Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are charity challenges a swiz?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Are charity challenges a swiz? Empty Are charity challenges a swiz? Tue Aug 02 2016, 18:31

Bolton Nuts

Admin

At one of my jobs recently there was an email going round.

One of the employees had deciided to to a sky dive "for charity".

It was to cost something like £200 for the jump and any  extra raised would go to charity (as far as I understand it).

With about 2 days to go before the jump this message went round the building...

"Come on guys, only £140 raised so far for Cxxxxx! Can we please ask that everybody dig deep and get it up to £200 for her charity sky dive so she doesn't end up out of pocket!"

Now, is it just me or is it just that someone fancies doing a skydive and getting everyone else to fund it?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Are charity challenges a swiz? Empty Re: Are charity challenges a swiz? Tue Aug 02 2016, 18:51

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Biggie wrote:At one of my jobs recently there was an email going round.

One of the employees had deciided to to a sky dive "for charity".

It was to cost something like £200 for the jump and any  extra raised would go to charity (as far as I understand it).

With about 2 days to go before the jump this message went round the building...

"Come on guys, only £140 raised so far for Cxxxxx! Can we please ask that everybody dig deep and get it up to £200 for her charity sky dive so she doesn't end up out of pocket!"

Now, is it just me or is it just that someone fancies doing a skydive and getting everyone else to fund it?
Exactly that it sounds like, so if £200 is the cost of the jump then f'all is going to any charity

3Are charity challenges a swiz? Empty Re: Are charity challenges a swiz? Tue Aug 02 2016, 18:56

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Yes they are a swiz.

If someone wants to give money to charity fine but don't expect other people to fund your enjoyment.

I fell out with a longstanding friend when I refused to sponsor his trip to ride a bicycle in South America to raise money for some charity. I suggested the money he spent getting to South America could be better used if given directly to the charity. He didn't agree.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum