Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supporters Trust letter to the Football league

+10
JAH
observer
Chairmanda
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Laughing

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Chairmanda wrote:The two bits which grind my gears are 'in line with wishes of our membership' as it is not clear to me that the members have said anything like this, and a letter headed 'private and confidential' put up on a public site. It smacks of unprofessionalism, and lacks the gravitas necessary to get the attention of the football league. A letter saying ' we have a ST of 10k members and have been elected to represent them and have the following questions' would be far more likely to start a meaningful dialogue.
Spot on!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

My thoughts too Amanda, very amateurish, especially when claiming such lofty credentials.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Strikes me as important points they raise that need answering. What is crackers is we'll spend more time on here debating whether the ST should've written the letter, than the actual points that ought to be answered by KA and DH.

Why are you lot not demanding more answers of KA and DH? Why does bashing the ST have more postings than bashing our dodgy owners?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JAH wrote:Strikes me as important points they raise that need answering. What is crackers is we'll spend more time on here debating whether the ST should've written the letter, than the actual points that ought to be answered by KA and DH.

Why are you lot not demanding more answers of KA and DH? Why does bashing the ST have more postings than bashing our dodgy owners?

Jealousy

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yeah I was going to ask that question Boggers. Is it jealousy that someone else can say they represent us Wanderers supporters? Forget that we are now owned by a couple of dodgy characters thats not important.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't think we disagree that there is a huge lack of communications from the owners, and that is very worrying, where we disagree is if the current way the ST is operating is more or less likely to get answers. Publishing the letter is a damned if you do, damned if you don't, I agree. That being so, don't call it 'Private and confidential'. If I had received such a letter in business, and found out it was made public, I would not trust any dealings with that organisation. Not in the slightest jealous of the ST, wouldn't want to be associated with their current way of working, that's all. A properly constituted trust, lacking an agenda separate from members' wishes, would be brilliant.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

JAH wrote:Yeah I was going to ask that question Boggers. Is it jealousy that someone else can say they represent us Wanderers supporters? Forget that we are now owned by a couple of dodgy characters thats not important.
Not really JAH. I'm not the steering group's biggest fan by any means but have joined the ST on the grounds that I think if we want a strong, independent voice that actually speaks for the fans then a properly run ST would be a great way to achieve it. Personally I hope the steering group don't get elected to the final committee etc because I believe their handling of the situation so far has been dire, amateurish and frankly bordering on the criminally stupid.

The questions they raise in the letter are of course valid ones and I'm sure a properly formed committee would have been asking them more or less as they are. However, therein lies a lot of the rub for me and many others.

The steering group is way outside its remit and has no mandate to say it speaks for anyone. from the day it formed it has basically done things it shouldn't and looks more like a self-publicising exercise for its members than a genuine attempt to represent BWFC fans. I won't go into it all again but Manda really does have a point. Publishing openly a letter that is clearly headed "Private And Confidential" is incredibly unprofessional. Stating that you speak for thousands of people when you haven't even consulted them much less been elected is just an invitation to being labelled a self-serving idiot.

I have no time for any of them and will certainly vote for almost anyone who opposes them when the actual elections to properly form the Supporters Trust is held. With that said I'm not exactly eneamoured of Ken Anderson either although I can at least divine what I believe his motive is. He wants a quick profit, nothing else. He'll sell to anyone who offers him that and if he can get out before having to fork out wages for a new manager or fees to get the embargo lifted he'll vanish quicker than morning dew in the Sahara Desert.

Dean's motives are simpler. He wants to be the hero that "rescued" BWFC but sadly doesn't have either the money or business acumen to accomplish that. Unless someone with real money, ie at least an eight figure liquid cash bank account comes in we'll be struggling for a long time yet I fear.

I have 2 questions about the letter.

1. Why is the Supporters trust address at the Macron Stadium?

2. Should supporters' trust have an apostrophe after the s?

1. Because Eddie Davies runs the ST and that's where his office is.

2. Yes. (Supporters plural.)

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

JAH wrote:Yeah I was going to ask that question Boggers. Is it jealousy that someone else can say they represent us Wanderers supporters? Forget that we are now owned by a couple of dodgy characters thats not important.

But that's the point though isn't it - the club is OWNED by them, its THEIR's to do with as they like as long as it doesn't break any laws.

I must really be thick because I still can't understand the reason why 'the fans' claim to have some sort of a RIGHT TO KNOW' what's going on financially with the club - what right is this?

Humour me and tell me where it says this?

Is it a law?

Is it a Football League Rule or Regulation?

Am I the only one who doesn't know what the right is?

Of course it is nice to KNOW what is happening but as far as I can make out we have NO 'right to know'.

Wanting to know and having a right to know are two completely separate things.

Why all the fuss and nonsense anyway, unless I've missed something everybody has been paid on time and no one is owed anything - am I wrong about that?

If the ST seriously thinks the club is in trouble then they have by implication disbelieved both Holdsworth and Anderson (and I guess the Football League itself) who have all stated that as Anderson says 'everything will be sorted'.

If they doubt that wouldn't they be better off offering to HELP Holdswoth and Anderson rather than tell tales on them to the teacher (who already has an eye on them in the first place!).

I'm yet to see anything that Holdsworth and Anderson have done wrong?

Yes the books have not been sorted out - but they are still within the time limits to do it.

Similarly the lifting of the player ban (which I'm almost certain is linked with sorting out the books anyway).

I speculated right at the very beginning that with a football agent and a previous football manager being the club owners that they would both have a strong influence on the playing side - so it would come to no surprise to me that we end up with a manager who coaches what players he has rather than one who is given a budget and unlimited control to recruit who he wants - therefore no need to rush for a manager.

So I ask again what have Holdsworth and Anderson ACTUALLY done wrong so far - as opposed to all the (so far unfounded) hysteria about them?

Yes Anderson has previous and had been struck off for 8 years as a director but he's served his time.

He's a football agent - we know he's in it for the money - but he ended up buying the club from the former owner and the Trust didn't!

If the club does start to fail financially the ST is now there to step in - but shouldn't they be helping to see it doesn't rather than try taking the legs away from Holdsworth and Anderson before allowing them any chance to prove themselves?

Ok time to hand over to those wanting to have a pop at me but please if you do I would appreciate some real facts in reply rather than some feeble character assassination once again.

Thank you.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thar she blows!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Is Trust a regular noun in this instance? If it is then no apostrophe is correct I think...

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Thar she blows!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sluffy wrote:Ok time to hand over to those wanting to have a pop at me but please if you do I would appreciate some real facts in reply rather than some feeble character assassination once again.

Thank you.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do you ever get seasick?

Bit rich Sluffy, for disagreeing with you I got branded a WUM. For having a dig back at Johnny I got threatened with a ban and for poking fun at you with a tweet you called me a saddo if I recall correctly.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Is Trust a regular noun in this instance? If it is then no apostrophe is correct I think...
Not if it's used as a name. For instance Peter's can mean Peter is or (belongs to) Peter depending on the context. In this case the Supporters' (you don't use a second "s" for possessives on plurals) Trust's letter ie The letter sent by (thus belonging to) the Supporters' Trust is the correct way to write it.

God I am such a nerd for knowing this stuff. Sad

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm off to watch some TV before I upset Captain Ahab some more. Very Happy

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quite possibly the closest you'll ever see boncey get to an altercation.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:I'm off to watch some TV before I upset Captain Ahab some more. Very Happy

Is Groundhog Day on?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum