch but I wouldn't really say he has a glass chin, more that he got too cocky and left himself wide open a couple of times thinking he could dodge rather than block. I suspect he's learned that lesson in spades. 

I predict this will go the distance and Khan will take it on points.

3Khan v Alvarez Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Sat May 07 2016, 00:51

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Khan's onto a winner regardless of the result of tomorrows fight. If he does win (and I for one definitely wouldn't rule that out), then all sorts of world title opportunities will open up for him. If he loses as is widely expected then a fight with Brook would still fire the public's imagination and be a massive box office draw and virtually guaranteed to happen. Even if he loses both fights and has to contemplate retirement he will be a hell of a lot richer man than he is now. It's a win/win situation for Amir in my opinion.

4Khan v Alvarez Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Sat May 07 2016, 00:56

I'm no boxing expert but I saw an Alvarez fight years ago (the fact that he's a ginger Mexican made him stand out) and it made me think "Christ, that boy's good" because he destroyed his opponent in a comprehensive display but he was only about 18 at the time.

As I said, I know cock all about boxing really, but that Alvarez bloke is clearly hard as nails and he can punch.

Khan's demonstrated his vulnerabilities on more than one occasion in the past and I think that his move up in the weights, coupled with his questionable chin and Alvarez's solid power means that there can only be one winner.

And when you throw into the mix the fact that he knocked that old chap 80 yards down Bradshawgate in his chrome-plated Merc and caused him injuries from which he subsequently died, a few years back, I hope he gets twatted.

And he's a Utd fan...... Very Happy

5Khan v Alvarez Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Sat May 07 2016, 04:46

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mathew Hatton, the brother of Ricky went twelve rounds with Alvarez, so he can't be that good.
I think if Khan uses his brain and boxes him, uses his speed and jab, he wins the fight easy.
If he stands toe to toe and trades, then he might get knocked out.

Win or lose, he gets a good payday, and there are still huge fights out there for him.

6Khan v Alvarez Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Sat May 07 2016, 09:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Might have bitten off more than he can chew this time,but a good pay day win or lose.

Personally,I think he'll lose.

7Khan v Alvarez Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Sun May 08 2016, 08:42

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:I think this is the match that will eventually find Khan out, I think he's going to get stopped and possibly knocked out tomorrow.

There is something about Khan I just don't like as a boxer.  He certainly can be very flashy at times but I do think his fights have been staged managed more than most in his career and he has a glass chin which has been his undoing a couple of times in bouts before now.

He really needs to win this match otherwise he has nowhere else to go if he doesn't.  Mayweather obviously doesn't see any money in fighting him, he's massively swerved Kell Brook because he knows there is only one winner there and it isn't Khan.

Alvarez is certainly not easy match for Khan and tomorrow it is going to be curtains for Amir I think.

What are your views?

Sluffy,

You're a prophet!!

8Khan v Alvarez Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Sun May 08 2016, 09:57

He did well for the first 5 rounds then 1 punch nearly took his head off and it's game over.

9Khan v Alvarez Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Sun May 08 2016, 10:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

rammywhite wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I think this is the match that will eventually find Khan out, I think he's going to get stopped and possibly knocked out tomorrow.

There is something about Khan I just don't like as a boxer.  He certainly can be very flashy at times but I do think his fights have been staged managed more than most in his career and he has a glass chin which has been his undoing a couple of times in bouts before now.

He really needs to win this match otherwise he has nowhere else to go if he doesn't.  Mayweather obviously doesn't see any money in fighting him, he's massively swerved Kell Brook because he knows there is only one winner there and it isn't Khan.

What are your views?

Sluffy,

You're a prophet!!

I wish!

It just seemed pretty obvious to me having followed Khan's ups and downs to date and knowing about Canelo's awesome record in the ring.

Add to that Khan's glass chin and Canelo's KO record and that a golden rule in boxing is that a good big one will always beat a good little one - Khan took on the fight ABOVE his normal weight category and gave Canelo a stone in weight advantage (huge at this sort of level), then you really didn't need to be a rocket scientist to see which way this match up was probably going to end.

As for the future I think Khan had doubts about his ability to beat Brook and knew if he fought him and lost he would not get the chance again to be at the top table with the likes of Canelo and that is why he swerved a match up with him big time to take his chance with Canelo.

I think now the shoe is on the other foot where instead of Brook wanting the Khan fight to cement his place at the top (and Khan not wanting the risk) that Brook (a world champion in his own right) will now swerve Khan being that it will now be Khan wanting the match up to re-establish himself and Brook now having an eye on bigger match ups and not wanting to risk that by taking on Khan - who after all did him no favours in the first place!

Khan imo will now need to build his career up again by taking on bouts (that suit him) and build up again to another title shot.

I can't see a Brook v Khan fight anytime soon.

Khan does have talent but his glass jaw will always give other fighters a chance and so he will never become one of the great fighters of our generation.

That's my thinking anyway.

Khan v Alvarez _89630291_khangetty

10Khan v Alvarez Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Sun May 08 2016, 12:11

11Khan v Alvarez Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Sun May 08 2016, 13:39

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our Lancashire lad needs a jaw transplant from somewhere.

12Khan v Alvarez Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Sun May 08 2016, 15:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who do we know with a big chin? scratch

13Khan v Alvarez Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Mon May 09 2016, 08:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

one thing that annoys me is all these people taking great pleasure in seeing him knocked out, he's a Bolton lad and yes he may be a bit arrogant but i just don't understand the hatred towards him.

14Khan v Alvarez Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Mon May 09 2016, 08:57

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote: i just don't understand the hatred towards him.

He's a UTD fan.

15Khan v Alvarez Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Mon May 09 2016, 10:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy nailed it tbh. I had a feeling his chin would let him down. Credit where it is due because he went up two weights to fight a much bigger man.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Tue May 10 2016, 17:20; edited 1 time in total

16Khan v Alvarez Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Mon May 09 2016, 10:55

Even Khans trainer didn't fancy him, jumping two weight divisions to fight somebody as good as Alvarez was madness. Makes you wonder if he just did it for the pay cheque.

17Khan v Alvarez Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Mon May 09 2016, 12:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tasty encounter with Kell Brook on the cards now.

18Khan v Alvarez Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Mon May 09 2016, 12:46

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Khan got 6 million dollars for that fight.

19Khan v Alvarez Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 01:22

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:one thing that annoys me is all these people taking great pleasure in seeing him knocked out, he's a Bolton lad and yes he may be a bit arrogant but i just don't understand the hatred towards him.

Exactly this. Just don't get it at all. I remember being in a pub on Halliwell Rd when Bredis Prescott knocked Amir unconscious within the first minute of the first round of their fight. A bloke next to me laughed and said " Yesss! There is a God."  Sick!!!

20Khan v Alvarez Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 08:12

Hip Priest wrote:
Norpig wrote:one thing that annoys me is all these people taking great pleasure in seeing him knocked out, he's a Bolton lad and yes he may be a bit arrogant but i just don't understand the hatred towards him.

Exactly this. Just don't get it at all. I remember being in a pub on Halliwell Rd when Bredis Prescott knocked Amir unconscious within the first minute of the first round of their fight. A bloke next to me laughed and said " Yesss! There is a God."     Sick!!!
I like amir.  I alwayd liked eubank and hamed too though because they brought a bit of personality with them.  Unfortuantely fury is just off the scale though and i cant stand him

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum