Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces

+3
Angry Dad
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Empty Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Thu Jul 05 2012, 19:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The government plan to cut the numbers of military personnel from 103,000 to 82,000 over the next six years.

How the hell are we going to keep poking our noses in and wage wars that have nothing to do with us, with such a shortage of manpower ?

2Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Empty Re: Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Fri Jul 06 2012, 18:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good point, because we all know that the politicians have no qualms about sending our armed forces off to wherever, and I doubt a smaller force will change that outlook very much. To rely on the TA in such a fashion is completely wrong. I wonder how long it will be before they bring back National Service, mainly to make sure all the unemployed are 'gainfully' employed.

3Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Empty Re: Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Fri Jul 06 2012, 22:51

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

We should drastically cut the number of fucking politicians.

4Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Empty Re: Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Fri Jul 06 2012, 22:55

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Im not particularly worried about how much weaker it will make our army, more the fact that this is 20,000 people who will be out of work. Especially as most of them will have seen the army as their career path and might not be qualified for much else.

5Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Empty Re: Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Sat Jul 07 2012, 11:17

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Unfortunaterly, none of that makes any difference to the politicians, who see see running the country as nothing more than balance sheets.

6Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Empty Re: Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Sat Jul 07 2012, 14:14

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:Unfortunaterly, none of that makes any difference to the politicians, who see see running the country as nothing more than balance sheets.

Dunno about that as it could lead to an increase of those claiming unemployment benefits - it could lead to an increase of national borrowing, even more!!!!

7Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Empty Re: Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Sat Jul 07 2012, 17:50

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

True ! Offer all the unemplyed better benefits, and use them to repair the country's infrastructure, such as roads, town centre's, etc. Anything to give them the opportunity to keep their dignity, and get back into the job market when the oportunity arises.

8Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Empty Re: Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Sat Jul 07 2012, 20:11

yesbutno

yesbutno
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

The Sun's view of how life should be. Tell the unemployed to work, they must work, and pay them £70 a week. A master stroke (not).

Is this what our country has been reduced to?

9Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Empty Re: Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Sat Jul 07 2012, 20:32

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Not very mature bringing in the Sun comment. Time to grow up I think

10Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Empty Re: Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Sat Jul 07 2012, 20:42

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

My dear Glos,

For a selfconfest Sun reader to accuse someone of being immature is something of an oxymoron I think.

11Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Empty Re: Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Sat Jul 07 2012, 20:47

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Chipbutty, if you wish to point out what you see as a fault in my character, it might carry more weight if you managed to spell your words correcltly. Pick away if you like, I won't be biting. I'm too busy reading my comic. Actually, I can see the thread deteriorating into making of silly comments from all three of us, and I think we are above that.

12Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Empty Re: Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Sat Jul 07 2012, 21:39

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Glos, To start with, your spelling is as bad as mine. See post No.7

You posted on this thread a comment about the unemployed and were rightly challenged. I agreed with Yes But.

If you wish to make silly comments, as you say, feel free, I'm off out now.

13Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Empty Re: Drastic cuts to the Armed Forces Sat Jul 07 2012, 23:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Mine wasn't a spelling errror, it was a typo, but we'll leave it at that then. Hope you enjoyed your time out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum