Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Big Sam quits England job.

+20
scottjames30
doffcocker
Lard Lad
gloswhite
Fabians Right Peg
DEANO82
Sluffy
Bread2.0
sunlight
okocha
xmiles
terenceanne
boltonbonce
Norpig
MartinBWFC
karlypants
King Bill
whatsgoingon
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:Interesting article and take on the Allardyce saga, it looks like it all started before he was England manager and that his appointment just exasperated things.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3835358/Sam-Allardyce-s-sacking-kills-says-agent-arranged-ill-fated-meeting-undercover-reporters.html

It does provide some more background and I still think it is unfortunate that Allardyce had to resign as England manager. Leaving aside the rights and wrongs of what he did (which really don't seem that heinous to me) there is no way that Southgate is a better manager than BSA.
My biggest gripe with what happened was that these negotiations with them were going on before Allardyce had even met the England players which seemed wrong on every level.
This gives it more context, in that the England job came along in the middle of all this rather than Allardyce profiteering from the England job before he'd even started it.
None of that was outlined in the original pieces showing that the Telegraph was not just guilty of entrapment but was also very selective in the facts it presented in order to sensationalise the story as much as possible.
That said as soon as Allardyce had got the England job he should have walked away from all this.

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum