Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The jay spearing fee

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21The jay spearing fee - Page 2 Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sun Aug 07 2016, 13:15

Sluffy wrote:
How about this one from Friday for instance?  -

However, it has been alleged  that so far only ONE of our four other signings, believed to be Beevers, is fully registered.  If this is still the case, then Taylor, Proctor and Howard won't be playing on Saturday. They could all play in preseason, as 'trialists' are allowed to play for those games. We will see whether this will be resolved by Saturday, but if they don't get in the field of play, you heard it here first.

Or the one that we deliberately got relegated from the Premier League?

Or Phil Brown was going to be our next manager (World exclusive they claimed for that one!)?

Or Big Sam was going to leave Sunderland to join us?

Or we were definitely going to be liquidated that day.

Or that Anderson had refused to put money into the club.

There's plenty of click bait articles - but I'm sure you now that just as well I and most others do.

Rolling Eyes

At the end of the day it's a glorified forum, none of them are professional journalists and I don't see why we should have an issue with them posting rumours. We've had some ''ITK' threads that have been proved bollocks, it comes with the territory.

I've highlighted he key part about the article you quote above, plus you left off the update - (Update: Marc Iles confirmed immediately before the game that the players had been registered and were available to play.).

Not going to lie, I can't remember any story saying we were going to be liquidated or that Allardyce was set to be our next manager but granted I'm only a casual reader of LOV so I may have missed it.

I'm not looking for a row here, I just don't see what the big issue is with a fans blog.

22The jay spearing fee - Page 2 Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sun Aug 07 2016, 13:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The big difference between our two sites - of which you are well aware - is that we talk bollocks amongst ourselves for no other purpose than to have a laugh.

LoV on the other hand sole purpose is revenue generating from paid adverts on their site - payment being based on the number of 'clicks' the site receives.  They therefore deliberately target the market OUTSIDE of their site, to bring in people to view - and thus earn money.

The more 'outrageous' their claim is, the more people are drawn to their site.

It is therefore in their own interest to post anything they want that they think will get people to 'click' on their site, whether it be true or completely made up.

As they have no internal forum generating posts or ideas, the pressure is on the five or six people on the site to come up with several articles a day to maintain their 'click' stream.

I'm not telling you anything you are not already aware of and the knowledge of what they do is quite widely talked about on other forums such as WanderersWays and The Wanderer forums.

In fact there is a growing view from some now that their "made up stories" are beginning to hurt the club itself! -

"I dont have an issue with opinions...its the claimed itk bullshit stories run with the intention of destabilising my club I dont like." - Officer Dibble (TW)

"Not like them pricks to be doom mongering" and "It's just fucking relentless with that lot one thing after another, yes we are shit we get it. Get behind your team ffs. Wankers." Matt (WW)

"Exactly the reason I stopped going on there, can't tell what if any part of the club they actually like and support". - Marc505 (WW).

"White Smurf [The user name of the author of the Friday article] is a type of skunk, slightly hallucinogenic. Which explains a lot. These people need shutting down". - Carlos (WW)

"Like dibble said, its just full of made up bollocks after made up bollocks with the sole intention of destabilising the club. To be honest I can't see how they can actually claim to be BWFC fans....wankers the lot of them". - Peter Thompson (TW).

(It feels a bit like doing one of Natasha's 'BEL's' posting these!).

Very Happy

23The jay spearing fee - Page 2 Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sun Aug 07 2016, 14:05

Interesting, but I don't agree with your theory to be honest we'll have to agree to disagree once again I suppose.

24The jay spearing fee - Page 2 Empty Re: The jay spearing fee Sun Aug 07 2016, 18:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sorry if I thought your posts came across as being a bit touchy about this subject and that you shouldn't worry about it Sluffy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum