Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Khan v Alvarez

+8
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
rammywhite
boltonbonce
scottjames30
Hip Priest
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 12:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't like Hamed and his gurning antics in the ring. I was delighted when Marco Barrera gave him a boxing lesson.

22Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 12:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Tasty encounter with Kell Brook on the cards now.

There was something on the radio this morning about Khan not wishing to fight Brook because "he's just not high profile enough" so I don't think that will happen unless Khan runs out of options.

23Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 12:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Amir needs to get real. He can't call the shots any more.

24Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 13:01

boltonbonce wrote:Amir needs to get real. He can't call the shots any more.

...nor, it would appear, can he take them.

(Aye, a-thank-yeaw....!)

25Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 13:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy I must be one of a happy band of people who haven't yet been run over by Khan. There's still time though.

26Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 18:15

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Didn't like Hamed and his gurning antics in the ring. I was delighted when Marco Barrera gave him a boxing lesson.

That was great, gave the horrible twat a lesson.

27Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 18:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hamed was a decent fighter but I didn't like his attitude. He was far too cocky. He was never the same after Barrera whupped his ass.

28Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 18:39

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Hamed was a decent fighter but I didn't like his attitude. He was far too cocky. He was never the same after Barrera whupped his ass.

I agree, he met his match there, at least Fury backs his talk up and whupped klitschko's arse.

29Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 18:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:Hamed was a decent fighter but I didn't like his attitude. He was far too cocky. He was never the same after Barrera whupped his ass.

I agree, he met his match there, at least Fury backs his talk up and whupped klitschko's arse.

I agree Scott..... but I still think Fury might meet his match when he steps up against our other World Heavyweight Champion.

30Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 18:46

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anthony Joshua is a fraud

31Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 18:50

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fury would smash Joshua to bits, Joshua has never fought anybody remotely like Fury.
The only heavyweight on Furys level, or two heavyweights are Klit and Wilder, the rest are bare bums in the shower.

32Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 18:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Anthony Joshua is a fraud

How so?  Shocked

33Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 18:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Fury would smash Joshua to bits, Joshua has never fought anybody remotely like Fury.
The only heavyweight on Furys level, or two heavyweights are Klit and Wilder, the rest are bare bums in the shower.

Scott, IF the fight comes off then I'm happy to have a £20 wager with the profits going to charity.

34Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 18:54

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He has been given a limelight by his promotion team, building him up to be a superstar, putting bums infront of him, it's all a con, circus act, Fury hasn't even got a promotion team.

That's the difference, AJ is as boggers says a fraud.

35Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 18:54

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Fury would smash Joshua to bits, Joshua has never fought anybody remotely like Fury.

Scott, IF the fight comes off then I'm happy to have a £20 wager with the profits going to charity.

Done.

36Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 21:11

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

He was a bit of a tit but every sport needs characters. I'm not a massive fan of Tyson Fury but dull he isn't.

37Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 21:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Apparently he broke his hand in his match before the Barrera bout, which never properly healed. He only boxed once again (and won) after this match with Barrera citing a chronic hand problem.

For the Barrera bout he turned up 3 stone over the weight limit and apparently was sweating it off even on the night before the contest - he clearly wasn't up for this fight for whatever reason.

I thought he was a superb boxer and it was a pity how his career petered out.

38Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 10 2016, 21:57

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Remind me not to make any more boxing predictions. Smile

Khan was actually winning until that one hit but I bet his ears are still ringing now! Sheesh, I half expected his head to land in someone's lap about four rows back in the audience. Very Happy

You called it dead on sluffy, he got one solid punch to the head and did a sack of spuds impression.

39Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 17 2016, 10:54

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I have nothing but admiration for him for taking the fight, too many boxers hide behind politics to avoid fighting worthy opponents. But several pundits before said Khan was too brave for his own good and I would agree with that, it was a fight he should never have taken.  Even while he was "winning" the fight it was painfully obvious that he was overmatched and was having no impact on Alvarez whilst using up a lot of energy.
While I don't necessarily think it's possible to judge whether Joshua is the real deal or not, there are parallels between him and Bruno in terms of physique (I don't believe that a muscle bound physique is actually beneficial for a boxer as it restricts movement) and how they are managed in terms of hand-picking opponents to make him look good. We will only see what he's made of when someone get's in the ring with him who isn't intimidated by his size and tests his chin.

40Khan v Alvarez - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan v Alvarez Tue May 17 2016, 18:31

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scared to fight ( world champion ) Kell Brook, he says he wants bigger names, what gives him the right to think he can fight who he wants?

Get back of the line you no chin big nose cocky prick.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum