Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mature Vela aims to kick on at Whites

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mature Vela aims to kick on at Whites Empty Mature Vela aims to kick on at Whites Wed Aug 03 2016, 09:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No longer the wonderkid at Wanderers, is Josh Vela ready to be the main man at the Macron?

It is just over four years since the slender lad from Salford graduated from the Whites academy and made his debut in the Premier League.

The boy who stepped out on to the pitch against Swansea – replacing Mark Davies – was tipped for very big things. But that early hype was never quite fulfilled as Vela struggled to find his own identity in the professional ranks.

Two relegations later, life has most certainly not turned out as planned. Moved from pillar to post for the last 18 months he has struggled to nail down a regular position in the team, while the club’s results took a predictable toll on his confidence.

But a change of manager over the summer has seen a change in attitude, and Vela now feels more aware of his responsibilities as the club gears up for a season in League One.

“I’m not a youngster anymore,” he told The Bolton News. “I’m 22 now, 23 later in the year and if I can stay in the team I’ll have played more than 100 games by the end of the season.

“I feel more mature now. There are quite a lot of younger players around at the moment and I’m a more senior one, which has been strange.

“I’m a quiet lad really, I just get on with playing football. But maybe it’s time for me to step up and be a bit louder now.

“I’m enjoying my football at the moment, so it might be a good time.

“If the manager wants me to be one of the main men, I have got to step up to the plate this year.”

Phil Parkinson inherited a squad with no shortage of competition in the midfield ranks. Had a different man not taken an instant shine to Vela, he may well have been looking for a different club this summer.

Reared by Wanderers from the age of eight – the tough-tackling midfielder has now been given a licence to stay in his preferred position.

“Since the manager came in he has been really encouraging, he just wants me to get on the ball and play. That’s all I want to do really,” he said.

“Last year I’d be midfield for two games then right-back for 10 games, and it is harder to get consistency when you are like that.

“The manager told me right away I’d be a midfielder and so it has been easier to settle, and I think have done that in pre-season.

“I think I have done quite well, so hopefully I can stay in the team.”

Vela has sampled life in League One, joining a relegation battle at Notts County two seasons ago in a well-timed separation from former boss Dougie Freedman.

And that experience has left him convinced Wanderers should be pitching themselves as promotion contenders this season.

“I honestly think we should be challenging top two, to go up straight away,” he said. “We have got a good squad of players and the right manager. He can take us up to the next level.

“He’s big on discipline and team shape but also fitness as well. We will be able to go for 90 minutes against any side in the division.

“We’ve played against two good teams in the last week – Burnley and Preston – and more than matched them.

“I think when Burnley went one up the other night, last year we would have rolled over. This year I feel like we can fight our way back into games.

“I played at Notts County on loan and so I know it isn’t going to be pretty.

“This (the Macron) is still a Premier League ground, so here we don’t have any excuses. We should be winning every home game, in my opinion.

“The away ‘curse’ hasn’t really been mentioned but we definitely need to start winning games away from home as well.”

Source

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We should be winning every home game because we have a premier league stadium? Eh. 

There's the mindset that has left two relegations on Velas CV

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:We should be winning every home game because we have a premier league stadium? Eh. 

I'm tiring of your negativity. Of course we should be winning games in our Premier League stadium, it intimidates the opposition.

If you pick up a guy tonight and take him back to your bedsit and he drops his kecks to reveal a 14 inch donger, you're going to be intimidated and put off your usual A-game.

If he has a 2 inch midget you're going to feel all superior and give him the ride of his life.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:We should be winning every home game because we have a premier league stadium? Eh. 

I'm tiring of your negativity. Of course we should be winning games in our Premier League stadium, it intimidates the opposition.

If you pick up a guy tonight and take him back to your bedsit and he drops his kecks to reveal a 14 inch donger, you're going to be intimidated and put off your usual A-game.

If he has a 2 inch midget you're going to feel all superior and give him the ride of his life.

Another serious thread ruined by gay sex

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But Boggers might enjoy the challenge of a bigger cock though?

Hypothetically speaking of course. Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:But Boggers might enjoy the challenge of a bigger cock though?

You're right, Boggers was the wrong person to use in that scenario. He'd have been all over a big willy.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You both knock me sick

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

How the fuck has a thread about a young midfielder maturing become about gay sex and knob size in three posts,

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Them two tits

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:How the fuck has a thread about a young midfielder maturing become about gay sex and knob size in three posts,

I agree, it usually takes at least six.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:How the fuck has a thread about a young midfielder maturing become about gay sex and knob size in three posts,

I agree, it usually takes at least six.
No I was meaning what took so long  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum