Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Games you used to play as a kid

+6
scottjames30
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Bwfc1958
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:46

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Football rounders was decent, although girls joined in aswell and I ended twatting the ball right into one of their faces, she had specs on too.
Used to love all the football based games. There was one called 60 seconds which was good. Headers and volleys is one I played pretty much every single day growing up. There was another as well but can't quite put my finger on it.

Wally.

No, not you. The game

22Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Marbles and pogs were massively popular at one point. I once had someone threatening to twat me because I won all his pogs off him.
Pogs  cheers  I still have some in the loft with my kini's Very Happy

23Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We used to make gat guns,powered by a thick elastic band,and a clothes peg.

Fired stones,dried peas etc.

24Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:53

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Boggersbelief wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Football rounders was decent, although girls joined in aswell and I ended twatting the ball right into one of their faces, she had specs on too.
Used to love all the football based games. There was one called 60 seconds which was good. Headers and volleys is one I played pretty much every single day growing up. There was another as well but can't quite put my finger on it.

Wally.

No, not you. The game
My son wanted to play that with me tonight so that's still going strong as well. That's not the one that's evading me though.

25Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:55

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

boltonbonce wrote:We used to make gat guns,powered by a thick elastic band,and a clothes peg.

Fired stones,dried peas etc.
Can definitely tell you're from a different era Bonce. Making catapults from tree branches and elastic bands is the closest we came to that.

26Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 22:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We used them too,come bonfire night. It was like WW2,as various gangs of lads tried to steal each others bonfire wood.
Any gang who had a mattress was a prime target. Burned nicely,did a mattress.

27Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 23:04

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

boltonbonce wrote:We used them too,come bonfire night. It was like WW2,as various gangs of lads tried to steal each others bonfire wood.
Any gang who had a mattress was a prime target. Burned nicely,did a mattress.
We never had that problem around bonfire night. Everyone from the areas around the ABC Park in Halliwell all came together and collected for one massive bonfire and everything stored in one nominated persons garden until the big day. All the adults would begin to erect the bonfire while we were at school and it was a real community effort. 

God I miss being a kid.

28Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 23:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was tradition in my old back street at one time, all you saw the day after were the burnt out springs. Very Happy

29Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 23:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:It was tradition in my old back street at one time, all you saw the day after were the burnt out springs. Very Happy
Laurel and Hardy,Little and Large,KP and Fire.

30Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 23:11

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:It was tradition in my old back street at one time, all you saw the day after were the burnt out springs. Very Happy
Laurel and Hardy,Little and Large,KP and Fire.
Very Happy

31Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 23:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

affraid

32Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 23:17

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

If kp has a thing for burning mattresses I think we've found out what Whittam was up to when the unfortunate genital deformation took place. Never meet an arsonist for sordid fun. Probably did her a favour anyway given that it most likely looked like an axe wound in a gorillas back to begin with anyway.

33Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 23:19

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Just re-read that and realised I've just derailed my own thread in a horrific way. Please accept my apologies.

34Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 23:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol!

35Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Wed Jun 01 2016, 23:52

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:If kp has a thing for burning mattresses I think we've found out what Whittam was up to when the unfortunate genital deformation took place. Never meet an arsonist for sordid fun. Probably did her a favour anyway given that it most likely looked like an axe wound in a gorillas back to begin with anyway.

Smile

36Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Thu Jun 02 2016, 04:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The three litre cider challenge .

37Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Thu Jun 02 2016, 16:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bloody Yanks. Violent sadistic bastards.

38Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Thu Jun 02 2016, 17:13

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

headers and volleys a lot. Also go karting (the pedal kind) against my mates. I came off one time on Old Back Lane and sliced my leg open from the ankle to my knee on the chain. When I got home (about a hundred yards or so away) my mum damned near fainted 'cos there was blood everywhere. It wasn't actually all that deep a cut but it looked really impressive like I'd been kicking a shark from the inside of it's mouth. However she made dad bin that kart and it took me about three months to convince my granddad to help me build another one. (ie Granddad did most of the work but let me put a few screws in here and there and I was allowed to paint it). Smile

39Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Thu Jun 02 2016, 17:37

Used to go Skateboarding a lot still have a scar on my knee from when I fell off trying to go down some steps on one.

Also a similar game to what Boggers mentioned but we did it on bikes. Had to chase each other round the streets of Breightmet, usually two teams of 5, 1 chasing and 1 running when you were caught you became a chaser and had to catch the other people till everyone was caught.

Also paid football a lot, Headers and Volleys and sixty seconds but always preferred the old fashioned knockout.

40Games you used to play as a kid  - Page 2 Empty Re: Games you used to play as a kid Thu Jun 02 2016, 18:53

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Tackle and shoot. Get a few lads and have one in goal while everyone else tried to score. If you scored you went to the next round and the eventual winner picked who was in goal for the next game. We mixed Headers and Volleys with a 60 second time limit as well. Last person to touch the ball in the sixty seconds had to go in goal for the next round unless he scored of course.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum