Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

England v Scotland

+10
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Copper Dragon
Bwfc1958
Norpig
rammywhite
Bread2.0
karlypants
Chairmanda
boltonbonce
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21England v Scotland - Page 2 Empty Re: England v Scotland Fri Nov 18 2016, 21:41

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Another issue is the "good 'ol shift" ......  the typical British supporter and manager for that matter can't get around that one.  Players that hump up and down the pitch to are just grand if they put in that shift. But a skilled player is deemed lazy or only playing for the money etc etc...
Using one of our own for example ..... Klasnic barely broke a sweat in a normal game but had finishing skills not seen since at BWFC.  I recall supporters calling him lazy at the time. 
I think we can agree that the Europeans have always fancied skill over pure work rate. Seems that way to me anyhow.

Klasnic was a lazy bastard, and in a side like ours who were always going to be fighting relegation you need 11 committed players. A mixture of skill and graft makes you a top player

22England v Scotland - Page 2 Empty Re: England v Scotland Fri Nov 18 2016, 21:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Berbatov was a good example. A good player that could have been a great player,with a bit of effort.

23England v Scotland - Page 2 Empty Re: England v Scotland Sat Nov 19 2016, 12:25

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:
terenceanne wrote:Another issue is the "good 'ol shift" ......  the typical British supporter and manager for that matter can't get around that one.  Players that hump up and down the pitch to are just grand if they put in that shift. But a skilled player is deemed lazy or only playing for the money etc etc...
Using one of our own for example ..... Klasnic barely broke a sweat in a normal game but had finishing skills not seen since at BWFC.  I recall supporters calling him lazy at the time. 
I think we can agree that the Europeans have always fancied skill over pure work rate. Seems that way to me anyhow.

Klasnic was a lazy bastard, and in a side like ours who were always going to be fighting relegation you need 11 committed players. A mixture of skill and graft makes you a top player

I rest my case your honor.....

24England v Scotland - Page 2 Empty Re: England v Scotland Sat Nov 19 2016, 12:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Klasnic was a lazy bastard, and in a side like ours who were always going to be fighting relegation you need 11 committed players. A mixture of skill and graft makes you a top player

Laughable post.

Klasnic scored at nearly a goal a game when he started.

I'd rather have a player who scored at that rate than someone who ran around a bit with no end product.

If we'd had a "passenger" who scored a goal nearly every game we'd still be in the Championship.

25England v Scotland - Page 2 Empty Re: England v Scotland Sat Nov 19 2016, 13:41

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Klasnic was a lazy bastard, and in a side like ours who were always going to be fighting relegation you need 11 committed players. A mixture of skill and graft makes you a top player

Laughable post.

Klasnic scored at nearly a goal a game when he started.

I'd rather have a player who scored at that rate than someone who ran around a bit with no end product.

If we'd had a "passenger" who scored a goal nearly every game we'd still be in the Championship.
Teams like us can't afford luxury players, to match the top teams we need 100% effort. Players like klasnic are the reason we are league one now a days

26England v Scotland - Page 2 Empty Re: England v Scotland Sat Nov 19 2016, 18:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Teams like us can't afford luxury players, to match the top teams we need 100% effort. Players like klasnic are the reason we are league one now a days

One of the reasons we got relegated from the PL was the lack of game time given to Klasnic.

If you think a player who scores nearly a goal a game is a luxury you're more of a bellend than I thought.

If a Bolton player scored 30 goals this season and did nothing else would you complain?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum