Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newcastle biting their nails tonight.

+11
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
doffcocker
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Norpig
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
scottjames30
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sunderland 2-0 Everton. Twats

Boggersbelief wrote:Sunderland 2-0 Everton. Twats
cheers

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I find all the North East clubs tend to grate on me.

Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, all got a thoroughly irritating set of fans.

But nobody on God's earth is more irritating than Benitez. So yes, I hope Sunderland win.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I used to know one Geordy who is a Sunderland fan, all I ever heard come out of his mouth was "Howay the lads".

It used to piss me right off with his shit accent.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
But nobody on God's earth is more irritating than Benitez.

Have you tried talking to the bloke in the mirror every morning?

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

3-0

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3-0 now, Sam not coming back then.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Everton are dogshit

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gazza will be sneaking off to the off-licence to buy some vodka in his brown paper bag.

Can't beleive John Stones is an England international and Everton rejected bids of 30 million for him. He's not a defender.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think there's some very poetic justice here.

newcastle are relegated by their biggest rivals managed by a man their own fans hounded out of the club. I wonder how hard Big Sam will try to avoid looking smug when he gets interviewed. Smile

luckyPeterpiper wrote: I wonder how hard Big Sam will try to avoid looking smug when he gets interviewed. Smile
He won't, being smug is his nature.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Barb Dwyer wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote: I wonder how hard Big Sam will try to avoid looking smug when he gets interviewed. Smile
He won't, being smug is his nature.
On this occasion I think he has every right to be that way though don't you? Very Happy

He'll be extra smug

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

With a triple helping of smarmy on top Smile

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Newcastle biting their nails tonight. - Page 2 _89667977_sam_pa

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hearing him in his post match interview brought back all those good times we had with him, then he confirmed that he wanted to stay at Sunderland. We'll never have him again Crying or Very sad

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Hearing him in his post match interview brought back all those good times we had with him, then he confirmed that he wanted to stay at Sunderland. We'll never have him again Crying or Very sad
I think you know as well as I do he'd never be back here boggers. To be honest I wouldn't want him back, managers and players almost never do as well the second time around. Look what happened to Howard Kendall, Joe Royle, Kevin Keegan, Stewart Pearce to name but a few who've gone back to the scene of old triumphs.

I'd rather keep the memories and not risk them being sullied by Sam coming back to a club that's completely different to the one he left and be grateful for the good times he brought. Wouldn't you?

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Hearing him in his post match interview brought back all those good times we had with him, then he confirmed that he wanted to stay at Sunderland. We'll never have him again Crying or Very sad
I think you know as well as I do he'd never be back here boggers. To be honest I wouldn't want him back, managers and players almost never do as well the second time around. Look what happened to Howard Kendall, Joe Royle, Kevin Keegan, Stewart Pearce to name but a few who've gone back to the scene of old triumphs.

I'd rather keep the memories and not risk them being sullied by Sam coming back to a club that's completely different to the one he left and be grateful for the good times he brought. Wouldn't you?
I'd want him back. He's one of those managers that has the ability to make a team solid. I mean, how bad were Sunderland before he took over? They were absolutely shocking and defensively they were just an embarrassment. He's done what he's always done and will continue to do - make teams better.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bwfc1958 wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

I'd want him back. He's one of those managers that has the ability to make a team solid. I mean, how bad were Sunderland before he took over? They were absolutely shocking and defensively they were just an embarrassment. He's done what he's always done and will continue to do - make teams better.
I understand why you want him back and in truth I think I'd be ecstatically hopeful myself if Sam was to return but I truly feel it's better in the long run if he doesn't. As I said in my previous post managers almost never do as well the second time around and Sam would have a hell of a lot less to work with now than he did when he came aboard. Frankly we're never going to see the days when the likes of Jay Jay and Youri, Hierro and Campo, Stelios and Curcic et al graced our shirts again, at least not in my lifetime. Players like that go to America, China or Qatar now and get mega bucks deals with much less pressure on them in the twilight of their careers. Throw in the fact we are in truth a fairly small club and the way FFP is structured which makes it impossible to pay the kind of wages Sam could chuck around back then.

Yes, he made a bad Sunderland team better but he also had plenty to do it with in terms of resources. Given how the axe is swinging in our back room and how much of a crew he would want to bring with him I don't think he could replicate his earlier success here. Sam is a big believer in having lots of people like Sports Scientists, nutritionists, physios, even psychologists on board as well as men and women collecting stats of everything from how fast players are running set distances to how many passes they make etc, in fact he could give Opta a run for their money by himself and I can't see him or any other manager being given those kind of resources here because we simply can't afford to do it.

In truth we need a manager who can work on a shoestring with minimal support who can really motivate people to play way beyond their normal selves consistently.

Hmmm, maybe we should give Claudio a ring. Wink

On a more serious note though, yes, I suppose if Sam wanted to come back I'd be one of those cheering but I fear we (myself included) would be expecting miracles from him and when he 'failed' to deliver them it would ruin the memories of those wonderful days when everyone was afraid of us. It wouldn't even be Sam's fault, I still don't think it was Neil Lennon's fault either, it's just the way things are for us right now and until the finances are at least straightened out we won't be doing much other than treading water with what we have.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum