Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit - A new twist!

+20
boltonbonce
wessy
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
rammywhite
Chairmanda
okocha
Reebok Trotter
whatsgoingon
karlypants
NickFazer
finlaymcdanger
Bwfc1958
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
xmiles
gloswhite
Bread2.0
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

21Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 18:16

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Soul Kitchen, xmiles & Bread - I think I speak for everyone else when I say go fuck yourselves you condescending wankers. 

Now, you see......

...there's the problem with your average Leave Loony: They're still clinging to this idea that they're speaking for the majority in any given situation, despite the fact that they're patently not.

(17m out of 64m isn't a majority, however you spin it.)

And given that there are three of us being singled out here and there are probably only about six (real) contributors left on this site, I doubt very much that you are speaking for the majority on this either, pet.

So shut the fuck up, love.

22Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 18:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I meant everyone else on this site, whether they voted in or out.

You are entitled to your opinion, but this accusation that everyone who voted to leave is thick as pigshit is insulting and, obviously, incorrect. I doubt there is a person on this planet less intelligent than Soul Kitchen.

23Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 18:31

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Natasha Whittam wrote:I meant everyone else on this site, whether they voted in or out.

You are entitled to your opinion, but this accusation that everyone who voted to leave is thick as pigshit is insulting and, obviously, incorrect. I doubt there is a person on this planet less intelligent than Soul Kitchen.

Mmm. Is it a bit like accusing everyone who spends more money than you deem acceptable on their kids at Christmas to be shit parents? 

Pot and kettle, love.

24Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 18:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Mmm. Is it a bit like accusing everyone who spends more money than you deem acceptable on their kids at Christmas to be shit parents? 

Pot and kettle, love.

If you think they are the same thing you are a bigger bellend than I thought. Anyway, we have to wait a few years to find out I was right about that issue when your kids are putting you in an old folks home at the earliest opportunity so they can sell your house.

25Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 18:45

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Not the same thing obviously, but the principle remains the same.

26Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 18:56

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bread2.0 wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Soul Kitchen, xmiles & Bread - I think I speak for everyone else when I say go fuck yourselves you condescending wankers. 

Now, you see......

...there's the problem with your average Leave Loony: They're still clinging to this idea that they're speaking for the majority in any given situation, despite the fact that they're patently not.

(17m out of 64m isn't a majority, however you spin it.)

And given that there are three of us being singled out here and there are probably only about six (real) contributors left on this site, I doubt very much that you are speaking for the majority on this either, pet.

So shut the fuck up, love.

I'm really surprised a business woman of multi, self bestowed, awards hasn't got the gumption to decline to vote for a blank cheque? 
Perhaps she's that well educated guy's alter ego who thought it would never happen? Very Happy

27Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 18:59

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote: I doubt there is a person on this planet less intelligent than Soul Kitchen.

You see that every morning when you look in the mirror and have a shave sir!! Very Happy

28Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 19:24

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Just to clarify one point: when I referred to "crayon munching brexiteers" I did not mean to imply that all those who voted for Brexit were crayon munchers. Unfortunately this was an attempted humourous reference to Bread's previous use of the term. Nevertheless it has to be said that some people who voted for Brexit are certifiable morons.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

29Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 19:37

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:I meant everyone else on this site, whether they voted in or out.

You are entitled to your opinion, but this accusation that everyone who voted to leave is thick as pigshit is insulting and, obviously, incorrect. 

...and again, for what feels like the 196th time I've had to post it: I never said that all Leave voters were feckless, Kyle-watching morons, who were on the Crayola Diet.....

.....just enough to have swung it on the day.

Largely thanks to the help they received from the vast swathes of the Great British public who are old and silly enough to still refer to "darkies", "poofs" and "bloody Germans" when pressed on the subject of things they don't like.

And I stand by that.

30Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:16

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If them three odious twats, Gove, Farage and Johnson are backing something, all the more reason to examine yourself as to what their aims are?
A referendum apparently is only a guide unless stated otherwise, and Camoron didn't exactly make things clear post vote did he? His actions said it all though!

31Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Just to clarify one point: when I referred to "crayon munching brexiteers" I did not mean to imply that all those who voted for Brexit were crayon munchers. Unfortunately this was an attempted humourous reference to Bread's previous use of the term. Nevertheless it has to be said that some people who voted for Brexit are certifiable morons.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Too late, you've already aligned yourself with the tosspot twins. Enjoy.

32Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:29

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Is a tosspot twin worse than a bumchum?

Just so I know how offended to be.

Cheers in advance.

33Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What does it matter, you're in both groups.

34Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:37

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Tosspot? Ffs can you call me something I've not been labelled before?

35Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:42

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:With almost any major decision in history comes heartache, the good times don't come easily. It might be a huge disaster, it might be the best thing we ever did....the truth is no one knows, especially the three wankers above.

Should events swing in your favour, what are you most looking forward to post Brexit?

36Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:42

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What this actually means is that democracy in this country is alive and kicking and is something we should all be proud of, which ever way you voted in the referendum. Brussels's should take note. I voted to Leave but was not happy for Article 50 to be triggered without Parliamentary scrutiny, it was an act of Parliament that took us in and so it is correct that one should take us out. 

Soul Kitchen asked what Besides wanted / expected, I have proclaimed my position on that previously in the Economy Watch Thread but in brief these are some of the reasons I voted Leave.

1 EU Ever closer Union Despite being favour or co-operating on matters of trade  / security / research etc I disagree with the creation of a supranational state, it is in my view unworkable especially when it's membership is of 28 nations with diverse cultures / economies and aspirations. You can have cooperation without all the beaurocracy and institutions of a nation state. It may be that even the commission would now accept that this aim of complete political and economic integration is now dead.

2 The Euro. Imposing a common currency across 19 diverse economies has not worked well. Time will tell but the currency union has been a drag on the economies of the EU and especially those in the Eurozone. Not having a flexible currency has been a drag on economic performance before 2008 and has greatly hindered Eurozone recovery especially since. Without greater integration in to one centralised state with tax raising and spending powers the Euro as a currency is flawed.

3 Schengen A nice idea in a safe peaceful world but not in this one.

4 Democracy. That word again, when power is concentrated with a small group that is unelected and largely unaccountable then it will be abused. The EU Commission is both of these and is where the real power is concentrated.

5 Prosperity of its Citizens. The EU has failed to increase prosperity among the general population of the EU, unless you are already wealthy that is. Standards of living have remained static at best and growth is strangled by an overbearing beaurocracy aided and abetted by a failing currency union. Years of little to no growth, high unemployment especially among the young and austerity measures imposed while the ECB throws billions at propping up the Euro.

In my view the EU is no longer fit for purpose and lost direction and purpose especially since it expanded its membership from a manageable 9 to 27, pissed off the Russians, condemned Greece to generations of austerity without any hope of recovery until the debts are written off and failed to come up with any measures to cope with a migrant invasion except opening the doors.

So, those are my views. I would be interested to hear how those in favour of remaining in see how the EU intends to resolve some of these issues.

But for now pass me another crayon

37Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Should events swing in your favour, what are you most looking forward to post Brexit?

Being able to say "I told you so".

38Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:But for now pass me another crayon

Made me chuckle that did.

39Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 20:58

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm not explaining the crayon thing again.

If you don't get it by now, you can all fuck off....

40Brexit - A new twist! - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit - A new twist! Thu Nov 03 2016, 21:18

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm with Nick and Nat. I think, in all fairness, Nick's response is far more balanced than the childish digs from the the aptly named Remoaners.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum