Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID?

+11
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
Hipster_Nebula
rammywhite
terenceanne
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
scottjames30
Norpig
doffcocker
finlaymcdanger
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

What fee will Bolton actually receive for Rob Holding?

TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? - Page 3 Vote_lcap37%TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 37% [ 7 ]
TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 11% [ 2 ]
TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? - Page 3 Vote_lcap42%TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 42% [ 8 ]
TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 10% [ 2 ]
TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%TEN MILLION! WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Problem is that only a pittance is being offered and no amount of bluster will force Arsenal or any other team to throw more money at it.

Fuck me, if there really was an offer of £3m I'd snatch their hand off.

Some of you bellends need a reality check. Holding has played about 20 games, most of them shit-to-average, cost us the Reading game, and has shown no real potential. If someone had said they were terminating his contract I really wouldn't give a fuck.

£3m is big money for a total unknown with no history of playing well.

I was just about to say Nat before i got to your post, if it had been at the beginning of the season everyone would have said to get him sold.

2 million for us now is a lot, and we need to be reallistic.  But i do think boggers is right and ken will hopefully have a lot more about him transfer wise.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair enough, I just don't believe all these so called Prem clubs are offering these big sums - I honestly can't think of a single game where I came away thinking Holding had played well.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Fair enough, I just don't believe all these so called Prem clubs are offering these big sums - I honestly can't think of a single game where I came away thinking Holding had played well.

Nat, he clearly has the potential to be a premier league player however I think he'd rot at Arsenal due to lack of game time and end up back in the championship. But if they're willing to give us a few million for him is happily see him go

Ive only seen him a few times and i think the best word would be understated.  He does a decent job.  The main thing is though he did a decent job in a poor side and is young and english.  The main bit being the yound and english thing.  Especially where teams in the UCL are concerned because dont they have to have a certain amount of homegrown.  Smile

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:Ive only seen him a few times and i think the best word would be understated.  He does a decent job.  The main thing is though he did a decent job in a poor side and is young and english.  The main bit being the yound and english thing.  Especially where teams in the UCL are concerned because dont they have to have a certain amount of homegrown.  Smile
Yep, minimum of 6 starters have to be English if I remember rightly. Oh, and just so you know I do indeed use a keyboard. I also type at 50 words per minute courtesy of the fact that when I did my A-Level in Computer Sciences way back in 19** we had to take a typing class and pass RSA 2 in order to pass the course as a whole.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Ive only seen him a few times and i think the best word would be understated.  He does a decent job.  The main thing is though he did a decent job in a poor side and is young and english.  The main bit being the yound and english thing.  Especially where teams in the UCL are concerned because dont they have to have a certain amount of homegrown.  Smile
Understated is a good word for Holding because he does his job with the minimum of fuss and does it well. He is a "stylish" player too and keeps it simple - pretty much what you'd want from a CB. It's not surprising he's been noticed by the scouts, but I guess some fans miss what he's about because he doesn't make many mistakes and doesn't do the spectacular. He'll be a great player one day if he stays injury-free.

I really hope he stays TBH but I think our financial position will mean he's leaving - unless of course, we can dump more seniors. Most are leaving next year anyway, which will sort out the finances, but it will be too late by then.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I guess some fans miss what he's about because he doesn't make many mistakes and doesn't do the spectacular. He'll be a great player one day if he stays injury-free.

Yes, the fans have missed it - but some condescending armchair ponce from Norfolk didn't.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I guess some fans miss what he's about because he doesn't make many mistakes and doesn't do the spectacular. He'll be a great player one day if he stays injury-free.

Yes, the fans have missed it - but some condescending armchair ponce from Norfolk didn't.
To be fair to lusty I understand what he's getting at. Holding isn't a stand out superstar but nor is he a total donkey the way you suggest Nat. I think he's quite solid, albeit unspectacular and we don't really notice him doing stuff either good or bad because he plays in a no-fuss way. Personally I think he could develop into a very good defender, albeit not a true great or world class. But given where we are I'll take solidly competent any day wouldn't you?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:He won't leave for a pittance. This is Ken Andersons game, he will get a good deal

Laughing

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

...and the Arsenal scouts who clearly know nowt.
Was it the Everton scouts too? Celtic? Barca?
Bit of a theme there as I used to be a scout. Ask me about knots. And then imagine I live in Norfolk.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Arsenal have offered 750k plus add ons. Cheap bastards

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:Arsenal have offered 750k plus add ons. Cheap bastards

They tried this on with Cahill and ultimately missed out on an absolute steal. Hopefully that happens to vinegar tits again.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's getting called up to the England u21's

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Young Rob is on the bench for tonight's game V Portugal

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Young Rob is on the bench for tonight's game V Portugal
Good news. I hope he gets on the pitch and impresses, I personally think he's a cracking player with a lot more to come. If we do wind up selling him I just hope he goes to a club that will give him a proper chance and not send him out on loan to Torquay or something. In fact I'd hope to see him stay with us first and foremost but if he does have to go then let it be to a club that will actually use him. I don't think he'd get a real chance at somewhere like Arsenal yet but if someone like Everton or Bournemouth did actually buy him I bet we'd see him in their first team next season.

Either way good luck to him tonight and for God's sake don't get injured.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I personally think he's a cracking player

Give me one game where he dominated. Any game.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:I personally think he's a cracking player

Give me one game where he dominated. Any game.
Mouse trap

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Holding starts tonight for England v Guinea. Kick off 6:45pm

On BT sport

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Holding starts tonight for England v Guinea. Kick off 6:45pm

On BT sport
Thanks for that boggers. I'll be sure to tune in. If anyone else wants it I'll post a streaming link for it too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum