Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Terrorist attack in France?

+7
Boggersbelief
xmiles
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
whatsgoingon
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 18:39

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:Which Muslim are you waiting for a condemnation from WGO?
Any leaders in the French Muslim community, they have a voice and happily speak out after attacks on their communities.
Let's see whether they are as vocal, the last thing I would like to see over in France is escalating hatred because no one wins when that happens, but given the nature of the attacks silence is very damning.

22Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 18:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
Muslims have their own community and there own leaders who in many cases are held in higher esteem than our PM. You would expect the PM to condemn it on behalf of the British population why wouldn't you expect Muslim leaders not to condemn an attrocity carried out in the name of their religion on behalf of their people.
Complete double standards

Yes, because the leader of a local community is really going to get time on the BBC isn't he.

Are you high?

I don't doubt the vast majority of Muslims condemn the killings, but the simple fact is they owe no one an apology unless they were involved. Which they weren't.

It's people like you that create this divide between religions and cultures.

Fuck off.

23Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 18:46

whatsgoingon wrote:
Any leaders in the French Muslim community, they have a voice and happily speak out after attacks on their communities.
Let's see whether they are as vocal, the last thing I would like to see over in France is escalating hatred because no one wins when that happens, but given the nature of the attacks silence is very damning.

Which leaders?

24Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 18:47

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hopefully the same messages are being spoken in France by French Muslim leaders, because Senior Muslim leaders have more power to speak out against this kind of radicalisation and do more to isolate and marginalise these terrorist factions than anyone else.
And if the French population sees the Muslim community united against this kind of attack then escalating hatred can be prevented.

25Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 18:48

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

Which leaders?
Check the link boncey posted it should answer any questions you may have

26Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 18:50

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:
Muslims have their own community and there own leaders who in many cases are held in higher esteem than our PM. You would expect the PM to condemn it on behalf of the British population why wouldn't you expect Muslim leaders not to condemn an attrocity carried out in the name of their religion on behalf of their people.
Complete double standards

Yes, because the leader of a local community is really going to get time on the BBC isn't he.

Are you high?

I don't doubt the vast majority of Muslims condemn the killings, but the simple fact is they owe no one an apology unless they were involved. Which they weren't.

It's people like you that create this divide between religions and cultures.

Fuck off.
Wrong it's bleeding heart liberals and political correctness which causes division.
You cause nothing because you are an ignorant, stupid irrelevance

27Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 18:51

It hasn't told me which leaders you want to hear a condemnation from. 

Go ahead who are you waiting for?

28Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 18:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:

Wrong it's bleeding heart liberals and political correctness which causes division.
You cause nothing because you are an ignorant, stupid irrelevance

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You're just embarrassing yourself now.

You've proven to everyone what a bigot you are. And the fact you keep ending every post calling me boring and irrelevant shows just how desperate you're getting.

29Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 19:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:It hasn't told me which leaders you want to hear a condemnation from. 

I think he fell into the hole he dug for himself.

30Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 19:53

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

FFS. There is some utter shite being spouted in here. I'm steering well clear.

31Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 20:43

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:It hasn't told me which leaders you want to hear a condemnation from. 

Anybody from the Muslim community, any sign that they don't condone or even worse support what is going on in the name of their religion.
As some in this country now have and rightly so, the last thing I would like to see is eye for an eye but the French people have been dealt 2 body blows in 8 months and their perception of Islam right now is going to be dangerously low.
Any voice from the Muslim communities showing they are as anti terrorism as the rest of France is can go a long way towards preventing spiralling racial tension.
You seem to think I am a racist but that isn't the case but for a community who these attrocities are being carried out in the name of to remain silent, implies non condemnation or even support.
You're also suggesting that they don't have a voice by asking who should be speaking out, but the right words from their leaders can do more good and stop more escalation just by showing empathy.

32Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 20:46

You don't know they haven't spoken out, have you read any French newspapers today or watched any French news?

33Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 20:50

I think most people know the majority of muslims dont condone what is going on.  Or at least they should.

As an england fan did you feel the need for someone to speak up when the euros was on and there was loads of trouble?

Ok, it wasnt to the same extent but pidgeon holing muslims as all the same unless they speak out is just going to make things worse.

The gap will never be bridged unless we stand together as humans versus terrorists, not catholics and christians and muslims and scientologists against terrorsists.

In a situation like this labels need to be thrown out of the window.

34Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 20:58

whatsgoingon wrote:

Anybody from the Muslim community, any sign that they don't condone or even worse support what is going on in the name of their religion.
As some in this country now have and rightly so, the last thing I would like to see is eye for an eye but the French people have been dealt 2 body blows in 8 months and their perception of Islam right now is going to be dangerously low.
Any voice from the Muslim communities showing they are as anti terrorism as the rest of France is can go a long way towards preventing spiralling racial tension.
You seem to think I am a racist but that isn't the case but for a community who these attrocities are being carried out in the name of to remain silent, implies non condemnation or even support.
You're also suggesting that they don't have a voice by asking who should be speaking out, but the right words from their leaders can do more good and stop more escalation just by showing empathy.

You're talking shit. I haven't accused you of being racist or said anything about the voice of the Islamic community. You're attributing what you perceive to be the counter argument to me when I've said nothing of the sort.

My point was (as Barb says) was that how would you know if any community leader has condemned the attacks? You can't even name one. 

The second point is blatant why should they? Did you apologise for Anders Breivik? IS may have claimed this guy as a soldier of theirs but that doesn't mean he speaks for all Muslims.

35Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 21:00

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:I think most people know the majority of muslims dont condone what is going on.  Or at least they should.

As an england fan did you feel the need for someone to speak up when the euros was on and there was loads of trouble?

Ok, it wasnt to the same extent but pidgeon holing muslims as all the same unless they speak out is just going to make things worse.

The gap will never be bridged unless we stand together as humans versus terrorists, not catholics and christians and muslims and scientologists against terrorsists.

I sort of get your point but the bottom line is many are now speaking out which I wholeheartedly agree with and commend. Me speaking out on behalf of England fans is irrelevant as I am not an influencer but they FA did and rightly so,
The fact that so many are now speaking out shows its importance because if any people are swayed from radicalisation by their words it has been worthwhile.
These people radicalised believe they are doing what they do in the name of Islam, if enough people speak out to make them doubt that it has to be a good thing.

36Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 21:05

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Barb Dwyer wrote:You don't know they haven't spoken out, have you read any French newspapers today or watched any French news?
No fair point, this is now world news though, I can't speak for which if any French leaders have spoken out but am heartened to see more and more condemnation from the Muslim world.

37Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 21:12

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BWFC 1874 wrote:

The second point is blatant why should they? Did you apologise for Anders Breivik? IS may have claimed this guy as a soldier of theirs but that doesn't mean he speaks for all Muslims.
Well more and more now are which heartens me so they seem to think they should, thankfully they don't share you're views that sweeping it under the carpet is ok and throwing Anders Breiviks name into the mix makes it all ok.
Wanker

38Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 21:21

whatsgoingon wrote:
y2johnny wrote:I think most people know the majority of muslims dont condone what is going on.  Or at least they should.

I sort of get your point but the bottom line is many are now speaking out which I wholeheartedly agree with and commend. Me speaking out on behalf of England fans is irrelevant as I am not an influencer but they FA did and rightly so,
The fact that so many are now speaking out shows its importance because if any people are swayed from radicalisation by their words it has been worthwhile.
These people radicalised believe they are doing what they do in the name of Islam, if enough people speak out to make them doubt that it has to be a good thing.
Sorry wgo, i was getting your posts crossed with nats thinking you meant ALL muslims should condemn it.

I sort of agree with you but until we can find common ground and stand together over it, imo, nothing is going to happen.

The muslim communities are very segregated from western communities, and there isnt enough done to being the two together.

Ive worked with a few muslims over the years and they have all been good lads you can have a crack with.  When i was a meter reader, the muslims where the only ones who ever asked if i wanted a drink or needed the loo.  They also used to give me food when it was ramadam to take with me.  (Im not a spicy food fan but i never said no!)

Like i said before, more needs to be done to bridge the gap to tackle the problems.

39Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 21:31

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I have the same experience of working with Muslims all good people, and you're right about the segregation. But when tragedy like this happens an opportunity arises to show a united front because the Muslim community speaking out against attacks like this can do more to reduce the risk of them than taking up arms and going eye for an eye. And with regards whether all Muslims should condemn it, then yes all human beings should condemn it

40Another Terrorist attack in France? - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Terrorist attack in France? Sat Jul 16 2016, 21:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
No fair point, this is now world news though, I can't speak for which if any French leaders have spoken out but am heartened to see more and more condemnation from the Muslim world.

Barb was just repeating what I said earlier when it was "irrelevant" according to you. So you seem to tailor your argument depending on who you are replying to.

You won't win friends on here by sucking up to folk.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum