Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-2 Charlton - Match Report Post #15

+16
Fabians Right Peg
bryan458
rammywhite
Cajunboy
wessy
boltonbonce
doffcocker
xmiles
observer
NickFazer
gloswhite
Jack Russell
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

Clueless up front enough said !

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We're Doomed!

Play-offs if we're lucky, unless we can bring in some quality.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Tactically inept today. As usual  no urgency until the last 10 minutes. Up until then it was far too much passing either back or sideways. The single moment of quality was Clough's goal. Everything else stood out as sheer mediocrity. No guile, no pressure on their defence, almost every player out of sorts today.
At one stage he had Proctor ,Madine, Wilkinson and Clayton on-  four supposed strikers and they were all an  embarrassment.
An automatic promotion slot is getting more and more out of the question unless he can find some impetus going forward and the embargo is likely to make sure that that won't happen.
The reality is that a playoff place is the best that we can hope for and that may be as 5th or 6th as other mighty clubs (like Fleetwood) show us how to win.
I'll nail my colours to the mast- Madine, despite the praise heaped on him is just a carthorse. A corpse could mark him out the game. He wins nothing constructive for us and is as big a waste of a shirt as Heskey was under Lennon.
Today was a disaster- and every League 1 manager will know that we are not a force to be reckoned with. If you want a point against BWFC just put 9 men behind the ball as they're impotent.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

they ought to be fucking ashamed of themselves !!! fuck off Parkinson !!

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The lack of direct play in the middle of the park, something ameobi gave us, and no proven goal scorer is going to see us struggle.

I see Keshi Anderson got a hat trick today against a team with 10 men.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Likely to slide down the table now I'm afraid to say. The combination of the embargo and the honeymoon period for Parky being over. As Rammy says above the urgency didn't start till 10 minutes left on the clock. Why not go after them immediately after their player went off.....piling on the pressure then etc.
If results go against us next weekend we could be 5th come next Saturday night.
The is blame all around but the fact that KA has still not filed that paperwork is a big part of it IMO.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Its a classic case of being found out. Teams have played us once and figured out our game plan. Until we find an extra dimension I see this trend continuing.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We simply aren't going to get a prolific striker in these circumstances so Parky needs to look at alternative solutions such as changing his system and/or selection. As Keshi Anderson showed yesterday, play him the right way and he will score - always has, always will.
Whilst we had the best defence in all divisions earlier in the season, it was acceptable to play the Parky way because we were keeping clean sheets and minimising opportunities for the opposition, however it also limited our attacking options. It's fine to sit deep if the midfield has the legs and pace to counterattack quickly and effectively but ours doesn't so we are always up against a packed defence when we do get forward and although we can keep possession it all grinds to a halt at the edge of their box.
Now we are conceding goals and I suspect Parky's instinct is set up even more defensively rather than look to push back, so perhaps we can get by with a load of narrow wins and draws, but I'd much rather see some pace and spark up front rather than aiming for the target man all the time. Seems to me that Vela is the one who bombs on and I'd play him and Clayton and someone who can finish like Samizadeh rather than Clough and Madine holding it up short of the goal whilst the opposition defence files back and gets organised. Maybe I'm clutching at straws but something needs to change and the ball's in Parky's court IMO.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:We simply aren't going to get a prolific striker in these circumstances so Parky needs to look at alternative solutions such as changing his system and/or selection. As Keshi Anderson showed yesterday, play him the right way and he will score - always has, always will.
Whilst we had the best defence in all divisions earlier in the season, it was acceptable to play the Parky way because we were keeping clean sheets and minimising opportunities for the opposition, however it also limited our attacking options. It's fine to sit deep if the midfield has the legs and pace to counterattack quickly and effectively but ours doesn't so we are always up against a packed defence when we do get forward and although we can keep possession it all grinds to a halt at the edge of their box.
Now we are conceding goals and I suspect Parky's instinct is set up even more defensively rather than look to push back, so perhaps we can get by with a load of narrow wins and draws, but I'd much rather see some pace and spark up front rather than aiming for the target man all the time. Seems to me that Vela is the one who bombs on and I'd play him and Clayton and someone who can finish like Samizadeh rather than Clough and Madine holding it up short of the goal whilst the opposition defence files back and gets organised. Maybe I'm clutching at straws but something needs to change and the ball's in Parky's court IMO.

I think you're right- there is no chance of bringing anyone in who will be a prolific striker- so its  a matter of maximising what he's got. That demands a change in tactics -like using Samizadeh  from now on and letting Vela and Clough pay closer to him down the centre. I think its now the time that Parkinson can show whether he can change his approach to utilise the resources that he's got better. It's time he showed his mettle.
its abundantly clear that the current strike force is bereft of ideas ( and, in my opinion, skill as well) and so something needs to give. The shape needs to be changed also to let Osede sit in front of the back four with Spearing playing 10 yards further forward.
that should provide some protection to the back four who I think are still solid enough.
But Parky MUST try something different  ,or else we will simply spiral downwards again as we have season after season for years.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think he can change. I have no doubt it'll be the same team at MK Dons next weekend.

I feel sorry for Madine, he's won plenty of headers but has no one to support him. If he was with a quality striker like Le Fondre or Earnshaw I have no doubt he'd be appreciated more.

Big weekend for Parkinson next time out, if/when he picks the same team and we lose the knives will be out.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't think he can change. I have no doubt it'll be the same team at MK Dons next weekend.
..and that's the stumbling block. We've been here before with managers who are dogmatic about their playing style, Coyle for example. Problem with that is that certain players are more suited to particular playing styles so managers shape their squad and favour players who fit with their approach - and when a shake up is needed, it's then difficult to adapt to new systems and make new selections with players who have been frozen out and a team unfamiliar with their new roles. Top managers create flexible rotated squads that can adapt their style as needed and all have game time experience and fitness.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Dreadful defending by us -

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it was the wifes birthday yesterday so we went out in Manchester and i missed the match, good choice by the sounds and from what i've read as well.

It is time to find a striker who can actually score, we will slip down the table if we can't score more goals and yes i do mean ALF  Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:it was the wifes birthday yesterday so we went out in Manchester and i missed the match.

I'll save Boggers the effort.....shit fan.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig,you should have taken her to the match,as a special treat.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Norpig,you should have taken her to the match,as a special treat.

It would have saved you your next anniversary present as she'd have left you by now if you had taken her

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Norpig,you should have taken her to the match,as a special treat.

It would have saved you your next anniversary present as she'd have left you by now if you had taken her
Laughing

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:it was the wifes birthday yesterday so we went out in Manchester and i missed the match.

I'll save Boggers the effort.....shit fan.
i have been a shit fan this year but i reckon i've still been to more games than you over the years

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

she has been a couple of times but that was in the glory days when we played Arsenal. She just wanted to see Thierry Henry in the flesh  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum