Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Northern Ireland - should we give it back to the Irish?

+11
xmiles
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Bread2.0
wanderlust
rammywhite
Norpig
Soul Kitchen
Fabians Right Peg
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
Norpig wrote:There is no way the Protestant majority in NI will ever agree to a united Ireland, they see themselves as British and i can't see that changing anytime soon.

probably in your lifetime you'll see a celtic voting majority in the north. If decisions are made through the ballot box then there is a likelihood that a vote for a United Ireland could happen.

And that would be the appropriate and democratic time to hand over power and not before.

That would equate also to a time not so far in the future when an increasing Muslim birth rate overtakes a steadily declining non Muslim birth rate in England and a vote is held to replace the current system of law and order with Sharia Law.

It might be "appropriate and democratic" for the majority but totally unacceptable to the rest I would suspect!

:bomb:

Even if there was a Muslim majority in the UK I doubt very much they would vote for Sharia law as they are mainly English born and bred with Western ideology and taste and the further into the future we go, the greater the English Muslim culture will be within the Muslim community.
But if there was a popular Muslim uprising at the ballot box and the majority did vote for Sharia surely as an Englishman you would support it in defence of our democratic rights?

True to form Lusty also turns up, fails to read a thread FULLY yet again, before posting something spurious and irrelevant!

See post 13 above.

Rolling Eyes

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
Norpig wrote:There is no way the Protestant majority in NI will ever agree to a united Ireland, they see themselves as British and i can't see that changing anytime soon.

probably in your lifetime you'll see a celtic voting majority in the north. If decisions are made through the ballot box then there is a likelihood that a vote for a United Ireland could happen.

And that would be the appropriate and democratic time to hand over power and not before.

That would equate also to a time not so far in the future when an increasing Muslim birth rate overtakes a steadily declining non Muslim birth rate in England and a vote is held to replace the current system of law and order with Sharia Law.

It might be "appropriate and democratic" for the majority but totally unacceptable to the rest I would suspect!

Even if there was a Muslim majority in the UK I doubt very much they would vote for Sharia law as they are mainly English born and bred with Western ideology and taste and the further into the future we go, the greater the English Muslim culture will be within the Muslim community.
But if there was a popular Muslim uprising at the ballot box and the majority did vote for Sharia surely as an Englishman you would support it in defence of our democratic rights?

True to form Lusty also turns up, fails to read a thread FULLY yet again, before posting something spurious and irrelevant!

See post 13 above.

Rolling Eyes
I have absolutely no idea what you're on or on about. I thought the two points I made about the unliklihood of that vote and the defence of democracy are entirely valid additions to what has been contributed previously as nobody including you had made them earlier.
This is ostensibly a discussion but you are acting like a child IMO.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
rammywhite wrote:

See post 13 above.

Rolling Eyes
I have absolutely no idea what you're on or on about. I thought the two points I made about the unliklihood of that vote and the defence of democracy are entirely valid additions to what has been contributed previously as nobody including you had made them earlier.
This is ostensibly a discussion but you are acting like a child IMO.

So you want an answer from me over something that is unlikely to occur in our lifetimes and would happen in a completely different socio-economic environment than you or I could possibly envisage and because I've said you once again have missed the point, that I am acting like a child!

If you say so.

Rolling Eyes

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why does sluffy get a personal troll and I don't? I'm far more important.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i  would like to formally apply for the job Nat, please send me an application and i will return after i've wiped my arse on it

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i  would like to formally apply for the job Nat, please send me an application and i will return after i've wiped my arse on it
You don't need to apply, youre the perfect man for the job

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:

Ooooh......so close!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Norpig wrote:i  would like to formally apply for the job Nat, please send me an application and i will return after i've wiped my arse on it
i'd certainly be a better candidate than you Boggers i'm better than you in all departments, i know it stings but just get used to it and try and move on

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Ooooh......so close!

How sad are you Very Happy

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Is that a question?

Sorry to ask but the new rule about sticking an emoji on the end of a question to stop it being a question has left me confused.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm wondering what the odds are of everyone getting out of bed the wrong side, all on the same day.

I think, in all fairness, if we look over this thread, we can see why there are fewer posters than ever before.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:I'm wondering what the odds are of everyone getting out of bed the wrong side, all on the same day.

I think, in all fairness, if we look over this thread, we can see why there are fewer posters than ever before.

:agree:

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread is the catalyst

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Come on though......

If the bloke running the forum asks a question, gets arsey when people react to it and then says:

"It wasn't really a question, you weren't supposed to answer it! Didn't you see the emoji...?"

......you're a bit fucked right from the off.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bread2.0 wrote:Come on though......

If the bloke running the forum asks a question, gets arsey when people react to it and then says:

"It wasn't really a question, you weren't supposed to answer it! Didn't you see the emoji...?"

......you're a bit fucked right from the off.

We ALL know you were simply on my case yet again.

Please refer to post 18 above.

Razz

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Bread is the catalyst
Narcism is the catalyst!

I know this is off topic slightly but do you think there would be as many column inches dedicated to islam scaremongering if it wasn't for the very few extremists who hide behind religion and use it as an unjustified excuse to cause shit by either propaganda preaching or committing the atrocities?

Would people even care as much if they had their own community within our smalls towns and cities and kept to themselves if it wasnt for the very select few mentioned above?

If 11/9 and 5/7 and all the other atrocities hadnt happened would people really be that wound tight about their customs?

Was their a bully at everyone's school growing up?  What a shit school full of nothing but bullies thst must of been

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the trouble is Johnny the lack of integration is the main problem, it allows extremists to go virtually unchecked and they can recruit and brainwash people far more easily.

Bolton has always had a high Asian population and certain areas are synonymous with being Asian areas such as Daubhill, Blackburn Road and the bottom end of Halliwell and it does neither the local community or the Asian community any favours

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I think it is a bit more complicated than that Johnny.

Apart from the actual terrorists there is a problem with the extremist Islamic beliefs preached by Imams who follow the Wahhabist doctrines. These puritanical, intolerant and ultra-conservative views foster an environment in which people are more likely to start believing that the terrorists are justified. Opinion polls taken in Muslim communities in Britain repeatedly show large numbers expressing sympathy for terrorist attacks - see for example

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article4730825.ece

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:
If 11/9 and 5/7 and all the other atrocities hadnt happened would people really be that wound tight about their customs?

Well done Johnny for putting the numbers the correct way around.  Cool

You win a lollipop.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum