Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supporters Trust letter to the Football league

+10
JAH
observer
Chairmanda
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i know the ST is the cause of most arguments here but thought i'd post a link to the actual letter they sent to the Football League

Let battle commence  Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i know the ST is the cause of most arguments here but thought i'd post a link to the actual letter they sent to the Football League

Let battle commence  Very Happy

You utter gobshite, sluffy and LPP will be typing their essays as we speak.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i know, i couldn't resist  Twisted Evil

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Very true Natasha!

Anyway without going over old ground one thing I did notice was the startling revelation shown within that letter (thanks for posing it btw) that it was signed by Ian Bridge in his capacity as Founder and Interim Chair.

What happened then to Richard Hurst whose appointment in the position of Interim Chair was hailed as a major success by the ST at the time?

Have I missed something, has he quit - if so when?

Did anybody else know the such an honourable person in the ST had left or had stood down and why?

If so what happened with the ST's pledge of being transparent and keeping everyone updated and informed?

Last edited by Sluffy on Tue May 31 2016, 16:20; edited 2 times in total

Ian Banks wrote The Wasp Factory.

Ian Bridge is the Interim Chair of the ST.

Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:Ian Banks wrote The Wasp Factory.

Ian Bridge is the Interim Chair of the ST.

Very Happy

Thanks, amended.

Point still stands though.

Iain Banks wrote the Wasp Factory Smile

Barb Dwyer wrote:Iain Banks wrote the Wasp Factory Smile

I knew some smart arse would pull me on that.

Have you read it?

Breadman wrote:
Barb Dwyer wrote:Iain Banks wrote the Wasp Factory Smile

I knew some smart arse would pull me on that.

Have you read it?
No. Some long forgotten Aunty bought me The Excession when I was 15 for Christmas, tried reading it  but couldn't get into it.

I know what you mean.

I struggled through The Wasp Factory and then gave up on Walking On Glass because it was so hard to read.

Not my cup of tea.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It stinks of ooh look how important I am, the FL are probably wondering who the fuck they are

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Never mind the FL league wondering who they are, who do they think they are ? A bit uppity for a group of people who have no real authorisation, and when they receive a response, what do they think they will have achieved ?

Predictable I know but I don't see the problem with this, questions all fans want answered and a bit of lobbying is exactly the sort of thing the ST should concern themselves with. Happy for Steering group to handle that until elections.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Predictable I know but I don't see the problem with this, questions all fans want answered and a bit of lobbying is exactly the sort of thing the ST should concern themselves with. Happy for Steering group to handle that until elections.

Actual fans of bwfc see no problem with this

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The football league followed up with a response just advising they would try to arrange a meeting in mid June

BoltonTillIDie wrote:The football league followed up with a response just advising they would try to arrange a meeting in mid June

When annoying reps ring me up and start mithering about "photocopier solutions" and other such pointless, trivial shit, I say that too.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The two bits which grind my gears are 'in line with wishes of our membership' as it is not clear to me that the members have said anything like this, and a letter headed 'private and confidential' put up on a public site. It smacks of unprofessionalism, and lacks the gravitas necessary to get the attention of the football league. A letter saying ' we have a ST of 10k members and have been elected to represent them and have the following questions' would be far more likely to start a meaningful dialogue.

Damned if they do and damned if they dont in that instance Mand. Had they not released the letter they'd be criticised for lacking transparency.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Damned if they do and damned if they dont in that instance Mand. Had they not released the letter they'd be criticised for lacking transparency.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum