Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Big Sam quits England job.

+20
scottjames30
doffcocker
Lard Lad
gloswhite
Fabians Right Peg
DEANO82
Sluffy
Bread2.0
sunlight
okocha
xmiles
terenceanne
boltonbonce
Norpig
MartinBWFC
karlypants
King Bill
whatsgoingon
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

rammywhite wrote:
gloswhite wrote:At least having 'England Manager' on his CV will help when he looks for his next job.  Very Happy

Glos- I don't think there will be a next job. He's now toxic- nobody in football will touch him.

There is no morals in football - it is all about money - so I've no doubt that some Premier club looking relegation full in the face will take him on to save them and thus keep their Sky millions for another season than be relegated to the Championship and financial nothingness in comparison.

If his severance with the England job is sorted quickly enough we may actually see him back in a job this season - maybe even back at Sunderland to replace Moyes.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
gloswhite wrote:At least having 'England Manager' on his CV will help when he looks for his next job.  Very Happy

Glos- I don't think there will be a next job. He's now toxic- nobody in football will touch him.

There is no morals in football - it is all about money - so I've no doubt that some Premier club looking relegation full in the face will take him on to save them and thus keep their Sky millions for another season than be relegated to the Championship and financial nothingness in comparison.

If his severance with the England job is sorted quickly enough we may actually see him back in a job this season - maybe even back at Sunderland to replace Moyes.

Well he would certainly do a better job than Moyes.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

Bolton would.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Bolton would.
Very much doubt it

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Bolton would.
Very much doubt it

Give it six months when we're in the bottom three, they just might.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I keep hearing journalists asking various pundits: "Do you feel sorry for Allardyce?" and the response is always along the lines of: "Yes, this was his dream job and now it's gone."

Well, who's fault's that?

I don't care if he was set up by a newspaper with an agenda, he's still a dickhead for falling for it.

If I'd finally secured my dream job after years of trying and it paid me £3m a year, I wouldn't be stupid enough to put it all at risk by touting myself to a bunch of people I'd never met for a (relatively) paltry £400k.

He's a greedy prick who's obviously too stupid / arrogant to think this kind of thing might happen, so he deserves all the stick he gets.

No sympathy from me, in fact.....I'm going the other way.

My cynicism regarding the England set-up's well documented on here but I honestly believed that The Fat Man offered something different and may have had a shot at getting our over-paid ponces looking something like a team for once.

But we'll never know now because he's fucked it up by being a greedy twat.

Fuck off, Allardyce, you prick.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

scottjames30 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

Bolton would.
Very much doubt it

Give it six months when we're in the bottom three, they just might.
Give it a reasonable time, couple of months or so, and you'll see him as one of the pundits on the occasional game, (initially), on Sky. Might even have the neck to comment on the next batch of England games.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:I keep hearing journalists asking various pundits: "Do you feel sorry for Allardyce?" and the response is always along the lines of: "Yes, this was his dream job and now it's gone."

Well, who's fault's that?

I don't care if he was set up by a newspaper with an agenda, he's still a dickhead for falling for it.

If I'd finally secured my dream job after years of trying and it paid me £3m a year, I wouldn't be stupid enough to put it all at risk by touting myself to a bunch of people I'd never met for a (relatively) paltry £400k.

He's a greedy prick who's obviously too stupid / arrogant to think this kind of thing might happen, so he deserves all the stick he gets.

No sympathy from me, in fact.....I'm going the other way.

My cynicism regarding the England set-up's well documented on here but I honestly believed that The Fat Man offered something different and may have had a shot at getting our over-paid ponces looking something like a team for once.

But we'll never know now because he's fucked it up by being a greedy twat.

Fuck off, Allardyce, you prick.

Breadman, you was posting the other day of how you  con company's to make £ 500 a day " by just nodding your head and making afew facial expressions etc etc.

Then locking yourself in a room on ya laptop, posting on here?

What's the difference !!!!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm with Bread on this one. It all boils down to greed and Big Sam clearly can't resist the lure of the lucre. Sad really, because he seemed the perfect fit for the role with his experience and knowledge, but now we will never know.

Greed is one of the seven deadly sins and BSA should have known better. He has nobody to blame but himself.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DEANO82 wrote:He has the best record of any England manager.

That's another reason they should've swept it under the carpet.Cool

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The FA is going to need a squeaky clean manager in after Sam. There is only one man that can do it, Donald Trump. I think they will be announcing this later on today, he is the obvious replacement.
Actually, send Trump over here to manage England and Sam can go over there to be President of America. Sorted.

Last edited by sunlight on Wed Sep 28 2016, 09:45; edited 1 time in total

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Greed and fundamental stupidity, he has already been caught out by one of these operations once and watched videos of his son doing the same so why has he risked it again after landing his dream job.
The people alluding to a witch hunt are wrong in my opinion too because it appears the Telegraph are set to name many others involved in unsavoury dealings including 2 managers making deals with the same company.
Clearly this has been a huge fishing expedition probably based on intelligence and we won't hear anything about the honest managers who dismissed it out of hand to concentrate on doing what they're paid to do, we will only read about those who are greedy and dishonest and took the bait.
There is so much money in football that it attracts all the lowest of the low and Mark Curtis is certainly very much in that bracket and the fact that Allardyce employs him to look after his business speaks volumes.
All in all in my opinion the right decision has been reached and greedy Sam has clearly been given a decent pay off not to fight it and cause a fuss so the FA can save some face.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

ALLARDYCE: ENTRAPMENT HAS WON
“Obviously I have to do this before I go away. On reflection it was a silly thing to do.
“I was trying to help someone out I knew for 30 years and unfortunately it was an error in judgement on my behalf. 
“Entrapment has won on this occasion and I have to accept that." 

Who was he trying to help? I think most of us know the answer to that and it wasn't someone he's known for 30 years it was his self as always.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:ALLARDYCE: ENTRAPMENT HAS WON
“Obviously I have to do this before I go away. On reflection it was a silly thing to do.
“I was trying to help someone out I knew for 30 years and unfortunately it was an error in judgement on my behalf. 

Who was he trying to help? I think most of us know the answer to that and it wasn't someone he's known for 30 years it was his self as always.

Correct. God helps those who help themselves but God help those who get caught helping themselves.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:ALLARDYCE: ENTRAPMENT HAS WON

Correct. God helps those who help themselves but God help those who get caught helping themselves.
So was the £100,000 which rose to £150,000 per appearance going to Scott McGarvey too.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:Who was he trying to help? I think most of us know the answer to that and it wasn't someone he's known for 30 years it was his self as always.

To be fair, he's probably known himself for 30 years.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Had it all and it still wasn't enough!
No respect for him as of yesterday.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Soul Kitchen wrote:Had it all and it still wasn't enough!
No respect for him as of yesterday.
He's always had it in his locker you just need to look back at the panorama programs, but he seems to have understood the extra potential the position offered him but failed to understand the extra risk.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I've just run the numbers on £3m a year to see what it looks like.

It works out at £133,380.60 a month in your hand.

Or £30,780.14 a week.

The average yearly salary in the UK is £27,600.00

So the big, fat, bent idiot has just blown the chance to take home £3180.14 a week more than many of us gross in a year.

(And don't forget, the figures I quoted above are for someone on a permanent contract as a full-time employee and I very much doubt that Allardyce signed on permanently with the FA. He was probably employed as a self-employed contractor on a fixed-term contract, so the tax breaks he would have been entitled to would probably have meant that he'd take home substantially more.)

What an absolute fucking clown...

If I ever meet him, I'm going to do that thing where you make a circle out of your thumb and forefinger and then do a wanking motion in front of your forehead and laugh in his fat face.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

What an absolute fucking clown... as per Breaders

That sums this pitiful tale up for me.

It's beyond belief, well perhaps not!

I don't want to see his ugly mug on a TV sports programme again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum