Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Millwall 0-2 Bolton - Match Report Post #36

+16
King Bill
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
wessy
DEANO82
Cajunboy
finlaymcdanger
gloswhite
bryan458
whatsgoingon
wanderlust
karlypants
Boggersbelief
Norpig
NickFazer
MartinBWFC
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wheaters goal, quality

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well done lads shuts the doom and gloomers up for a while.

Didn't PP sign Ameobe? funny old game

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ameobi was a talentless, lightweight ponce according to nat

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Ameobi was a talentless, lightweight ponce according to nat

Does one goal in 42 games make you Ronaldo?

I once scored a 25 yard volley at Deepdale with a broken ankle, doesn't make me a great player (I was though).

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Well done the lads  cheers

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sky Sport reporter must have been watching a different match. scratch

Goal! Millwall 0, Bolton Wanderers 1. Sammy Ameobi (Bolton Wanderers) left footed shot from very close range to the top right corner.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great result, the clean sheet being especially impressive against a team that had scored in every one of their last 25 matches.

Confidence should be high, so we're bound to get dicked at Bury.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BBC Stats:

Millwall - Bolton

49%-51% on possession
11-4 on shots
3-3 shots on target
7-3 on corners
10-11 on fouls

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Natasha Whittam wrote:Great result, the clean sheet being especially impressive against a team that had scored in every one of their last 25 matches.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:Great result this evening. cheers
So sorry to have missed this one!  Now let's get 5 in a row!!!!!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A new player is inbound apparently

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

a great result and from listening on the radio it sounded fairly comfortable. Beevers and Wheater are the best centre half pairing we've had for years, we just need to find a striker from somewhere so we can really push on

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:a great result and from listening on the radio it sounded fairly comfortable. Beevers and Wheater are the best centre half pairing we've had for years, we just need to find a striker from somewhere so we can really push on 
Max Clayton played for 60 mins on Monday night for the U23's and converted a penalty, with Clough, Henry Ameobi etc we may even have players to get the best out of him

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Is it coincidence that 4 wins and 4 clean sheets coincides with Buxton's injury and Wilson coming in, Taylor seems to be settling well on the other flank. I hope Thorpe's injury isn't serious because he seems to be decent in front of the back 4.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Two great goals. Amoebi looked shocked when he attempted the shot and even more gobsmacked when it flew in the top corner. We didn't dominate the game but we've got to be pleased with the result. Sheff U look a different proposition than when we played them and it looks like they'll be in the mix for an automatic promotion slot along with us, Bradford and Scunny so I suspect it's going to be a long season. Delighted we won and kept a bit of momentum going.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Millwall 0-2 Bolton

Bolton Wanderers made it four wins and four clean sheets on the spin as goals in each half from Sammy Ameobi and David Wheater sealed victory against Millwall at the New Den.

Phil Parkinson’s men continued their fine run of form to embolden their pursuit of automatic promotion.

It was a polished display from the men in yellow who showed a solidity in defence and finesse in their finishing.

Both goals were of the highest which sent the small but vociferous travelling battalion of Wanderers fans back up north in great spirits.

TEAM NEWS

Wanderers remained unchanged from the team that enjoyed the 2-0 derby day victory against Oldham Athletic at the weekend.

Former Lions’ defender Mark Beevers lined up against his former club for the first time since making the summer switch from the New Den, while Liam Trotter and James Henry were on the bench, again returning to their former club.

FIRST HALF

A timely intervention from David Wheater prevented Millwall from opening the scoring with barely a minute gone after Ben Thompson got behind the Wanderers defence.

The visitors responded immediately and some neat link-up play between Sammy Ameobi and Lawrie Wilson resulted in a corner.

Millwall failed to sufficiently clear their lines and the ball fell to Ameobi, courtesy of a Jay Spearing assist, who unleashed a stunning 25 yard left footer into the top corner. It was the on-loan forward’s second goal in Wanderers’ colours and arguably a goal of the season contender. Jordan Archer simply had no chance!

A lapse in concentration – moments after Zach Clough was shown a yellow card for dissent – almost let in Steve Morison with a bullet header, but Mark Howard remained alert to fend away danger.

Wanderers suffered a blow when Tom Thorpe hobbled off after 27 minutes. The midfielder looked to be in agony as he was replaced by Derik Osede.

Phil Parkinson’s men were beginning to regain their composure and some smart playing involving Madine and Clough resulted in the latter forcing Archer into a fine save.

Wanderers finished the half in the ascendancy and looked great value for their lead.

SECOND HALF

Keeping their shape well, Wanderers controlled the early stages of the second half and looked solid at the back.

Clough’s pace and trickery were a constant menace and he looked a threat every time he ventured into the Lion’s den.

However, his free kick just on the hour mark from 25 yards lacked the accuracy he enjoyed in Saturday’s victory.

The travelling band of Wanderers fans who made the very long journey down from BL6 were noisy throughout and showed their immense support, often out singing their London opponents.

The hosts’ frustration at not providing any penetration resulted in Williams skewing his powerful 35-yard drive well wide of Howard’s right hand post.

The home supporters sprang into life when Derik concede a foul near the corner flag. However, the dead ball was glanced over the Wanderers crossbar, which prompted sounds of frustration from the Lions’ faithful.

Millwall were getting back into the contest slowly, but without any end product. Dogged defending ensured Howard was left untroubled.

Henry came on for Ameobi who wasn’t as effective as he had been during the first hour and the former Millwall wideman was given a less than rapturous welcome.

Lions’ manager Neil Harris made his final changes of the match when he brought on Shane Ferguson and David Worrall for Joe Martin and the impressive Fred Onyedinma.

But Wanderers had the last laugh when Wheater drilled home his first of the season from the edge of the box to double his team’s lead and seal the three points.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good job lads.

My only concern is that we seem not to be able to hold on to the ball for long periods of the game. However the BBC says we had 51% possession. Didn't sound like it on the radio.

But I'll take it... a win is a win....... now push on.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:However the BBC says we had 51% possession. Didn't sound like it on the radio.

:facepalm:

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

whatsgoingon wrote:Is it coincidence that 4 wins and 4 clean sheets coincides with Buxton's injury and Wilson coming in, Taylor seems to be settling well on the other flank. I hope Thorpe's injury isn't serious because he seems to be decent in front of the back 4.
All contributory factors, WGO, but the main difference, I think, is the non-selection of Trotter, who contributes virtually nothing each game and whose lack of effort wrecks team spirit.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

terenceanne wrote:Good job lads.

My only concern is that we seem not to be able to hold on to the ball for long periods of the game. However the BBC says we had 51% possession. Didn't sound like it on the radio.

But I'll take it... a win is a win....... now push on.

We definitely had more possession. I'm surprised they're saying it was only 51% tbh. We had the better of the first half and completely dominated the first 20 mins of the second.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum